• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you think about police stating a knife in Blake's car?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The police have stated that Blake had a knife in his car, perhaps suggesting that this gave the police at the scene the right to shoot Blake. I guess my question is did the police know of the knife before they shot him as they never went to the car and searched it before the shot him. Blake has admitted to the police there was a knife in the car while in the hospital. We have no idea what kind of knife it is. It could have been a butcher knife or just a pocket knife. People on this message board suggested Blake had the knife on him while out of the car, but that is not true. Do you think the fact that there was a knife in the car, apparently unknown to the police at the time they shot Blake, gave them the right to shoot him? It seems to me that the police are saying that if there "might" be a danger to the police and it gives them the right to shoot. Do you think that is right? Just asking?

The police have stated that Blake had a knife in his car, perhaps suggesting that this gave the police at the scene the right to shoot Blake. I guess my question is did the police know of the knife before they shot him as they never went to the car and searched it before the shot him. Blake has admitted to the police there was a knife in the car while in the hospital. We have no idea what kind of knife it is. It could have been a butcher knife or just a pocket knife. People on this message board suggested Blake had the knife on him while out of the car, but that is not true. Do you think the fact that there was a knife in the car, apparently unknown to the police at the time they shot Blake, gave them the right to shoot him? It seems to me that the police are saying that if there "might" be a danger to the police and it gives them the right to shoot. Do you think that is right? Just asking?

I've heard both versions, on him, in the car and supposedly he told police he had a knife in the car. What else do you expect them to say after shooting him in the back? In my opinion, once again the cops will cover for each other. I watched the video, the cops could have done several things instead of shooting him. Oh well, one more dead black guy means nothing in trump's law and order land. What a joke from the biggest con man america has ever seen.

Oh, you're just using way too much logic for this group.

Doesn't change a thing. Blake told them there was a knife in his car.

That was about the sloppiest piece of Police work I have seen in a long time and I have seen some real gobsmacking police work in my time.

State AG and the DA have not exactly covered themselves in glory so far either. Long on blowhard rhetoric and not much else.

Wasn't it reported that the LEO(s) yelled more than one to "drop the knife" before shots were fired?

There are many unanswered questions with this case. Hopefully a unbiased investigation will be conducted by an outside source, like the FBI.

One can play the "what if" game on almost any shooting. This case in another example of speculation by social media postings. People react to partial facts.

Blake was not in a threatening stance, it would require quite a bit of effort to move from the position he was in to one that he could then attack or injure the officer given that he would have to clear the car first.

So far it appears the officer overreacted even if there was a knife, at least based on what I have seen from the video.

Blake was not in a threatening stance, it would require quite a bit of effort to move from the position he was in to one that he could then attack or injure the officer.

So far it appears the officer overreacted even if there was a knife.

I don't think it likely that any of those cops even saw a knife in Blake's hand. HE TOLD THEM THERE WAS A KNIFE IN HIS CAR. if one of the cops said "drop the knife" I am more inclined to think that since Blake told them it was in the car, they simply made another knee jerk, asshat determination that he was going for it. Sort of like pumping 7 rounds into his back while holding him by his shirt.

Wasn't it reported that the LEO(s) yelled more than one to "drop the knife" before shots were fired?

There are many unanswered questions with this case. Hopefully a unbiased investigation will be conducted by an outside source, like the FBI.

One can play the "what if" game on almost any shooting. This case in another example of speculation by social media postings. People react to partial facts.

I have not heard anything about anyone saying drop the knife and that has not been reported by the police. I suspect if there was anything to give the police at the scene the right to shoot we would already know it. And if you watch the video Blake never got the chance to get far enough into the car to have grabbed a knife. Probably just another attempt by people to say it was a good shoot>

How does ANYONE but the police that was there on site know what he was doing with the knife. Do they know wether or not he picked up the knife, and was going to come at the police with it? No they DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not heard anything about anyone saying drop the knife and that has not been reported by the police. I suspect if there was anything to give the police at the scene the right to shoot we would already know it. And if you watch the video Blake never got the chance to get far enough into the car to have grabbed a knife. Probably just another attempt by people to say it was a good shoot>

Something the investigation will need to sort out.

""I heard them telling him, 'Drop the knife' when I was recording, and looking, I didn't see a knife," said Ray. "I was looking at his hands. When they said, 'Drop the knife,' I didn't see one.""
'''I didn'''t see a knife:''' Man who recorded viral video of shooting of Jacob Blake '''hopes he gets justice'''

Back
Top Bottom