• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Last night I did a peppers and eggs open-faced on a slice of garlic bread along with a side of homemade hash browns...

we tried a Screaming Sicilian pepperoni pizza. i added a bunch of green peppers to my third. also had some Texas toast on the side. pretty good Friday night dinner.

Oven grilled Norwegian salmon with gold potatoes sauteed in olive oil. Rum cake with heavy cream for dessert.

Dinner will be some sort of grilled chicken wrap. Might be a burrito. Might be more sandwich in wrap form. Might be something inbetween. 🤷

Will take stock once it's time.

i skipped a meal so i could have a big mac and some nuggets. it was another traveling day.

Delivery from a good Chinese restaurant, enough for two days. Basil Shrimp, Shrimp Curry, Lemongrass Shrimp, Szechuan Pork and scallion pancakes. Dessert was fresh blueberries.

we tried a Screaming Sicilian pepperoni pizza. i added a bunch of green peppers to my third. also had some Texas toast on the side. pretty good Friday night dinner.
i skipped a meal so i could have a big mac and some nuggets. it was another traveling day.
I ain't been around really lately, but did I miss somethin? I thought you were vegan?

(if you fell off the wagon that's cool, I'm just making sure I wasn't imagining things....)

I ain't been around really lately, but did I miss somethin? I thought you were vegan?

(if you fell off the wagon that's cool, I'm just making sure I wasn't imagining things....)

i was a vegetarian for a little less than three years. my work commitments, driving, and stress level increased significantly this year. i started getting sick to my stomach this past summer, and i was reaching levels of exhaustion that i was increasingly unable to push through. as dialing back was not a viable option, i decided to see if going back to eating meat would help. it did. i'm not thrilled about it, and i might consider going back to a vegetarian diet if things get a little less crazy demanding. i probably pulled more all nighters this past year than i did in college.

made hard shell taco night for the family. it was a bit spicy, but good.

i was a vegetarian for a little less than three years. my work commitments, driving, and stress level increased significantly this year. i started getting sick to my stomach this past summer, and i was reaching levels of exhaustion that i was increasingly unable to push through. as dialing back was not a viable option, i decided to see if going back to eating meat would help. it did. i'm not thrilled about it, and i might consider going back to a vegetarian diet if things get a little less crazy demanding. i probably pulled more all nighters this past year than i did in college.

Sounds similar to my story, I lasted 4 years, with a piece of fish occasionally and went back to meat for the same reason.

I just felt weak. Meat gave me strength. (and an additional 50 lbs).

Right now I'm off the meat but I make it a point to eat fish at least 5-6 times a week. I switch it up, tuna, salmon, sardines, anchovies, herring, kipper, along with other more fresh fish options and shrimp and other shellfish. (though recently, Saturday late night snacks have turned me back into a kid with a plate of fish sticks)

This has helped me drop a quick 16 lbs and gives me a few more healthy(-ish) options...(even with the fish sticks)

If you like seafood, it's an option maybe to consider...

Sounds similar to my story, I lasted 4 years, with a piece of fish occasionally and went back to meat for the same reason.

I just felt weak. Meat gave me strength. (and an additional 50 lbs).

Right now I'm off the meat but I make it a point to eat fish at least 5-6 times a week. I switch it up, tuna, salmon, sardines, anchovies, herring, kipper, along with other more fresh fish options and shrimp and other shellfish. (though recently, Saturday late night snacks have turned me back into a kid with a plate of fish sticks)

This has helped me drop a quick 16 lbs and gives me a few more healthy(-ish) options...(even with the fish sticks)

If you like seafood, it's an option maybe to consider...

yep, i have considered pescatarian. i think that there's a better way to do vegetarianism than i was doing, but i'm not really into beans, and i tend to gravitate to junk. it was fine until my schedule got more complex. i sort of wonder if it was a lack of iron or something.

yep, i have considered pescatarian. i think that there's a better way to do vegetarianism than i was doing, but i'm not really into beans, and i tend to gravitate to junk. it was fine until my schedule got more complex. i sort of wonder if it was a lack of iron or something.

When I wrote my previous post, that thought did cross my mind.

My wife went through the same thing, she went back to it for the same reason. We never were on the same page, I was off the meat, she was on, then I was on she was off. Now, she'll only have meat maybe 2 times a week, so we're as in sync as I suppose we'll ever be.

