• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you stop to watch?

mrjurrs

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Over the last year I've watched more than my share of TV, and I've found that there are always a couple of movies that I stop for a while if I happen to come across them in my channel surfing. I don't think there is one movie that stops me more than Tombstone (1993). Favorite scene? Come on, "I'm your huckleberry..."

What movie stops you?

What do you stop to watch?

Car wrecks
House fires
Ambulance calls

Over the last year I've watched more than my share of TV, and I've found that there are always a couple of movies that I stop for a while if I happen to come across them in my channel surfing. I don't think there is one movie that stops me more than Tombstone (1993). Favorite scene? Come on, "I'm your huckleberry..."

What movie stops you?

No doubt the best written, and best acted role of Val Kilmer's career.
Big screen actors have long careers just hoping, and never get to work on such great characters, and with such understated lines.

"I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."

Lethal Weapon, Gladiator, Hot Shots Part Deux, Airplane, anything by Monty Python, any Godzilla movie, Apollo 13, A Time To Kill, A Few Good Men

All the President's Men; Die Hard; A Few Good Men, yes; A Murder of Crows; Halloween; The Firm..... and I know I'm forgetting a ton.

No doubt the best written, and best acted role of Val Kilmer's career.
Big screen actors have long careers just hoping, and never get to work on such great characters, and with such understated lines.

"I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear."
'I don't know, should I hate him darling?' It is a great role.

Glory, The Hunt for Red October, Moulin Rouge, Dances With Wolves

edited to add Airplane LOL!!

SNOWFLAKES FALLING

17008883-snowflakes-falling-from-the-sky.jpg

What movie stops you?

Val Kilmer was outstanding as Doc Holliday!

Glory, The Hunt for Red October, Moulin Rouge, Dances With Wolves

edited to add Airplane LOL!!

My wife gets very breathy and uses up all the oxygen in the room whenever Sean Connery as Captain Ramius comes on.
Of course, it also winds up a plus for me as he clearly puts her in a good mood.
Thanks Sean, just please don't show up at our door or she'll kick my dumb ass to the curb. 😂
(Yes, I know he recently passed away)

85510cda14bd6e2dc8dbed2f857590bc.jpg

2001 A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Apocalypse Now
Blue Velvet
Sucker Punch

2001 A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Apocalypse Now
Blue Velvet
YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!

Sucker Punch?? Fraid I ain't never heard tell of that one.

Hot damn that Isabella Rossellini is a hottie.

2001 A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
Apocalypse Now
Blue Velvet
YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!

Sucker Punch?? Fraid I ain't never heard tell of that one.

Hot damn that Isabella Rossellini is a hottie.

Sucker Punch is super good. From music to visuals and special effects to a very intense story line. (many I know missed the story line or simply did not appreciate the genius invoked)

Back
Top Bottom