• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Leftover day so there is room in the fridge for Thanksgiving stuff.

I had the rest of the curry. He had harira and half of the pizza from last night.

So far tonight I've made a double batch of pie dough. I'm making the cranberry sauce now and then I'll sweat the veggies for the stuffing.

I'm going to be oven cooking some salmon in the next day or two, got any suggestions?
We usually make a one pound fillet, sprinkle with Old Bay seasoning, put oven rack on high level, put oven on broil (500 degrees) and let it heat up. Then, usually a piece that size and thickness goes around 15 minutes in the oven, never turn it over, then take it out and let it set on the oven pan for another 15 minutes on top of the stove. It slowly continues to cook, never comes out dry or undercooked. We always buy the wide part of the fillet, by the head area, never the tail. That wide piece usually is more fatty and tasty, for us anyway.

Edit to add: We put aluminum foil on the oven pan and spray with olive oil spray, so skin does not stick when done.

He did burgers on the grill because I am up to my ears with preparations for Thanksgiving. So it was either something on the grill or delivery and that's not very good.

Picking up pizza for dinner tonight. Lots of cooking and baking today for Thanksgiving tomorrow - so my back is tired and pizza, with no more mess to clean up, will be perfect!

Poured a glass of pinot noir and made a quick cacio e pepe. I prepared my sides today and 2 pecan pies (baked in cast iron pans) and 2 key lime pies, got china, glass ware, silver on dining table and center piece made. Just finished making French toast casserole for tomorrow's breakfast. Feeding 14 tomorrow and I'm overjoyed to have the 7 of us and my 2 brothers, their wives and my husband's brother, his wife and daughter. This is the first day we will have all been together in 2 1/2 years.

Oven baked salmon, onions, mushrooms asparagus and broccoli.
I'm reading this too late, but the next time you have to use the oven, you might think about poaching. It doesn't take any longer and it keeps it really moist.

Lol…if you still have another half it will be jumping out the window soon .😂🤣
Je1fcnJ.jpg

We had corned beef we made last night in the crock pot, on Oroweat Jewish Rye bread with mayo and onion. Will be having at least another meal of it. ASHES, your dinner sounds delicious! We may buy a turkey on sale before the new year, but we never have turkey for Thanksgiving. We freeze it and make it whenever we're in the mood.

Ham from earlier on toasted wheat bread with mustard
Slice of pumpkin pie with cool whip.

Seriously jealous of all these turkey dinners so road on your coat tails...sorta. Roast chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, brocolli and cauliflower with cheese sauce, homemade dinner rolls. No dessert......I know epic miss!

Seriously jealous of all these turkey dinners so road on your coat tails...sorta. Roast chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, brocolli and cauliflower with cheese sauce, homemade dinner rolls. No dessert......I know epic miss!
I'm sure your dinner was very enjoyable, good for me, comfort food is very satisfying. Kudos for the homemade dinner rolls, dessert not necessary after a satisfying meal. ;)

Back
Top Bottom