• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What do you consider more importan the war on terrot or global warming?

What do you consider more important, the war on terror or Global warming?

• War on Terror

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Global Warming

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters
Saboteur said:
Wrong! My love of this country and support for our troops super cedes my hatred of Bush.... If called upon I will go whole heartedly. In fact I regret not joining the Marines when I had a chance.

What's a distration war?

i will give you the benefit of the doubt that you could not figure out the typo 'Distraction' which is what so many refer to the war in Iraq as
a distraction from the war on terror

if i am wrong, you are a .................

Last edited:
DeeJayH said:
i will give you the benefit of the doubt that you could not figure out the typo 'Distraction' which is what so many refer to the war in Iraq as

Well, it wasn't too clear what the distraction was supposed to be from your post. I mean, Clinton bombed Afghanistan as a distraction from Monica's press conference, and then he bombed Yugoland for months to distract from the release of the Cox Report, so I was scratching my head trying to figure out what you thought Bush was hiding.

But as a "distraction from the 'war on terror' ", you're wrong. Iraq is a vital marker in any game involving the middle east, and changing the Middle East is essential in countering terrorism. It's the center of the board.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Well, it wasn't too clear what the distraction was supposed to be from your post. I mean, Clinton bombed Afghanistan as a distraction from Monica's press conference, and then he bombed Yugoland for months to distract from the release of the Cox Report, so I was scratching my head trying to figure out what you thought Bush was hiding.

But as a "distraction from the 'war on terror' ", you're wrong. Iraq is a vital marker in any game involving the middle east, and changing the Middle East is essential in countering terrorism. It's the center of the board.

fair enough, but have you not heard of the Iraq war being called a distraction from teh war on Terror

now i will delete the obnoxious remark i ended my previous post, since it wasnt directed at you, and you clarified that there was some ambiguity to it

DeeJayH said:
fair enough, but have you not heard of the Iraq war being called a distraction from teh war on Terror

now i will delete the obnoxious remark i ended my previous post, since it wasnt directed at you, and you clarified that there was some ambiguity to it

I've heard others say similar things, but they're arguing from ignorance.

Then again, I hope no one gets the wrong idea and starts thinking I was in support of invading Iraq (I was not), or that I think Iraq was the best second move (it may be, the alternatives I can think of, Iran, N. Korea, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan all seem less attractive as targets on the whole, but I'm not positive, and it's moot now, anyway), or that I think Iraq was done right (it wasn't and it's not).

But no matter. We got our girlfriend pregnant and abortion isn't an option. Best we can do now is whatever it takes to make sure we get a healthy baby. Running away in this situation is as reprehensible as any father abandoning his children. It's just not done.

DeeJayH said:

if i am wrong, you are a .................

Sorry I picked on your typo, you may call me a dick. But you know it was in response to your assuming that I would "dodge the draft" or something because I don't like President Bush or the war and because I have liberal views.

I've only heard that the war in Iraq is "the front in the war on terror" what Afghanistan is supposed to be now well, who knows?

As far as distractions go... well jeez I think the administration is having trouble setting up a smoke screen for anything right know. The economy is going south (black friday, the big sales day after Thanksgiving, reported modest spending), Top GOP members are being indicted, others are making racist remarks, somebody at the white house really commited treason, FEMA's new appointed director did a horrible job, the president's approval rating is below 35%, Rumsfeld is a sadist stooge who probably gets off listening to the sounds of torture, and the veep is lashing out at their critics.

I don't know maybe some people are distracted by all that but not a lot of us. I'll bet more people wish the war was a distraction than are actually distracted by it.

Archon said:
It wasn't just any skyskraper, dear boy. It was two skyscrapers which represented the virtue (or perhaps detriment) of free trade world wide. In an act of terrorism the point is to slaughter and kill. In an act of war one's utmost, and foremost, objective is to cripple the economy of their enemy. So do you have ANY question of why attacking the WTC might just do this? THe war on terror is a myth. They hate us because of our principals not because they envy us. Yet no one wants to know why.... they just whine and cry. No one wants to take accountability for what Bush has made of our nation nor how he has become a total disgrace to the epitomy of our beliefs... and you apologize for him. Bush is a terrorists best friend. His efforts have created more terror, more fear, and more dissent than you care to realize. Why don't we just nuke the middle east? I'm sure Bush would like to... because if he did then he would expose himself for the tyrranical dictator that he claims Saddam Hussein to be.

It will be a freezing day on the Styx River when it is your responsibility to dictate to me what is important or imperative dear boy.

Had we let diplomacy run it's course... and try to resolve this conflict as men (by the virtue of communication) then perhaps you wouldn't have to ask why the "terrorists" were pissed of. Perhaps we would know. It's not like it's not obvious anyway dingleberry. By the virtue of our vindictive retaliation we have proven to be just as tyrannical as them. So what is your point? Christian Doctrine? An eye for an eye? THen whats all the fuss about anyway. In this case WE SHOULD ALL JUST PERISH for our beliefs.

The issue here is sincerity. Actions speak louder than words. Take an objective look at the world, Child.

And your welcome.
[/QUOTE]

Dear dear, I seriously hope I dont end up like you when I go into the air force.

We all know why. Its not a secret. It was bad foreign diplomacy. But does that still give them the right to kill innocents? Maybe you beleive that it is. But if thats the case then you are still wrong. :2wave:

Originally posted by SKILMATIC:
Dear dear, I seriously hope I dont end up like you when I go into the air force.

We all know why. Its not a secret. It was bad foreign diplomacy. But does that still give them the right to kill innocents? Maybe you beleive that it is. But if thats the case then you are still wrong
Who are you?

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
But no matter. We got our girlfriend pregnant and abortion isn't an option. Best we can do now is whatever it takes to make sure we get a healthy baby. Running away in this situation is as reprehensible as any father abandoning his children. It's just not done.

Nice analogy, very well put.

Back
Top Bottom