• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you desperately wish Conservatives and republicans would understand?

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed

What do you desperately wish Conservatives and republicans would understand?​

renderTimingPixel.png

How can we make them understand?

renderTimingPixel.png

That people who look different, pray differently, live differently, and love differently than you do are not to be automatically feared and shunned.

Young people see this bigotry from righties, and it's just pushing them further to the left.

renderTimingPixel.png

That America is not a birthright, and requires continuing effort to maintain.

That life is not fair in America, and just because you 'have' many of the benefits of being American doesn't make you a 'real' American.

renderTimingPixel.png

That everyone should become a democrat and agree with all liberal opinions, or else risk being called a toothless gringo.

That everyone should become a democrat and agree with all liberal opinions, or else risk being called a toothless gringo.

^ That post is a good example of the need for the OP.

The ****ing 1st Amendment.

People facing career consequences for saying dumb or bigoted shit isn't a violation of anyone's First Amendment rights.

Neither is being booted off Twitter cause someone's endless lies incurred political violence.

"Cancel culture" has always existed. It isn't a violation of your rights, and the only difference now, is that some people are on the receiving end of "cancel culture" when they've traditionally done it to others.

that man made climate change is a very real phenomena which has the potential to be an existential threat to humanity

for example,...

1649870451620.png

A larger percentage of Republicans exist between "Mount Stupid" and the "Valley of Despair" than Democrats do. The average conservative tends to vacillate between the two, in fact, ignoring any new information that pushes them toward the "Valley of Despair."

This is why Republicans love the uneducated. Anyone who is devoted to living on Mount Stupid can be convinced of anything by someone with sufficient confidence.

I wish republicans and neo-conservatives could make me understand why they consistently vote against their own best interests.

I wish conservatives would understand the actual positions they are arguing against. Half the time I'm arguing with a conservative I feel like they are arguing against a fake version of a liberal in their head created by too much Fox news instead of what I'm actually saying.

Three things:

1. That America is a land of immigrants, as much as they wish it weren't or like to say it isn't.
2. That the right to free speech does not imply a right to private or third party amplification of speech
3. That if you elevate grifters to your senior-most leadership, people cannot trust that you have their best interests in mind

That giving federal ‘block grants’ to the states (or handing “safety net” benefits to their residents) is not giving state governments (more) rights or power. They are simply bribes to accept (ever more) federal government control.

renderTimingPixel.png

That remains the great mystery.

Back
Top Bottom