• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Attempted pan cooked chicken with fettuccine and steamed broccoli for the family. It wasn't my best, but everyone ate it, and I'll do a bit better next time.

That plate looks a little sad, here's what a good Chilli should look like:

1606332070886.png

Ideally three types of beans, diced bison rather than ground beef ("mince"), cilantro, and even bits of carrot and potato and of course hand chopped fresh habaneros.

I cooked and ate chili at least three times a week for several years, very very healthy food, bison is incredible meat less fatty than chicken or turkey, hormone free, not a red meat to be avoided.

Bison is probably impossible to get in UK but a very close meat that's arguably as good is Ostrich which I'm sure you know you can get, very very healthy, very lean - neither Bison nor Ostrich are a cholesterol concern.

Oven grilled wild sockeye salmon fillets with pat of butter and Old Bay Seasoning, gold potatoes sliced and sauteed in olive oil until brown and tender. Lime sherbet for dessert.

That plate looks a little sad, here's what a good Chilli should look like:

View attachment 67306243

Ideally three types of beans, diced bison rather than ground beef ("mince"), cilantro, and even bits of carrot and potato and of course hand chopped fresh habaneros.

I cooked and ate chili at least three times a week for several years, very very healthy food, bison is incredible meat less fatty than chicken or turkey, hormone free, not a red meat to be avoided.

Bison is probably impossible to get in UK but a very close meat that's arguably as good is Ostrich which I'm sure you know you can get, very very healthy, very lean - neither Bison nor Ostrich are a cholesterol concern.
Best chilli I’ve ever had was when my wife made it with venison fillet.

Bowls are for children ...and soup lol.

i decided to be a good boy tonight and had a lean cuisine pizza.

i decided to be a good boy tonight and had a lean cuisine pizza.
I’m the same mate ...thought I’d go for some super healthy “fortified “ apple juice ( 6.8 %) tonight...and some weed ( greens are good for you )....followed by kfc style chicken ( everyone needs protein.🤪😇

11185154-CDB7-4252-BEB1-BE9EFA729854.jpeg

I’m the same mate ...thought I’d go for some super healthy “fortified “ apple juice ( 6.8 %) tonight...and some weed ( greens are good for you )....followed by kfc style chicken ( everyone needs protein.🤪😇

View attachment 67306384

yeah, that sounds a lot better than my dinner. well done.

What’s a standing rip roast?🤔

seriously?

Bone-in_Prime_Rib_FH-566efbf9d08371ab4d6195fdcb436559.jpg

we had :

turkey
cranberry sauce
ham made using my wife's family recipe. basically, it's cooked in beer, and then it's sliced and glazed with a mixture of mustard and brown sugar and then cooked again.
stuffing
corn
cheesecake
apple bread.

Turkey
Brown Sugar glazed ham
baked sweet potatoes in glaze
Mashed potatoes
Green bean casserole
Squash casserole
pan fried Brussel sprouts with mushrooms in red wine
cornbread stuffing
home made cranberry sauce
scratch made dinner buns
Turkey gravy
Dutch apple pie
Pumpkin pie
Key lime pie

And I purchased enough zip lock storage containers to ensure leftovers went home with the guests so that I would not be eating leftovers for the next two weeks. ;)

we had :

turkey
cranberry sauce
ham made using my wife's family recipe. basically, it's cooked in beer, and then it's sliced and glazed with a mixture of mustard and brown sugar and then cooked again.
stuffing
corn
cheesecake
apple bread.

Now that I have to try.

Lots of roasted veg, brussel sprouts, sweet potato, baby yukon, beets, acorn squash, corn. I used lots of tg/fall spices.

Now that I have to try.

It's really good. My wife's dad used to make it for every holiday. Now she makes it. I can get the more detailed recipe if you're ever interested.

Reactions: Bum
It's really good. My wife's dad used to make it for every holiday. Now she makes it. I can get the more detailed recipe if you're ever interested.

Please send it my way if you do not mind......I like to try new ideas in the kitchen, and my daughter has been spending more time experimenting ( Asian fusion foods) as well.....Her latest is Beer cheese soup with a hint of teriyaki and water chestnuts

Went to a Japanese grill with my son on Thanksgiving: wagyu steak, teriyaki chicken and beef, slaw, mash taters and gravy, mac salad, crab legs, corn, mozzarella cheese, cucumber salad, miso soup.

I made myself some donner kebabs tonight as the other half is working late...got so say they were very tasty!!
Shish kebab meat, shredded lettuce, red onion, whole pickled Chilies, roasted red pepper, live yogurt and hot mint sauce ( I make this with tomato ketchup, tobasco, and mint sauce).

C2DA868B-AE69-4286-909F-EF94352F89CD.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom