• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

A fruit and veggie smoothie, made with almond milk, fresh organic spinach, fresh organic ginger, frozen organic blueberries, and a scoop of whey protein powder.

My entree: Half a Trader-Joe's steak pie with A1 sauce. Yummy!

Fall is definitely upon us so a hearty beef stew seemed right. DH was a happy camper but I would have rathered Chicken and Sliders. None the less we were both happy with the apple cobbler and ice cream for dessert. Promise tomorrow is diet day.....promise ;)

A fruit and veggie smoothie, made with almond milk, fresh organic spinach, fresh organic ginger, frozen organic blueberries, and a scoop of whey protein powder.
I want desperately to be that good....I really do. I'm putting it down to a bad gene because it can't possibly be my personal inability to eat that healthy.

I want desperately to be that good....I really do. I'm putting it down to a bad gene because it can't possibly be my personal inability to eat that healthy.
I don't do it every day. Last Sunday during the Hawks game, I ate a piece of pizza and two deep-fried chicken wings. Yesterday with my steak sandwich I had some tater tots. They were good! And every other day I treat myself to a treat, like an ice cream sandwich. I'm good most of the time - but definitely not all the time :)

Dude, I don't do it every day. Last Sunday during the Hawks game, I ate a piece of pizza and two deep-fried chicken wings. Yesterday with my steak sandwich I had some tater tots. They were good! And every other day I treat myself to a treat, like an ice cream sandwich. I'm good most of the time - but definitely not all the time :)
I'm actually a Dudess.......but two deep fried wings and one piece of pizza on game night is serious healthy eating.

I'm actually a Dudess.......but two deep fried wings and one piece of pizza on game night is serious healthy eating.
I know! I changed the post even before I saw this one, although, I call my daughter and my dog, "Dude" as well. They call me "Dude", too!

(the pizza wasn't that good or I'd have had another piece)

Motor City deep dish pizza with pepperoni, bacon and sausage. Left over from package I bought from Costco, will not be buying it again. If it was plain cheese or pepperoni only, it might be better, but it's too rich and greasy. Not taking up room in my freezer anymore. :)

Motor City deep dish pizza with pepperoni, bacon and sausage. Left over from package I bought from Costco, will not be buying it again. If it was plain cheese or pepperoni only, it might be better, but it's too rich and greasy. Not taking up room in my freezer anymore. :)
Too greasy, ONC? Is that why they named it "Motor City"?...lol.....On a more serious note, my wife and I like 'Papa Murphy's Favorite.' ( thin crust ) Lots of veggies, pepperoni, beef, substitute Canadian bacon for the sausage. 20 minutes @ 425 in the oven, and out comes "Papa Murphy Love!' ( little to no grease, and never, ever any waste )

Too greasy, ONC? Is that why they named it "Motor City"?...lol.....On a more serious note, my wife and I like 'Papa Murphy's Favorite.' ( thin crust ) Lots of veggies, pepperoni, beef, substitute Canadian bacon for the sausage. 20 minutes @ 425 in the oven, and out comes "Papa Murphy Love!' ( little to no grease, and never, ever any waste )
Detroit pizza has a lot of fat because it is baked in an oiled pan but it should not have that much that it gets on everything.

My entree: Half a Trader-Joe's steak pie with A1 sauce. Yummy!
The second bit sounds nice lol !

Fried beer battered fish for the first time, it was awesome. Good as any restaurant around here. I did spicy potato wedges instead of chips.
20211023_185343_copy_1857x1393.jpg

Fried beer battered fish for the first time, it was awesome. Good as any restaurant around here. I did spicy potato wedges instead of chips.
View attachment 67358528
That looks awesome, bet it was delicious! We've been hunting for a decent fish and chips place around here, and they're hard to come by. Last time we had something really good was a little place on the Oregon Coast, many years ago.

Sandwiches on croissant rolls with prosciutto, Havarti cheese, onion, mayo, Dijon mustard. Village Pie Maker cherry pie with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

View attachment 67358528
That looks so very good. YUM.

Dinner was a french dip and curly fries from Arby's.

I made a double batch of cinnamon roll dough a few minutes ago. I'll make a small pan of cinnamon rolls later. The dough is better after 24-36 hours, so they will be the best on Monday or Tuesday.

Back
Top Bottom