• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you listen to that has never been top 40?

Most of what I listen to isn't top 40. I am forced to listen to top 40 though because of my kids...grrrr

Right now I'm listening to:

Mumford and Sons (my absolute fav band)
The Black Keys (getting a little more mainstream)
Arcade Fire
My Morning Jacket
Ray LaMontagne
The Civil Wars

Last edited:
Ween. Great Band.

Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions.

Almost everything I listen to has never been top 40, but here's an especially weird example: And hey, speaking of weird, does anyone know why the post formatting has gone all wonky?

My cousin's former band

about 75% of my music collection

One of my more recent obsessions:

About 95% of my music.
Rage Against the Machine
Asking Alexandria
Queens of the Stone Age
The Coup
Immortal Technique
Tyler the Creator
Bassnectar
Skindred
Slipknot
Tool
Anti-Flag
Arch Enemy

i can go on and on

Most of the stuff I listen too has never been top 40.

Nah - I looked through a lot of the artist lists and didn't see anyone I faithfully listen to - a lot with songs I like. but of "my" bands - none. . . and no - I didn't see tool listed, either. :)

Fleet Foxes, Animal Collective, Atlas Sound, Wolf Parade, Gorilla Manor, Jay Reatard, The Long Winters,Olivia Tremor Control, Super Furry Animals, Spoon, The Purrs, Field Music, Bear In heaven, Sunset Rubdown, Islands, Cotton Mather, P.T. Walkley, Broken Social Scene, Built To Spill, Brendan Benson, Magnetic Fields, M. Ward, Twilight Sad, The Big Pink, Black Lips, Thee Oh Sees, Fucked Up, Sigur Ros, Los Campesinos, Kurt Vile, Surfer Blood......

I don't listen to much that is top 40-ish.

Most everything I listen to. If it does happen it's purely coincidental.

Almost everything I listen to is underground. The only real music I listen to that is top 40 are the R&B/soul/Motown/disco classics from the 60's and 70's. And a few bands from the 90s I grew up with; Rage, Smashing Pumpkins, Primus, etc. I also like Wu-Tang and associates and some other mainstream rap acts.

Other than that, I'm strictly underground.

Back
Top Bottom