• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do SALTINES Mean to YOU?

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I cant think of nor eat saltines without thinking of a 10 min video I watched in 74 or maybe 75 on either Sat or Sun cartoons. They showed film of pallets of saltines, the ones in the metal cans that no one has made for decades, being loaded into nuclear bomb shelters. We were reassured that if the bomb happened we would never run out of either water or saltines.

That, and it is not tomato soup it has not got no dang saltines.

It was on CBS btw, I think we were up to 4 channels by then.

:fyi:

Last edited:
I love saltines. For my mother, an upset stomach always got canned tomato soup with saltines. I love saltines with a salad.

Many, many years ago I was a drunk and was bumming around and I went into a little greasy spoon in north Florida and got a bowl of red chili for a quarter. There was a bowl with saltines. I had a glass of water. I ate all the saltines and slowly ate my chili and I asked for, and received, more saltines. I slowly, slowly ate my chili and ate the saltines. When I raised my finger the cook, waiter, cashregister guy said, "If you ask for more saltines I'll kick your ass." "No, sir, I was just going to tell you this was the best darned chili I've ever eaten." He grinned and gave me some more saltines.

Back
Top Bottom