• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you do when you get bored?

I just proposed a reform for the fashion that an artificial language handles numbers.

I build something- usually small wood projects like bird houses or other outdoor nature-related stuff. I also have a new interest. I'm learning to shoot an air rifle, just because I've never learned to shoot long guns, but I don't like the noise of real rifles.;)

go on an e-hunt for new music, go to the local library and read a random book, make stupid comments on here, sleep or masturbate, or all of the above, at the same time.

Boredom? What's that?

I build something- usually small wood projects like bird houses or other outdoor nature-related stuff. I also have a new interest. I'm learning to shoot an air rifle, just because I've never learned to shoot long guns, but I don't like the noise of real rifles.;)

Oh, that's cool. One of the issues with me is that I live in the middle of Bum****, Nowhere, so I have to drive a minimum of 45 minutes to get to any major stores, such as Home Depot, to buy things I would need for a project like that. That's a lot of gas to be spending on a whim.

But maybe I'll look online for some birdhouse plans, pick up the materials, and save it for when I have a chance to work on it. I've been thinking of building some birdhouses anyways. :)

Oh, that's cool. One of the issues with me is that I live in the middle of Bum****, Nowhere, so I have to drive a minimum of 45 minutes to get to any major stores, such as Home Depot, to buy things I would need for a project like that. That's a lot of gas to be spending on a whim.

But maybe I'll look online for some birdhouse plans, pick up the materials, and save it for when I have a chance to work on it. I've been thinking of building some birdhouses anyways. :)

You could build a bat house.
We built one, it's pretty cool. Very complex. Got the plans off the internet.
It gets bats living in it every year.
We also built wood duck boxes and a trap for catching cowbirds (because they kill other, endangered birds).
If you're going to build birdhouses, find out what sort of birds are indigenous to your area and get plans for a house which will attract that specific type of bird.
If there are endangered birds in your area, maybe you can help them, while at the same time relieving your boredom. It's a win/win. :)

I built padded training swords out of PVC pipe, pool toys, and duct tape and then sparred with a friend. He's moving in next week, so I anticipate those swords getting a lot of use.

Did you build it and did they come?

What do you do when you get bored? And I don't mean just bored, I mean when you don't want to do any of your usual amusements.

i chat with sam:lol:

You could do volunteer work to help those less able. Many persons particularly the elderly nearly always have something that is being neglected around the house simply because they are unable to keep up. Taking an hour or two to help a neighbor weed a flowerbed or mow their lawn can be a fulfilling en devour.

What do you do when you get bored? And I don't mean just bored, I mean when you don't want to do any of your usual amusements.

Turn on music and dance around. Really.

Oh....old thread. I miss jallman and RightinNYC.

Back
Top Bottom