• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What do Atheist do?

What a stupid ****ing post, of course, the OP too lazy to even type out anything, just copy and paste crap. Athiest do the right thing not to score favor with their fake god , but becuase its the right thing to do. Far better than religious POS who can be some of the most depraved, ****ed up people ever

Anyway, just more pathetic, shitty trolling

I am honestly not sure if there is an objective morality or not. Its a lot like looking for 'objective truth'.
theres not in reality, only for individuals which makes it subjective by default
Looking at the specifics in context, the surrounding matter around these abstractions helps us navigate closer and closer . Whether you ever get there or not, the search for objective morality and objective truth, gets us a lot closer than never looking for any. Its a valuable philosophical exercise for people interested in staying in the vicinity of morality or truth. I'd rather live and be in the society of people who ask these questions, than those who pay them no mind.
If I had to pick id rather just be in a normal society that understand the reality that its subjective but we make our own framework to live our lives in harmony the best we can.

I am honestly not sure if there is an objective morality or not. Its a lot like looking for 'objective truth'. Looking at the specifics in context, the surrounding matter around these abstractions helps us navigate closer and closer . Whether you ever get there or not, the search for objective morality and objective truth, gets us a lot closer than never looking for any morality or truth. Its a valuable exercise for people interested in staying in the vicinity of morality or truth. I'd rather live and be in the society of people who live in the vicinity, than those could care less how far they drift away.
Morality is by definition subjective, It cannot ever be anything else

Eastern Orthodox is a Christian church.

There are no atheists preachers. What a stupid claim. Obviously, atheists do not attend a church because we don't believe in a god.
Have to disagree, you need not believe in a religion to preach it. It can be a lucrative job for some after all

theres not in reality, only for individuals which makes it subjective by default

If I had to pick id rather just be in a normal society that understand the reality that its subjective but we make our own framework to live our lives in harmony the best we can.
Harmony is just as subjective as morality.

I dont know about just as subjective but it is indeed subjective, I think it has a much better and inclusive definition relying on all parts IMO instead of a pathway to totalitarian force

There are some ways of doing things which most people will agree are better, more fruitful ways than others. Sometimes it turns out that way was not so great and it's time to change course. Other times even better ways yet which no one had been clever to think of yet come along- so then we go with that.

Why does it matter what the ultimate truth is? How would we know we have ever reached it?

Notice it says Russian Church and not Christian?
Those people are not aware that they have been lied to.

How do you know you haven't been lied to?

I dont know about just as subjective but it is indeed subjective, I think it has a much better and inclusive definition relying on all parts IMO instead of a pathway to totalitarian force
Its impossible to quantify without seeing it as largely 'conflict-free'. Lack of conflict means the status quo is protected from challenge. Does that sound like its 'inclusive' or does that sound like somebody without power has learned to keep quiet and keep their head low. social 'harmony' makes me nervous that the minority has been duly trained to 'take it' up the ass in silence.

Its impossible to quantify without seeing it as largely 'conflict-free'. Lack of conflict means the status quo is protected from challenge. Does that sound like its 'inclusive' or does that sound like somebody without power has learned to keep quiet and keep their head low.
ok, you are free to think about it however you like. The fact still remains morality is subjective and id rather live in a society that realizes that fact 🤷‍♂️

I think you need to reread my post.
nope no need at all 🤷‍♂️ I pointed out facts and my stance and those facts and my stance still remains
I simply have no interest in your subjective views of that nor do any scenarios change my stance. No offense of anything just doesn't matter nor does It change anything.

Have to disagree, you need not believe in a religion to preach it. It can be a lucrative job for some after all
How does this apply to atheists, unless you think that logic is a religious belief? I became a humanist because of my own reading and interacting with other humanists. Nobody ever tried to convert me.

How does this apply to atheists, unless you think that logic is a religious belief? I became a humanist because of my own reading and interacting with other humanists. Nobody ever tried to convert me.
You are misunderstanding
The atheist pastor would be preaching a religion they do not believe they would not be preaching atheism

I have no doubt there are many who do so just as there are psychics who do not believe in the divinations they sell

Poo Tin and his Atheist soldiers.

What do Atheist do when they can do what the want? Look today at the Atheist Russian soldiers in Ukraine.

“Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil’s pawn. Alone among God’s primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother’s land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.”

Morality for an Atheist is another mans opinion.

I dont think anyone would deny that religion has caused far more death, invasions, wars, and murder than atheists.

The Catholics killed off the original Judaic Christians, then they proclaimed themselves to be the true Christians. In addition to that, when the protesting Judaic Christians were gone, the "Protestant" churches claimed to be the true protestants.

You are misunderstanding
The atheist pastor would be preaching a religion they do not believe they would not be preaching atheism

I have no doubt there are many who do so just as there are psychics who do not believe in the divinations they sell

Atheist pastor

I dont think anyone would deny that religion has caused far more death, invasions, wars, and murder than atheists.
True: I just want to point out that the true Christians were killed off by others claiming to be the true Christians. Not joking.

Morality for anybody with a brain is just another person's opinion
morals are factually subjective

an individual might hold there own morality as objective and conduct themselves that way but in reality, morals are just subjective

with that said, trying to blame this war on religion or lack of relation is monumentally stupid and dishonest and nobody honest, educated and objective would ever take such a claim seriously LMAO
For a TRUE CHRISTIAN "morality" is a command of God.

Did you know there are Orthodox Christians leading the churches too? Which side is God taking when he hears the prayers of Christians asking, pleading for guidance and truth? Are Christians too stupid to ask this God whether they should go to war or support this war, or are they not getting answers?

Normally, in a thread like this, I get pissed because the OP is stereotyping atheists as amoral or evil, or the OP is stereotyping people of faith or those who attend a house of worship, as mindless sheeple, unable to critically think for themselves.

This guy has managed to do both!

CherubRam definitely deserves this treatment!
For a true christian, morality is a command of God. For a Atheist, morality is another mans opinion.

What a stupid ****ing post, of course, the OP too lazy to even type out anything, just copy and paste crap. Athiest do the right thing not to score favor with their fake god , but becuase its the right thing to do. Far better than religious POS who can be some of the most depraved, ****ed up people ever

Anyway, just more pathetic, shitty trolling
For a TRUE CHRISTIAN, morality is a command of God. For an Atheist, morality is another mans opinion.

Back
Top Bottom