• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What do you believe happens when you die?

Do you believe in a spiritual life after death?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caine said:
Why?

Because they don't accept JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - SUS.

It goes deeper than that.

Jews have a tradition of insularity, which the outside takes to mean that they think their daughters are too good to marry non-jews.

They also, from the same insularity, tend to trade within their own group, and this usually leads them to accumulate wealth.

This extra wealth tends to enable them to afford better educations for their kids, which...well, let's them get better jobs, earn more money, and umm...accumulate more wealth.

It doesn't take too many generations of this sort of thing for a group to lift itself out of the muck. Becuase other people aren't doing this, that the jews are doing it must be because they're doing something underhanded.

Minding your own business and being successful while also being different will cause the majority to distrust you. That's human nature, a classic tribal instinct.

Plus we all know that the Jews killed Jesus.

So the Jews become ready made scapegoats for any regime that needs to re-direct the attention of their masses away from the regime.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:

Jews have a tradition of insularity, which the outside takes to mean that they think their daughters are too good to marry non-jews.

They also, from the same insularity, tend to trade within their own group, and this usually leads them to accumulate wealth.

This extra wealth tends to enable them to afford better educations for their kids, which...well, let's them get better jobs, earn more money, and umm...accumulate more wealth.

:prof

Actually, the reason that the Jews accumulated wealth over the centuries was because the Catholic Church banned usury, which was the practice of lending money with interest. The Jews were the only people giving out loans, and they made money on the interest.

Alright Allah Akhbar, lets see......

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Because, you may not know it, but its a friggin' mitzvah (commandment) to not intermarry with gentiles. If you knew more about Judaism, you might know this. Jews have 613 commandments.

So? They trade within thier own group, do you blame them? They have been persecuted since the damned Christians took over from in the early 500s

So? This is good. I don't understand the outrage.

It doesn't take too many generations of this sort of thing for a group to lift itself out of the muck. Becuase other people aren't doing this, that the jews are doing it must be because they're doing something underhanded.
So, let me get this straight.... they are underhanded because they aren't ****ing idiots? Okay.

Minding your own business and being successful while also being different will cause the majority to distrust you. That's human nature, a classic tribal instinct.

No, the Romans killed Jesus. He was put on trial because he broke Jewish Law, and thus, should be punished. You have to think like the Jews 2 millenia thought when looking at this situation, not how a Christian in modern times would see Jesus. Back in the day, Jesus was no different from the other false messiahs that the Jews have had to deal with, besides the fact that he cast aside the Oral Torah, laws and teachings told to Moses by god that were not written down, until the Midrash and Talmud were written of course. You should check out, "Why the Jews rejected Jesus" this book brings good insight into WHY the Jews of Jesus's time didn't throw aside thier own faith and believe yet another man claming to be the Messiah.

So the Jews become ready made scapegoats for any regime that needs to re-direct the attention of their masses away from the regime.
And I say, **** that, and **** them.

Engimo said:
:prof

Actually, the reason that the Jews accumulated wealth over the centuries was because the Catholic Church banned usury, which was the practice of lending money with interest. The Jews were the only people giving out loans, and they made money on the interest.

Well, I knew that, but forgot to mention it, and you're right in that it was significant, and that too would be a factor causing resentment. Good catch.

SixStringHero said:
Sorry, but that's a contradictory statement.

If you don't believe in a god, then how is that not considered being an atheist?

Because I don't believe in God, the one with a capital G. I haven't rejected the idea of other gods or deities, though.

Stace said:
Because I don't believe in God, the one with a capital G. I haven't rejected the idea of other gods or deities, though.

Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up.

I was just a little confused. I consider myself agnostic at best. I hope there is something we move onto when we perish, but I know that nothing in this reality will ever confirm nor deny that for me.

So ambivalence is the word of the day.

SixStringHero said:
Ah, I see, thanks for clearing that up.

I was just a little confused. I consider myself agnostic at best. I hope there is something we move onto when we perish, but I know that nothing in this reality will ever confirm nor deny that for me.

So ambivalence is the word of the day.

Yeah, right now I consider myself agnostic...I think there is something to be said for faith and spirituality, but I haven't yet found a religion that's in tune with the things I already believe and stand for. I too hold the hope that there is something more after we leave this life on Earth, but sadly, there is no way to prove it one way or another.

Lazarus said:
There is only one God and one truth. Everything else is either man's arrogant and boastful opinion which misleads himself or the devil's lies trying to lead man to worship him.

Yes, there's nothing arrogant in thinking that whatever you are told is true and that in doing so you deserve an eternal reward while others deserve eternal torture.

Caine said:
Not exactly. The Monotheistic religions of course, claim that thier god is real and all "false idols" need to be shot.

Yea I don't get them at all. Christianity says if you don't follow Jesus, you're going to hell, but what about all the people before Jesus? Would a loving god sentence these people to eternal damnation for the trivial reason that they were alive before Christ, something which they had no control over.

Christians and Islamic people are the only ones who claim YOU HAVE TO BE THIS OR YOUR GONNA DIE!

Yes, that's quite attractive!:lol:

Jews don't even try to find converts.
If you come to them, cool.

