• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Butter is super healthy.

Not if one has heart disease.

Moving on now.....
Tonight:
I've asked Costco for help. They're my new Betty Crocker. ;)

We are having a rotisserie chicken.
I took some sour dough dressing I made awhile back and adding it as a side.

I get to use my new salad spinner. I am big on buying fresh lettuce, and other assorted greens. Cant stand the bagged lettuce but I understand why those who are fixed for time love the convenience.

We're having a Greek salad tonight with grape tomatoes, cucumber, feta, and some of my olives I put up last summer with a lovely organic Greek olive oil and red wine vinaigrette.

I'm not a beef eater but DH is so every once and a while I throw him some red meat. So tonight was grilled sirlon strip steak, baked potato and grilled asparagus......wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing for me...DH had that as a starter as well.

Moving on now.....
Tonight:

I get to use my new salad spinner. I am big on buying fresh lettuce, and other assorted greens. Cant stand the bagged lettuce but I understand why those who are fixed for time love the convenience.

We're having a Greek salad tonight with grape tomatoes, cucumber, feta, and some of my olives I put up last summer with a lovely organic Greek olive oil and red wine vinaigrette.
a spinner is especially useful with dirty greens such as collards
no amount of hand washing will cleanse all of the dirt residue
but a spinner makes short work of it

Moving on now.....
Tonight:

Very nice!!

I'm not a beef eater but DH is so every once and a while I throw him some red meat. So tonight was grilled sirlon strip steak, baked potato and grilled asparagus......wedge salad with bleu cheese dressing for me...DH had that as a starter as well.
Sounds awesome.

Had a salad type thing…sometimes we call them a ploughman’s , last night…same again tonight…the weather is hot here at the moment and we have no air conditioning lol.🥵

View attachment 67343903
It was hot here today too and we have air conditioning. It is really humid and makes it worse. Hubby saw your picture and said it looked really good.

Thank you. I will tell you it was easy to use and did the job.
Again, I bought it at Costco for about twenty dollars.

Today was kind of busy so we got a pizza at a local joint we have loved for years. They have won all kinds of awards but the last two pies we have had were not good. So it is time to find another pizza joint.

We had tomato and cheese sammiches, cucumber salad on the side.
My cucumber salad usually has cucumbers, onions, and sometimes bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and olives in an olive oil vinaigrette.. A salad with no lettuce. The leftovers I use the next day on a toasted sesame seed bagel and a shhhhhmear of cream cheese. Smacking lips after every bite follows.

It was hot here today too and we have air conditioning. It is really humid and makes it worse. Hubby saw your picture and said it looked really good.
We have the biggest fan in the world 2 feet from our bed...it's handy because it blows the dogs off.😂🤣🇬🇧

Beef and cheddar
A small serving of fries.

Curly fries are ok occasionally, but they aren't really my favorite. Kiddo likes them, though.

Beef and cheddar

Curly fries are ok occasionally, but they aren't really my favorite. Kiddo likes them, though.
I like tater tots.

Have never had collards, but the spinner is essential for spinach

Beef and cheddar

What fruits and veggies does your little buddy like? When they were babies feeding them baby food starting with fruits then yellow veggies for me it wasn't a problem but when I was to introduce green veggies they would spit them out. I had to hide them in apple sauce and other fruits to get them to eat them That continued for year. I found myself pureeing veggies to add to meatloaf, and other dishes to get them to eat them.

What fruits and veggies does your little buddy like? When they were babies feeding them baby food starting with fruits then yellow veggies for me it wasn't a problem but when I was to introduce green veggies they would spit them out. I had to hide them in apple sauce and other fruits to get them to eat them That continued for year. I found myself pureeing veggies to add to meatloaf, and other dishes to get them to eat them.
We give him organic fruit pouches, apple sauce, apples, and oranges. He'll occasionally eat other veggies and fruit when we're eating them. He is mostly interested in proteins, milk, and juice right now, though. Dude is super strong, knock on wood, so i hope that we're doing something right.

We give him organic fruit pouches, apple sauce, apples, and oranges. He'll occasionally eat other veggies and fruit when we're eating them. He is mostly interested in proteins, milk, and juice right now, though. Dude is super strong, knock on wood, so i hope that we're doing something right.
I wish I had those fruit pouches when my kids were that age. I had a real hard time with my kids getting them to eat green veggies. I do not know why. It was just the way it was. But today my youngest grandchildren love broccoli that they call little trees and other veggies that my kids would not eat. Not sure I did anything wrong but am happy they are eating those things.

Last night the other half made venison chilli…bloody lovely it was too! Just now I had a snack of welks that my mate gets from his fishermen buddies…splashed with malt vinegar …tasty.

8B0F7357-6D39-43DF-B981-6BDE4B6B2DA7.jpeg
FFFD6897-9795-49EC-BC8F-BC7EBFBF5D60.jpeg

Tuna salad sandwiches on poppy seed Kaiser rolls with Claussen dill spears on the side. Fresh blueberries for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom