• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do you all think of this new livery for Condor Airlines?

What do you all think of this new livery for Condor Airlines?

• Total voters

beefheart

Ice Cream for Crow?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Condor Airlines is a German based airline that mostly serves leisure markets, including several in the US, Europe and Africa. They just came out with a bold new livery, as seen on their first A330 Neo which is nearly finished being built (that is why the engines aren't on it). This has been a hot topic in the aviation community, you either love it, or hate it. The goal is to be seen, and remembered, and evoke that "beach towel" look.

Condor.jpg
Condor 2.jpg
Capture.JPG

I would say the color of the plane would be the LEAST likely reason I would ever choose to fly a particular airline

I would say the color of the plane would be the LEAST likely reason I would ever choose to fly a particular airline
Yeah, but its a marketing and branding thing. Lots of airlines just go for bland, this was pretty daring.

Yeah, but its a marketing and branding thing. Lots of airlines just go for bland, this was pretty daring.
Daring? Yes, will give them that.
Just do not see it bringing in more customers on it alone.

Daring? Yes, will give them that.
Just do not see it bringing in more customers on it alone.
Yeah, but airlines spend a lot of time developing a brand, and each plane is a flying billboard for that brand. Its about awareness.

If I were to start an airline, I would call it First Class Air and make every seat first class.

I like it. And the gum is exactly what I thought of when I saw this.
Where does one find condor flavored gum?

Does it taste like chicken?

It reminds me of candy. I don't want to fly in a piece of candy.

Where does one find condor flavored gum?

Does it taste like chicken?

I would think chicken, since a condor is a bird. But it was just the stipes..

braniff used paint schemes to differentiate their aircraft from the other carriers

the best i can say about condor's design is that it will assure no military installation confuses that plane with a military model

200952d7e14bcaa79f98c0a968113f04.png

Yeah, but airlines spend a lot of time developing a brand, and each plane is a flying billboard for that brand. Its about awareness.
I get your point.
And pretty packaging may get you to try a new product, say cookies for example.
But if those cookies taste like crap are you ever going to buy them again or recommend them to anyone else?
Probably not.

braniff used paint schemes to differentiate their aircraft from the other carriers

the best i can say about condor's design is that it will assure no military installation confuses that plane with a military model

View attachment 67384046

And I always liked Frontier's tails

If I were to start an airline, I would call it First Class Air and make every seat first class.
It has been tried, dozens of times. Air One, McClain, MGM Grand Air, EOS, Silver, MaxJet, Air Atlanta, Regent Air, Legend Air etc.

There are a lot more, I can't remember them all. There is a reason for that.......you can't succeed.

Condor Airlines is a German based airline that mostly serves leisure markets, including several in the US, Europe and Africa. They just came out with a bold new livery, as seen on their first A330 Neo which is nearly finished being built (that is why the engines aren't on it). This has been a hot topic in the aviation community, you either love it, or hate it. The goal is to be seen, and remembered, and evoke that "beach towel" look.

View attachment 67384039
View attachment 67384040
View attachment 67384041
Speaking as a Celtic fan, I approve of the green one.

images (6).jpeg

View attachment 67384046
The original Branniff was great, big orange 747 SP! The second one lasted a few years, the third one lasted a few months, doing the same "flying colors" schemes.

We had some great liveries at America West. American still has 2 planes in each standard livery (and TWA, Reno, USAir, Air Cal, Piedmont.

AWA.jpg

That has not proven to be a successful business model in the past. You're trying to hit a pretty narrow window of passengers whose income makes them want to be on such a flight but is not high enough to just charter a private jet, and you also need enough of them to fill enough seats to turn a profit. These days, airlines struggle to turn a profit on flight operations as it is, they've weirdly become almost a really obtuse bank as they mostly break even on the actual flying and make profits on their mileage programs.

That has not proven to be a successful business model in the past. You're trying to hit a pretty narrow window of passengers whose income makes them want to be on such a flight but is not high enough to just charter a private jet, and you also need enough of them to fill enough seats to turn a profit. These days, airlines struggle to turn a profit on flight operations as it is, they've weirdly become almost a really obtuse bank as they mostly break even on the actual flying and make profits on their mileage programs.
It has never worked, there are a lot who tried, and they all failed.

View attachment 67384039
View attachment 67384040
View attachment 67384041
I'd rather not fly in an aircraft that appears to be escaping the chain gang

We're talking about them.

First class is rarely full that is why frequent flyers get upgrades…

Sorry but bad business plan…

Back
Top Bottom