Yes, I'll admit, I never heard of Jews attempting to preach, or impose their beliefs on anyone.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:

What the hell's stuck up your arse?

1. My father's a Christian, as is my boyfriend.

2. Yeah, because the Jews are the only ethnic/religious group to live in a community of others like them. :roll:

3. My family sure as hell aren't wealthy, and never have been. My mother comes from working-class roots. To say all Jews are rich is about as true as saying all Christians are rich, and that stereotype often makes things damn hard for us.

4. The Romans, dear. You'd do well to look them up.

Scarecrow Akhbar and I probably disagree more often than we agree but I think you people have completely misread his post. My reading of it is that he is showing the reasoning of those who hate the Jews irrationally. I do not read it in any way as an attack on the Jews or agreement with silly anti-Jewish conclusions.

Of all the world's religious communities I think I have the most respect for Judaism. Most of my friends growing up were Jewish and I can say that several of his points were valid which makes them more dangerous when mixed by bigots with the false ones. In my experience those who are Jewish do tend to value education, family and quietly help out their family, friends and neighbors. This does tend to make for strong and successful communities. The fact someone else brought up about European laws that banned Jews from any number of professions, but ceded banking to them because of a then Christian belief against usury don't hurt either. In almost every nation of Europe laws were passed to cripple their communities and do everything short of killing them all (Which too was tried far to many times,). Yet, somehow they stuck to their beliefs and continued to be successful.

Now when your neighbor works really hard and is quite successful, and you have not worked so hard, and are not successful is it human nature to:

A-Congratulate your neighbor and try to be more like him

or

B-Blame all your problems on him and decided he must have cheated somehow?

Any reading of history or sociology will indicate that B is the answer far more often than A.

That was Scarecrow Akhbar's point I believe. But then what do I know I'm a damned atheist. LOL

vergiss said:

1. My father's a Christian, as is my boyfriend.

2. Yeah, because the Jews are the only ethnic/religious group to live in a community of others like them. :roll:

3. My family sure as hell aren't wealthy, and never have been. My mother comes from working-class roots. To say all Jews are rich is about as true as saying all Christians are rich, and that stereotype often makes things damn hard for us.

4. The Romans, dear. You'd do well to look them up.

Are you capable of understanding generalities, or are you so limited that the entire world orbits specifics,....specifically, you?

You'll get over it, hon.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Are you capable of understanding generalities, or are you so limited that the entire world orbits specifics,....specifically, you?

You'll get over it, hon.

What, so you're happy to generalise an entire people? :roll: I'd love to see you try and generalise all Christians.

vergiss said:
What, so you're happy to generalise an entire people? :roll: I'd love to see you try and generalise all Christians.

If you can't percieve the reality of what I'm saying, as a general statement of motivation for a large group of people, and if you insist on pretending to yourself that my motivations MUST be the same as my general statement, then there's not much to say, is there?

I mean, some people have closed minds. Some people think they're the center of rotation of the whole universe. And those people are precisely the ones that can't understand what happens and why.

Other people strive to see the big picture. Since you know so much, and since you apparently disagree with what I said (actually you clearly don't understand it), how about if you show off your stuff and offer up an alternate explanation to balance my clearly anti-semitic ignorant post?

Besides, I thought I WAS generalizing about the Christians in Europe.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
If you can't percieve the reality of what I'm saying, as a general statement of motivation for a large group of people, and if you insist on pretending to yourself that my motivations MUST be the same as my general statement, then there's not much to say, is there?

I mean, some people have closed minds. Some people think they're the center of rotation of the whole universe. And those people are precisely the ones that can't understand what happens and why.

Other people strive to see the big picture. Since you know so much, and since you apparently disagree with what I said (actually you clearly don't understand it), how about if you show off your stuff and offer up an alternate explanation to balance my clearly anti-semitic ignorant post?

Besides, I thought I WAS generalizing about the Christians in Europe.

Fine, I get the context now. Apologies for for the misunderstanding, although you could have calmly pointed it out to me, rather than being condescending and needlessly escalating the argument.

vergiss said:
Fine, I get the context now. Apologies for for the misunderstanding, although you could have calmly pointed it out to me, rather than being condescending and needlessly escalating the argument.

Look, toots. When you have a question, I'll answer it. When you got your claws out and are looking for something to scratch, you'll get another kind of response.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
Look, toots. When you have a question, I'll answer it. When you got your claws out and are looking for something to scratch, you'll get another kind of response.

God forbid you do the logical thing rather than go picking a fight. :roll:

vergiss said:
God forbid you do the logical thing rather than go picking a fight. :roll:

Since your first words in this thread, and they were directed at him, were:

vergiss said:

You have little credibility complaining about the demeanor of anyone else.

And you are...?

Nice! I really dont see how this matters in debate politics though, even though I usually hang out in the basement & Flame forum. What I believe happens when people die??? I believe in reincarnation. You will reincarnate until you reach the end of your journey to be one with G-D. Also, it shouldnt really matter what I or anyone else thinks, its what you believe, its not up for debate.

Vandeervecken said:
Pointing out hypocrisy.

Okat, wtf? Do you do anything on this forum except annoy people?

Back
Top Bottom