• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What do you believe happens when you die?

Do you believe in a spiritual life after death?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WOW, talk about a narrow-minded poll. I was actually excited when I saw the topic, but this is just blatant Fundieism. Where's the reincarnation option? The Jonathan Seagull-esque improvement of the human spirit option? etc . . You left out a lot of options and need to open your mind to a broader world view imo.

Nothing. It'll be like an eternal, dreamless sleep. But I will never know for sure, so maybe it's best to be indifferent to the subject because there is no way to truely know.

Blind man said:
WOW, talk about a narrow-minded poll. I was actually excited when I saw the topic, but this is just blatant Fundieism. Where's the reincarnation option? The Jonathan Seagull-esque improvement of the human spirit option? etc . . You left out a lot of options and need to open your mind to a broader world view imo.

Yeah, really. Bit of a False Dilemma, don'tcha think?

Blind Man, I wont apologize for not believing in the eastern garbage of reincarnation nor the plethora of eastern ...ism's. Those religions are essentially a veiled attempt by demonic beings to be worshipped as God's since they couldnt be so worshipped in Heaven before the True Creator.

There is only one God and one truth. Everything else is either man's arrogant and boastful opinion which misleads himself or the devil's lies trying to lead man to worship him.

The New Testament of the Christian bible is the only proof of what happens to our souls after death. Jesus Christ said that I am the truth and the life. Not the death, but the LIFE.

Joh 9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Why do think that NDE'rs (People experiencing a near death experience) see the most intense bright light after death? That light is Christ, the giver of light to those who seek it.

Lazarus

Lazarus said:
Blind Man, I wont apologize for not believing in the eastern garbage of reincarnation nor the plethora of eastern ...ism's. Those religions are essentially a veiled attempt by demonic beings to be worshipped as God's since they couldnt be so worshipped in Heaven before the True Creator.

There is only one God and one truth. Everything else is either man's arrogant and boastful opinion which misleads himself or the devil's lies trying to lead man to worship him.

The New Testament of the Christian bible is the only proof of what happens to our souls after death. Jesus Christ said that I am the truth and the life. Not the death, but the LIFE.

Why do think that NDE'rs (People experiencing a near death experience) see the most intense bright light after death? That light is Christ, the giver of light to those who seek it.

Lazarus
Whether you believe in something or not, if you are to conduct a poll, at least include other sides of issues instead of trying to drum up some new converts....
The epitome of arrogance^^

Lazarus said:

Lazarus

There are plenty of people that think Jesus is a joke. Who are you to say they're wrong? Jews are the Chosen People, and they don't accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. Are they wrong? I don't think so. Some religions just don't work for some people, while others do. It's not for you to decide what is crap and what isn't.

FYI, most "eastern" religions don't even believe in devils or demons. Take Wicca for example, though I wouldn't call that an "eastern" religion....since they do not believe in your "God", there is also no "Satan", which disproves every person that has tried to call a Wiccan a Satan worshipper.

It might do you some good to do some research on other religions, especially paganism, since most of Christianity is derived from pagan religions.

Wow, just wow. I almost don't know where to begin. i was laughing at your ignorance in making the poll the way you did in the first place, but there's no word in our language to describe my amusement at your attempt to refute my post. You come in here asking people to take time out of their day to answer your poll, and then proselytize everybody who doesn't agree with your narrow interpretation of the world. Kinda ironic isn't it? I mean if you KNOW the truth and are so sure of yourself in your certainty that your viewpoint is the only correct one, Why ask other people for their opinions? Seems like a waste of time to me. Why not just lock yourself in a room, read your little book, and wait for the end of the world?

Lazarus posts on another forum I used to post on. He's actually an embittered atheist making a straw man attack on Christianity with this persona. He's also a troll.

Anyone who answers anything but #3.....is speculating.

Kandahar said:
Lazarus posts on another forum I used to post on. He's actually an embittered atheist making a straw man attack on Christianity with this persona. He's also a troll.

ROFL, if that's true it's EVEN WORSE than I originally thought. If what he said is true, GET A LIFE! (and learn how to use reverse arguments effectively)

Kandahar said:

Small world, isn't it?

Lazarus said:

Lazarus

Its funny....but, My Mother died for 15 minutes....and she actually saw the light you speak of...sorta...let me just say, according to her....Christ was a No Show.

tecoyah said:
Its funny....but, My Mother died for 15 minutes....and she actually saw the light you speak of...sorta...let me just say, according to her....Christ was a No Show.

Simply out of curiosity... was she a Christian before that?

Your association of Christianity tied in with Paganism is quite interesting. Are you Jewish perhaps? Since that's usually the M.O. given by Jews in refuting their own Messiah. The belief being that pagan holidays were hijacked by Christians, etc... Nothing could be further from the truth. The hijacking occurred when the western world changed calendars (Julian / Gregorian) and thus days of celebrating the Lord's birthday / Resurrection etc were altered and not maintained as they were in the old world. The original days of Christmas / Easter etc...are thus in the old world calendars (Eastern Orthodx Calendars). The Jews know this as well as their days of Hanukkah change as the position of the moon.

The truth is simple here. This link http://www.mother-of-jesus.orgshows apparition photos of the Holy Mother of Christ presenting her son as a blessing into our home. There it is folks from the spirit world, no commentary needed. Read the New Testament, Believe in Jesus the Christ who is God incarnate and live beyond the grave.

