• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Just out of interest have any of you Americans or Canadians ever had these....are they available over there?

121401-HERO-9fd1befd-3178-46b4-9b87-1da9c3e35697-0-472x310.jpg
Is that crumpets? They're available, though not as popular as English muffins. I like them with just butter.

Just out of interest have any of you Americans or Canadians ever had these....are they available over there?

121401-HERO-9fd1befd-3178-46b4-9b87-1da9c3e35697-0-472x310.jpg
They are called English muffins in the US. I had one with coffee for breakfast.

It looked like crumpets to me, but they're both good.
crumpet-vs-english-muffin.jpg

Apparently they are not the same thing, but they do look similar. Crumpets are unbelievably good...you have to put butter on them ( loads) straight out of the toaster...then whatever other topping you like ...jam, peanut butter etc.The hot butter must run down your chin or you’re doing them wrong...🤣

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-crumpets-113577

Apparently they are not the same thing, but they do look similar. Crumpets are unbelievably good...you have to put butter on them ( loads) straight out of the toaster...then whatever other topping you like ...jam, peanut butter etc.The hot butter must run down your chin or you’re doing them wrong...🤣

https://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-difference-crumpets-113577
I thought only Americans ate peanut butter and everyone else thought it was unbelievably weird and nasty. I like them with butter or apple butter.

Occasionally a make a homemade egg McMuffin with them.

I thought only Americans ate peanut butter and everyone else thought it was unbelievably weird and nasty. I like them with butter or apple butter.

See if you can get a hold of proper crumpets...they are addictive. Brits eat loads of peanut butter...most people over here eat a lot of American and Mexican food.

See if you can get a hold of proper crumpets...they are addictive. Brits eat loads of peanut butter...most people over here eat a lot of American and Mexican food.
I might have to try these.

I didn't think anyone ate peanut butter. Thai cooks use it as a dipping sauce but I thought that peanut butter on bread was one of those strange American ideas.

I've tried to make Yorkshire puddings and I just make a mess. It's hard to get good tea in the US. I love Earl Grey and Lady Grey and they are not common. Twinings Earl Grey doesn't have enough bergamot for me.

I might have to try these.

I didn't think anyone ate peanut butter. Thai cooks use it as a dipping sauce but I thought that peanut butter on bread was one of those strange American ideas.

I've tried to make Yorkshire puddings and I just make a mess. It's hard to get good tea in the US. I love Earl Grey and Lady Grey and they are not common. Twinings Earl Grey doesn't have enough bergamot for me.
Give them a go...you might be able to buy crumpets online to see if yours compare. Over here they are dirt cheap so not worth the effort to make at home ...but their texture is amazing...don’t know if it could be replicated at home.

My wife makes perfect Yorkshire pudding...her family comes from there...but she uses the James Martin ( chef) recipe...loads of eggs is the secret.

In the U.K. most people don’t drink Earl grey or fancy tea...most just drink the every day Yorkshire/ Tetley/ PG tips type teas.

Just had Ritz crackers with Philadelphia cream cheese, and some artichoke hearts. I don't ever eat lunch, but today I had a big slice of leftover pizza around lunch time, so I wasn't that hungry later.

i fired up the auto McMuffin maker again this morning for breakfast.

d85fcbb6ec59648c1b52b965a1a57253_800x.jpg

works great every time, and cooks a perfect McMuffin while you're in the shower. firmness of the egg depends on how much water you put on the burner. i do 2.5 tablespoons for a fully cooked egg.

Going lighter tonight... A big old Salad; Little gems lettuce, chopped roasted turkey, julienne sliced cheddar, Colby, and swiss, sliced hard boiled eggs, croutons, French fried onions. Accompanied by garlic, lightly buttered ciabattas on the side.
(Ken's Steak House lite Vidalia onion salad dressing on the salad)

i fired up the auto McMuffin maker again this morning for breakfast.

View attachment 67331846

works great every time, and cooks a perfect McMuffin while you're in the shower. firmness of the egg depends on how much water you put on the burner. i do 2.5 tablespoons for a fully cooked egg.
I do it in a cast iron pan with a Bob Evans sausage patty and the egg in a ring mold. The bagel or English muffin gets toasted in the toaster. I tried it once with a Morningstar sausage patty and it wasn't bad. I'd do it again. 99% of McDee's menu is trash but I still jones for the Egg McMuffin, hash brown, and coffee occasionally or the filet-o-fish during Lent.

Beef and cheddar sandwich
1 mozzarella stick.
I was watching this guy remake a Beef and Cheddar sandwich. I'm going to try this.

I do it in a cast iron pan with a Bob Evans sausage patty and the egg in a ring mold. The bagel or English muffin gets toasted in the toaster. I tried it once with a Morningstar sausage patty and it wasn't bad. I'd do it again. 99% of McDee's menu is trash but I still jones for the Egg McMuffin, hash brown, and coffee occasionally or the filet-o-fish during Lent.

I was watching this guy remake a Beef and Cheddar sandwich. I'm going to try this.

i definitely need to get a ring mold. i wonder if my wife has one somewhere. i also like the fish filet during Lent.

i definitely need to get a ring mold. i wonder if my wife has one somewhere. i also like the fish filet during Lent.
Use a large tuna fish can with both ends cut out, or you can buy one on Amazon.

Big news ...crumpets are not muffins...here’s an American trying some...the comments explain how they should be eaten.😇

Back
Top Bottom