• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

We lived close to a Russell Stover outlet. I loved these
dscf8567.jpg

Now I want one, but thankfully, we aren't anywhere near.
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Im going to make a key lime cheesecake.

I needed a good burger, so I lit the grill and did a burger and a all beef hotdog. I had a small head of broccoli that I needed to use, so I steamed that and dressed it with salad vinegarette. I made a handful of tater-tots as a very easy side. (please dont judge me, I love those.)

Grilled kabobs --- cubed ribeyes, cubed boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed pork tenderloin --- grilled veggie medley - bell peppers, onions, tomatoes --- Grilled corn on the cob --- sumpin like Rice-a - Roni --- Needless to say, I'm an over stuffed little piggy, who will have to wait for an air pocket before even thinking about partaking of the blackberry cobbler and strawberry ice cream.

Norwegian salmon fillet with Old Bay, oven broiled with sliced gold potatoes fried in olive oil. Black cherry and chocolate chip ice cream for dessert.

I needed a good burger, so I lit the grill and did a burger and a all beef hotdog. I had a small head of broccoli that I needed to use, so I steamed that and dressed it with salad vinegarette. I made a handful of tater-tots as a very easy side. (please dont judge me, I love those.)
nothing but love for a woman who chooses to cook a burger, hot dog, and tater tots ... you are forgiven for adding that yucky healthy item; such a waste of vinegarette

nothing but love for a woman who chooses to cook a burger, hot dog, and tater tots ... you are forgiven for adding that yucky healthy item; such a waste of vinegarette
I love broccoli or almost any of the cabbage family. It seems to be a German thing. Eating a pound of roasted Brussels sprouts is a guilty pleasure. My mom boiled them as a kid and I wouldn't touch them with a 40' pole but when I discovered roasting them, I can't get enough.

I hate the mess of lighting the grill but sometimes a burger is worth it. I bought a pair of long rubber gloves to keep my hands clean, so that helps. IU had thought about lighting the grill tomorrow instead but its going to be about 90°, so I did it today when it was just barely 80°F.

Tater tots need to be baked long enough that they get crunchy. Dipping them in either ketchup or malt vinegar makes them perfect.

We love them tater tots. We make some fake poutine with them now and then.

We had a pepper omelet with a salad. Thus far the peppers from the garden weren't very spicy, so I sauteed a japaleno, a serrano and a santa fe. Big surprise, things change when you least expect it. We had tears in our eyes after the first bite. We love spicy, but dang.

We had a pepper omelet with a salad. Thus far the peppers from the garden weren't very spicy, so I sauteed a japaleno, a serrano and a santa fe. Big surprise, things change when you least expect it. We had tears in our eyes after the first bite. We love spicy, but dang.
I discovered the same thing last week. I have 3 plants of pepperonici and they are usually very mild. I put 6 of the on a pizza last week and they had some heat in them. Nothing like a jalapeno but hotter than the typical New Mex or Hungarian yellow. I heard that hot dry weather will cause that to happen.

Ate at a cafe. Had Piri piri chicken salad wrap.
Piri-Piri chicken sounds amazing.

Too many peppers? I love Santa Fe peppers. They are mild. I can take a limited amount of jalapeno. The serrano peppers are three times hotter than jalapenos. Habaneros are far spicy than serrano peppers. They are just one notch lower than ghost peppers. I learned that the hard way. ;)

Tonight, we were happy with grilled cheese sandwiches and some delicious Freestone peaches peeled and sliced. Best peaches we have had all year.

Back
Top Bottom