• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

So last night I had me a 1/2 tin of beans (Heinz), fried mushrooms, a couple over-well eggies, Fakin, and 2 slices of toast w/ orange marmalade.

Steak hash. The strip from last night's porterhouse, fried onions, mushrooms and leftover baked potatoes. Caprese salad with cherry tomatoes. A surprisingly good Smoking Loon Pinot Noir. Dessert was another glass of wine.
My favorite dessert!

The temperature made it up to the mid-40°s, so I lit the grill because a burger sounded really good. I made a quinoa and brown rice pilaf and roasted Brussels sprouts as an easy and healthy veggie side.

The temperature made it up to the mid-40°s, so I lit the grill because a burger sounded really good. I made a quinoa and brown rice pilaf and roasted Brussels sprouts as an easy and healthy veggie side.
I'm seriously hard core when it comes to grilling. It can be 10 degrees here, providing there isn't a blizzard in progress, and we still grill twice a week on average. But then, all I have to do is open the door to the upstairs deck, roll the grill to the door, and stand inside while I'm grilling.

I'm seriously hard core when it comes to grilling. It can be 10 degrees here, providing there isn't a blizzard in progress, and we still grill twice a week on average. But then, all I have to do is open the door to the upstairs deck, roll the grill to the door, and stand inside while I'm grilling.
It has been unusually warm this year with the exception of that snowstorm at Christmas. We'll often light the grill on Saturday because I shop on Saturday so I'll pick up a few pounds of the freshly ground burger. I wish that I could get a course grade of burger but I'm too lazy to buy a chuck roast and grind it myself in a hand-cranked grinder that I inherited from my parents.

We just have a little Weber Jumbo Joe grill, it is a quick job to light while I'm setting table and making the veggie side dish. I even threw some oak and sugar maple twigs on the grill for smoke. I'm out of hickory or mesquite smoking chips and the stores have them put away for the winter. They look at me like I am nutso now when I ask to buy charcoal in December.

Meat and tomato sauce with penne pasta and a green salad. I did buy the meat with the intention of grilling hamburgers, but had last minute change of plans. Like to grill all year round also.

I am having spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread... the bread and meatballs are homemade... as is the sauce... obviously.

i made grilled ham and cheese sandwiches for the family. turned out ok, considering i only had my wife's goose food white bread to work with.
I busted out sandwiches again after a long time... made turkey, cheddar, tomato and lettuce on Ciabatta for me and my kid the other day... yum.

Portillo's Chopped Salad. Extra Gorgonzola (Thanks to the wife not wanting it on hers. YES!)

I made 3qts of scratch red sauce and boiled some chicken and mushroom tortellini. I had a simple green (bagged) salad to make it healthy.

bologna and cheese sandwich
garlic and olive oil pasta.

my wife wanted a fast dinner, and that's what we had that was fast.

In the last several days . . . .

Chicken wrap:
*Beans, grilled mushroom/onion/bellpepper, lettuce, tomato, cheddar, mayo

Pork chops:
her - beans, farro, chop.
me - sandwich w/ mayo, cheddar

Burgers:
8oz 'nice to animals' grass-fed beef, 1/3lb bacon, cheddar

Chicken wrap:
* lettuce, tomato, avocado, onion, cheddar

Tonight it's her turn. She's pan-searing artic char w/ sauteed broccoli.

lean cuisine grilled chicken Caesar
smoked turkey sausage with cheddar.

Pan fried chicken, baked cheesy potatoes and glazed baby carrots......daughter had me try her home brewed ginger ale.

It was her first attempt...its a work in progress, and I'm sure my taste buds will grow back.

Does anyone else ever just do a "Skip It"? Sometimes getting dinner together seems too gargantuan a task.

Reactions: Bum
Does anyone else ever just do a "Skip It"? Sometimes getting dinner together seems too gargantuan a task.

Twice a week we have a "fend for yourself" night; the rest of the time we take turns making dinner, and weekends are big brunch days with the leftovers being consumed at dinner.

Reactions: JMR
Back
Top Bottom