• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Crab cake sandwiches from husband's birthday crab picking, slaw, floating salad, fries, peach cobbler.
Late Happy Birthday for your hubby!

images

Roast beef and provolone with mayo, tomato, lettuce, oil/vinegar, etc. on French loaf. Delivery from Jimmy John's.

Turkey swiss on rye, a microwaved ear of sweet corn, and more salad from a bag.

I went grocery shopping and wanted something easy after I got stuff put away. I don't have much tolerance to deal with crowds on Saturday, especially when people get pushy or loud.

I’m taking an antibiotic for swimmers ear/ear infection so it has my stomach not feeling great. I made some soup for me.

Made grilled ham and cheese on white bread and Mac n cheese for my son, served with some cherry tomatoes (he LOVES them…eats them like candy!)

I’m taking an antibiotic for swimmers ear/ear infection so it has my stomach not feeling great. I made some soup for me.

Made grilled ham and cheese on white bread and Mac n cheese for my son, served with some cherry tomatoes (he LOVES them…eats them like candy!)
Yoghurt is the key. Husband had a procedure and was on antibiotics and my home made yoghurt. He felt great.

We had refried black bean burritos and tomatoes.

Today was my birthday. My daughter came up and we went out to eat. I ordered the meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, coleslaw, corn muffins and fried apples. It was all tasty. Came home and had birthday cake and ice cream.

Today was my birthday. My daughter came up and we went out to eat. I ordered the meatloaf, mashed potatoes, gravy, coleslaw, corn muffins and fried apples. It was all tasty. Came home and had birthday cake and ice cream.
Happy Birthday.

Yoghurt is the key. Husband had a procedure and was on antibiotics and my home made yoghurt. He felt great.

We had refried black bean burritos and tomatoes.
I’ll grab yogurt on my grocery run today! Thanks for the heads up! It’s been quite some time since I’ve taken an antibiotic and I am not at all pleased with how it’s messing up my stomach!

Norwegian salmon fillet with Old Bay, oven broiled. Sliced and seasoned gold potatoes fried in olive oil until brown outside and tender soft inside. Vanilla ice cream for dessert.

A really Big Salad ( even bigger than Elaine's ) --- Pecans, walnuts, almonds, lettuce, diced apples, diced peaches, cherry tomatoes, diced ham, sliced carrots, green olives, sprinkling of 4 blend shredded cheese --- wheat thins ---

There were burgers on the Weber grill, baked potatoes and I finished the last of the bagged salad.

I wish that the makers of the bagged salad greens would instead of making it one big bag make two small joined bags ( fill half the bag, heat seal it and fill the other half and put the final seal on the very same size bag), so that you could open and eat just half of the bag without the entire bag getting slimy in 2-3 days. I am trying to eat more greens but by myself I dont eat enough to buy all of the separate ingredients, so the bags of salad mixes are very convenient, but I also can't eat the entire bag in 2-3 days, so invariably part of the bag ends up in the trash wasted.

There were burgers on the Weber grill, baked potatoes and I finished the last of the bagged salad.

I wish that the makers of the bagged salad greens would instead of making it one big bag make two small joined bags ( fill half the bag, heat seal it and fill the other half and put the final seal on the very same size bag), so that you could open and eat just half of the bag without the entire bag getting slimy in 2-3 days. I am trying to eat more greens but by myself I dont eat enough to buy all of the separate ingredients, so the bags of salad mixes are very convenient, but I also can't eat the entire bag in 2-3 days, so invariably part of the bag ends up in the trash wasted.
I don't buy bagged salad but clean it myself, enough for a week. We keep it in a plastic bin, flour sack towel at the bottom. That seems to absorb the moisture build up. Change the towel as necessary. I suppose paper towels would work as well.

I don't buy bagged salad but clean it myself, enough for a week. We keep it in a plastic bin, flour sack towel at the bottom. That seems to absorb the moisture build up. Change the towel as necessary. I suppose paper towels would work as well.
I have a salad spinner. I wonder if that would help if I got it out of the bag, washed it and then stored it open instead. Thanks for the idea.

my wife swears by the 'organic girl' brand greens
apparently they process their greens in a way that causes them to remain edible for a substantially longer period than the other vendors
if you have access to that brand, i would encourage you to try a package

caveat: my wife is the one who eats greens in our home. my personal consumption is mostly limited to the rare instances when i cook chicken & rice soup and wilt the greens, thus, the above opinion/experience is hers

I have a meeting to attend at 5:30, so I’m throwing a “sheet pan” meal in the oven around 3:30 for my son and the babysitter.

Chicken breasts and veggies (carrots, broccoli, sweet potatoes) with simple olive oil and Italian seasonings.

So they can have that and ice cream while I’m gone.

Tonight we had breakfast for dinner. Steak and eggs. Perfect medium. It hit the spot.

I heated the last of the curry with some mixed veggies, and boiled more basmati rice. A slice of naan went into the toaster to warm up.

Back
Top Bottom