As for the comment on me being a former atheist? What????? I think you have the wrong guy here !

Aeginos

Stace said:
There are plenty of people that think Jesus is a joke. Who are you to say they're wrong? Jews are the Chosen People, and they don't accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. Are they wrong? I don't think so. Some religions just don't work for some people, while others do. It's not for you to decide what is crap and what isn't.

FYI, most "eastern" religions don't even believe in devils or demons. Take Wicca for example, though I wouldn't call that an "eastern" religion....since they do not believe in your "God", there is also no "Satan", which disproves every person that has tried to call a Wiccan a Satan worshipper.

It might do you some good to do some research on other religions, especially paganism, since most of Christianity is derived from pagan religions.

tecoyah said:

There's a couple schools of thought on this.
Some say it's a divine intervention or what you will see when you meet your maker or higher power which doesn't necsessarily have to be the Christian god.

Second some scientists associate the tunnel vision with the bright light as a lack of oxygen to the brain.

We will never really know the truth, although it's interesting.

Stupiderthanthou said:
Simply out of curiosity... was she a Christian before that?

Actually...she was catholic. Now has a Phd in psycology, and is a well known Holistic Healer.She told me what she experienced, and of ALL the people on this earth....I cant see her making this stuff up. Lets just say.....though I cant be sure of what happens....I'm a bit more relaxed about the whole death thing....heh.

SixStringHero said:
Second some scientists associate the tunnel vision with the bright light as a lack of oxygen to the brain.

I thought there was no brain activity with NDEs.

Lazarus said:
Your association of Christianity tied in with Paganism is quite interesting. Are you Jewish perhaps? Since that's usually the M.O. given by Jews in refuting their own Messiah. The belief being that pagan holidays were hijacked by Christians, etc... Nothing could be further from the truth. The hijacking occurred when the western world changed calendars (Julian / Gregorian) and thus days of celebrating the Lord's birthday / Resurrection etc were altered and not maintained as they were in the old world. The original days of Christmas / Easter etc...are thus in the old world calendars (Eastern Orthodx Calendars). The Jews know this as well as their days of Hanukkah change as the position of the moon.

Nope...not Jewish...though I have tried to read the Torah (translated, which wasnt quite the same), also read four versions of the Bibles, and most of the Qur·’an, as well as several eastern texts.....eventually followed the line to Quantum Mechanics, and that led me to formulate my own beliefs. I claim Pagan simply because they dont mind if I do, that and the vast majority of ancient Celtic mythology is just plain cool to me. Was Wiccan for awhile, which helped me understand a bit more about energy manipulation, and the power of mind......oh, was born and raised Catholic, went to church everyday but Saturday for seven years.
As you can see I have looked into many aspects of spirituality....and came to a very profound realization:

They are all Correct....simply because I dont know the real answers. That said, I would be ignorant to call a religion wrong. I can still judge the individuals based on observation....but who am I to say a belief is incorrect.

Lazarus said:

The truth is simple here. This link http://www.mother-of-jesus.orgshows apparition photos of the Holy Mother of Christ presenting her son as a blessing into our home. There it is folks from the spirit world, no commentary needed. Read the New Testament, Believe in Jesus the Christ who is God incarnate and live beyond the grave.

As for the comment on me being a former atheist? What????? I think you have the wrong guy here !

Aeginos

Nope, not Jewish.

http://www.medmalexperts.com/POCM/

You should check that website out. There's also a few books I could recommend for further reading. The fact is, paganism was around long before Christianity; even the concept of immaculate birth is not original or unique to Christianity.

Stop proselytizing. I do not believe in God, nor will I ever accept Jesus Christ as the Savior. And no, I'm not atheist, either. But this is a place to debate politics, not to try and round up some more believers.

tecoyah said:
Actually...she was catholic. Now has a Phd in psycology, and is a well known Holistic Healer.She told me what she experienced, and of ALL the people on this earth....I cant see her making this stuff up. Lets just say.....though I cant be sure of what happens....I'm a bit more relaxed about the whole death thing....heh.

Very interesting... thanks.

tecoyah said:

Yeah, it's pretty amazing how so many people who're retrieved from death under the intense lights on the operating table report seeing bright lights "on the other side".

I can't figure out how, though.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Yeah, it's pretty amazing how so many people who're retrieved from death under the intense lights on the operating table report seeing bright lights "on the other side".

I can't figure out how, though.

It is interesting...but I generally refrain from telling people what she saw because of the ridicule it garners from the closed minded. Do I accept her experience as fact....No. Does it effect my understanding of possibilities....Yes. Am I suprised in the least by your reply....Nope.

tecoyah said:
It is interesting...but I generally refrain from telling people what she saw because of the ridicule it garners from the closed minded. Do I accept her experience as fact....No. Does it effect my understanding of possibilities....Yes. Am I suprised in the least by your reply....Nope.

I've had dreams too, when my mind isn't functioning like it does when I'm awake. I never continue to confuse them with reality once wakefulness is upon me. Someone said that brain activity ceases in near death experiences. So what? It clearly has to do a cold boot before coming back on line, and in that time sensory impressions are not likely to be recognized or classified correctly. Thus the bright lights and tunnels and noises and the rest.

There doesn't seem to be a need to introduce the supernatural to explain the subjective phenomena of NDE's.

Back
Top Bottom