• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

That's a Lab. Mine loves everything. I just make sure she earns her keep by cleaning the dishes before I load them on sanitary rinse in the dishwater. Conserve water, get a Lab.
Yeah, one of my dogs is definitely my sous-chef when I cook. He watches and waits usually. If he hears me yell, he immediately starts scanning the floor.
I do admit, his mind control works on me more often than not. I'm good about only very tiny bits though, he's ideal weight (had to defend myself there didn't I)

Egg omelet with onions, chives , parsley, shallots and roasted red peppers (from jar), on whole wheat tortillas. Dessert will be Turkey Hill Natural Vanilla ice cream with Crofters strawberry fruit spread.

Today was Auntie's 90th birthday celebration. A buffet full of good food. Something for everyone. That was dinner. Dessert was an assortment of awesome cupcakes. I chose the lemon with a berry filling. It rocked.

Rainbow Trout and potatoes... Been a loooong time since I had Rainbow Trout... So good...

When we went shopping I wanted Halibut... But it was about $30 for less than a 1/2 pound... I don't mind paying for food.. But come on.. That's ridiculous..steak is cheaper... Lol

No complaints about the Trout though..

Rainbow Trout and potatoes... Been a loooong time since I had Rainbow Trout... So good...

When we went shopping I wanted Halibut... But it was about $30 for less than a 1/2 pound... I don't mind paying for food.. But come on.. That's ridiculous..steak is cheaper... Lol

No complaints about the Trout though..
That is pricey! We have Norwegian Salmon once a week and it's expensive, price went up since Covid. We pay $15.99 for a one pound piece, on sale from $12.99+. We both like it, high in Omega 3s, and we don't spend a lot on petty things. We watched our pennies back in the day so we could reitire early, we did, and now we buy what we want in the food department.

I do like Halibut, but rarely see it in the stores that looks fresh and good. When we go camping, we catch a lot of Brookies and fry them in a pan with butter. Caught our share of Rainbows too over the years, in US and Canada. Glad you enjoyed your trout, good eating!

That is pricey! We have Norwegian Salmon once a week and it's expensive, price went up since Covid. We pay $15.99 for a one pound piece, on sale from $12.99+. We both like it, high in Omega 3s, and we don't spend a lot on petty things. We watched our pennies back in the day so we could reitire early, we did, and now we buy what we want in the food department.

I do like Halibut, but rarely see it in the stores that looks fresh and good. When we go camping, we catch a lot of Brookies and fry them in a pan with butter. Caught our share of Rainbows too over the years, in US and Canada. Glad you enjoyed your trout, good eating!
I'm on the East Coast... And when I see it, the Halibut here is from the Pacific... So when it's available, not always, it's expensive... It's got to come a long way... Lol.. Sometimes I can get a pound for $25 or so... But more often it's crazy expensive....

We all deserve a splurge once in a while. Ours is crab. The price of jumbo lump and backfin lump is outrageous. Thankfully I like to crab and a friend lets me put out a couple of traps off his pier during the season if I invite him over to pick with us. Or I throw a line over and dip them out.

Today was Auntie's 90th birthday celebration. A buffet full of good food. Something for everyone. That was dinner. Dessert was an assortment of awesome cupcakes. I chose the lemon with a berry filling. It rocked.
That makes my mouth water. I love lemon anything.
Happy late birthday Auntie. What a milestone.

Back
Top Bottom