• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Lou Malnati's sausage deep dish pizza (delivered from Chicago).

@ChezC3, we did order the plain cheese and a sausage pizza from Lou Malnati's. Was supposed to arrive last Friday, then they sent an email that afternoon saying they had a mechanical breakdown and wouldn't ship it until Monday. Turns out they didn't ship until yesterday, so it did arrive today. We had the sausage, the taste of everything was good, the crust was a bit hard for some reason, don't think I over cooked it, not sure if it's supposed to be that way. We favor NY style, have forever, but wanted to try this one. Was good, glad we checked it out. Thanks for your input. 👍
Glad to offer my assistance. The crust is suppose to be crisp which can be “crunchy” depending. Usually a little more crunch the next day cold. Maybe it being a frozen pie caused this automatically.

Nothing beats the from oven fresh so if ever in Chicago still give it a go.

I’ve not really had too many NY style. Here if we get thin crust it’s “Chicago cut” in squares, some may say tavern style I suppose but when I lived in Virginia and Kentucky both when I asked them to cut it in squares they said “Chicago cut no problem”.

Dags (D’Augustinos) on the North side and Aurelios on the South are two good ones though for Aurelios you got to go to the Homewood location where it all started with the original ovens. They’ve been known to have quality issues at other locations. Dags is on Southport and Addison perfect for a bite after the Cubbies. (Or anytime if you’re like me and telling the MLB to F off right now.) Both have a sweeter sauce to warn ya which I personally love but I know others don’t care for.

I can go on all day about pizza so....

Nothing beats the from oven fresh so if ever in Chicago still give it a go.
Yes, if I'm ever there, I would have some fresh. BTW, forgot to mention, they did add an 8oz. box of Fanny May Pixie chocolates, kind of like an apology for the shipping delay, so that was nice of them.

Oregano chicken breast pan fried in olive oil
green beans & red onions, sautéed w/ balsamic
oregano, garlic, and lemon roasted new potatoes
Garden Salad
Toasted Pane w/ olive oil drizzle and sea salt.

Garden Salad
You can cook for me anytime. That sounds very tasty.

He lit the grill and made burgers while I made an ancient grain pilaf and roasted the Brussels sprouts that were supposed to be served on Easter.

I put steak sauce, mushrooms and Dijon mustard on my burger, just in case someone wanted to complain about it. His was a double with more traditional condiments such as American cheese, mayo, mustard, pickles, ketchup, lettuce, tomato, and onions.

Last edited:
bologna and Swiss sandwich w/ light mayo and lettuce
veggie straws.

Garden Salad

Sounds like you eat as I do. :)

About once a month I MUST have curry! Maybe twice. But no more. Particularly like to eat it using the naan as my utensil.
The youtube video I linked to earlier is the best homemade British takeaway style Madras curry that I’ve made...very simple ( luckily for me)... tastes pretty much like the stuff we get delivered.

PXL_20210410_213913665_copy_1000x733.jpg

Chicken and pork bites, mozza sticks and French fries. Was going to air fry them but forgot to clean the air fryer so the bites and sticks got deep fried.

Lemon Pepper chicken wings, and chicken tenders with Louisiana rub and ranch dip (no contact delivery from WingStop). French fries made at home. Fresh strawberries for dessert.

Last night was shrimp salad sandwiches on French bread.

we were on the road today, so i saved up calories for McDonalds.

Big Mac
3 McNuggets with honey. saved the rest for kiddo (if he wants one) and doggie treats (they definitely want one.)

Boneless RibEyes, charcoal grilled, fresh cauliflower oven grilled, Decoy Zinfandel.

Back
Top Bottom