• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Lazy day so we snacked most of it on baked brie, crab-spinach-artichoke dip, cheese/crackers, left-over Chinese, Deli- lox and bagels, brownies.

My wife is a Brie lover. I’m good with it but not addicted to it.

Recently I smoked Brie in a smoker. Something to try. It was surprisingly good. Who knew?

My wife is a Brie lover. I’m good with it but not addicted to it.

Recently I smoked Brie in a smoker. Something to try. It was surprisingly good. Who knew?
I'm not a big Brie fan.. I Love cheese.. But never got a taste for Brie..

Same same me. It's OK but I'd never eat it of my own accord. Smoked Brie tastes better IMHO. Still it doesn't rock me. But, hey, to each his/her own. That is why there are so many different varieties.

Same same me. It's OK but I'd never eat it of my own accord. Smoked Brie tastes better IMHO. Still it doesn't rock me. But, hey, to each his/her own. That is why there are so many different varieties.
I like provalone.. Fresh marinated Mozzarella, cheddar, Monterey Jack, gouda...And others.. But those are my favorites..

Home made Mac and cheese with Monterey Jack, Cheddar and provalone cheese is soooo good.

Tonight, it was the last of the smoked sausage, kraut, and potatoes. I have a really busy day tomorrow. I have a crisper full of veggies that want to be part of a salad. I have taken out some ground beef and a roasting chicken from the freezer. I will figure it out tomorrow.

try this sometime.
https://reedsmythe.com/cart

Aunt Hebe's Christmas Baked Brie​

Aunt Hebe's Christmas Baked Brie

My aunt Hebe shared this recipe with me years ago, and I've served it at every Christmas party I've ever hosted and most Christmas Eve celebrations too. It's easy to make, delicious to eat, and gives the illusion that one's skills in the kitchen are far more impressive than they need to be to pull this off.
Ingredients
  • 1 wheel of brie (8-10 oz)
  • 1 sheet Pepperidge farm frozen puff pastry
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans (toasted)
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 TBSP brandy

Instructions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Unroll pastry sheet and allow to defrost,15 minutes. While pastry is thawing, chop pecans coarsely and toast in butter in a small skillet over medium heat, tossing frequently until golden. Remove and mix with brown sugar and brandy. Set mixture aside.

Cut the brie in half crosswise to make two circles (like a layer cake). Spread pecan and sugar mixture on the bottom half of the brie. Place top half of the brie on top of the bottom half, covering the pecan mixture. Lay puff pastry sheet flat over the reassembled brie wheel. Tuck excess pastry under the brie, or alternatively, wrap the pastry sheet around the brie and bundle the remaining pastry into a twist on top (both look pretty). Optional: brush with an egg wash for shine.

Place brie on parchment paper on a baking sheet, and place in hot oven. Bake until pastry is golden brown.

Had to rush after work to pick up kiddo on time, and he wanted McDonalds. After heavy traffic and a wait for the food during the dinner rush, I finally got my Big Mac. It was worth it.
Good for you. Last time I had a Big Mac, at least 20 years ago, it made me ill (not food poisoning). Haven't had once since. In-N-Out or the Habit for me.

Honey glazed garlic Chicken and Asian veggie stir fry with brown rice. tonight

Last edited:
Tonight, we had Stouffer's frozen entrees. I fixed a really nice brunch today around 11:30. Hubby knew I was not going to cook tonight as I decided to begin cleaning out the kitchen cabinets. I had just one request of him and that was to get takeout around dinnertime. Anything that sounded good to him would be just fine. Dinnertime came and went and no takeout, so I popped the frozen dinner into the microwave. Eventually he made his way into the kitchen and saw me eating the frozen dinner and declared "I thought I was supposed to get takeout". And my reply was "an hour and a half ago.":mad: So he heated the other up for himself and learned as I did, they truly suck.

Back
Top Bottom