I was a "pizza vegetarian" too, cheese or veggie pizza and Morning Star always ended up on my plate, because I didn't feel like cooking healthier options most of the time.

Now, I force myself to make vegetable dishes and have a fridge with a variety of salad dressing. I try to avoid rice and pasta, usually stick with Ezekiel Bread but will stray from time to time. Cooking for more than one always helps too. I also will just run into the grocer instead of hitting a drive thru, it don't take that much longer and the options are better.

I don't know if you've noticed this, but what I found was that the options for vegetarians always seem less when you are one. When me and the wife went back to eating meat it seemed like the entire food industry went on a mad push for vegetarian options and put them all out on display. All the while when we weren't we couldn't find a damn thing except -- as I stated before -- cheese pizza and Morning Star products...

My wife went through the same thing, she went back to it for the same reason. We never were on the same page, I was off the meat, she was on, then I was on she was off. Now, she'll only have meat maybe 2 times a week, so we're as in sync as I suppose we'll ever be.

I was a "pizza vegetarian" too, cheese or veggie pizza and Morning Star always ended up on my plate, because I didn't feel like cooking healthier options most of the time.

Now, I force myself to make vegetable dishes and have a fridge with a variety of salad dressing. I try to avoid rice and pasta, usually stick with Ezekiel Bread but will stray from time to time. Cooking for more than one always helps too. I also will just run into the grocer instead of hitting a drive thru, it don't take that much longer and the options are better.

I don't know if you've noticed this, but what I found was that the options for vegetarians always seem less when you are one. When me and the wife went back to eating meat it seemed like the entire food industry went on a mad push for vegetarian options and put them all out on display. All the while when we weren't we couldn't find a damn thing except -- as I stated before -- cheese pizza and Morning Star products...

Here in the Midwest, it's tough. If I didn't bring my own, I felt like I was mostly just sampling grilled cheese at every restaurant. Pitch ins were a challenge, too, as even the green beans had meat in them. I would have stuck with it anyway, but I started to feel sick in the mornings from stress, and I had to experiment with my diet.

i made fettuccine Alfredo with chicken, steamed broccoli and rice, and garlic bread for the family. it turned out pretty well.

Kroger brand simple truth meatless crispy tenders, gochujang mayo dipping sauce, tomato salad on the side.

We were never vegetarians, but we have gone for weeks without meat and have had no trouble finding many dishes to choose from. We had meals of Morning Star Farms "Prime" veggie burgers, eggplant parmigiana, whole wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce, refried bean burritos smothered in mild chili sauce and cheese, chili rellenos, cheese pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato basil soup, homemade nachos with vegetarian refried beans and homemade guacamole, etc. If I have salad I make my own dressing with red wine vinegar, mayo, chives, parsley, Italian seasonings, etc. Making a crock pot of beans like Great White Northern or Black beans without meat is easy and tasty.

Tonight we had Norwegian salmon (from Costco) oven grilled, with gold potatoes sauteed in olive oil.

We were never vegetarians, but we have gone for weeks without meat and have had no trouble finding many dishes to choose from. We had meals of Morning Star Farms "Prime" veggie burgers, eggplant parmigiana, whole wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce, refried bean burritos smothered in mild chili sauce and cheese, chili rellenos, cheese pizza, grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato basil soup, homemade nachos with vegetarian refried beans and homemade guacamole, etc. If I have salad I make my own dressing with red wine vinegar, mayo, chives, parsley, Italian seasonings, etc. Making a crock pot of beans like Great White Northern or Black beans without meat is easy and tasty.

Grillers Prime are awesome burgers.

King crab legs with hot butter and French baguette with Smart Balance. Napoleon for dessert. Got the crab yesterday while shopping at Costco, and bought some pastries and cakes from a good French bakery, curbside pickup.

I think I had the Prime but most of the time it was the Black bean burger or the spicy Chik'n. I like their bacon and when paired with a SmartOne's Egg and Cheese breakfast biscquit their breakfast sausage patty turned out ok.

I can make a million dishes, the problem is just getting the gumption to make them. ;)

Split pea soup with smoked ham. It's been turkey soup lately though. Going to change it up now and make chicken soup this afternoon. I am recuperating from recent gall bladder surgery and need to take it slow.

Back
Top Bottom