• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Tuna salad sandwich on Orowheat Oatnut bread, dill pickle spears on the side.

Our favorite deli delivers before Shabatt. We're been having our non-traditional favorites in these extraordinary times for a few days before Yom Kippur. Tonight was grilled pastrami/knockwurst/swiss on rye with Mrs. Margolis's apple-raisin kugel for dessert.

Lamb sirloins grilled over charcoal, with oven grilled Brussels sprouts. Strawberry ice cream for dessert.

A bowl of cereal. It happens.
More than once I've had a bowl of Corn Flakes with Rice Milk (or 2% milk)....good when you're in the mood and have the cereal and milk.
The problem with cereal is that you either run out of cereal or milk, so you have to replenish one or the other. The next day you wonder why the boxes/bottles are empty.

More than once I've had a bowl of Corn Flakes with Rice Milk (or 2% milk)....good when you're in the mood and have the cereal and milk.

Cereal is my go to when I’m just hungry enough but too lazy to cook or order something. Or I’m just high and it sounds good.

I lit the grill and put a piece of Flat Iron steak that I found at the store yesterday for the same price as 80/20% Angus burger. I baked 2 sweet potatoes, made green beans with bacon, and toasted a 1/4 of a split baguette on the grill to go with the meat for the two of us. I had never thought of using maple to generate smoke on the grill but there were a few pencil-sized maple twigs in the yard from the neighbor's sugar maple tree so I cut them up with my pruners and tossed them on the pile of glowing charcoal. It worked quite well to add some smoke flavor to the meat. I'm usually not very good at getting steak to the proper doneness but the thickest part of the steaks was a perfect medium-rare.

Mrs. Miller's wide noodles with butter and salt.

The problem with cereal is that you either run out of cereal or milk, so you have to replenish one or the other. The next day you wonder why the boxes/bottles are empty.

i have lost my cereal privileges multiple times due to the potential inability to control myself. i recently regained them.

Those noodles are from my area of the state. I used to work down the road from where they are made.
We only discovered them around a year ago, and like them very much. Much better than the other store brands available. 👍

Lox on bagels with Philadelphia cream cheese (1/3 less fat).

6" club with American cheese
baked lays.

Brown egg and onion omelet with parsley and chives on organic whole wheat tortilla.

smoked two pork shoulders and a beef brisket
was planning to eat by 8
just took the last shoulder off the heat ... at 11:30
made slaw
had deep fryer ready for hushpuppies and fries
that's the dinner i did not eat tonite. instead i had two chili dogs and a tub of cherry garcia

6" turkey, bacon, and cheese flatbread with honey mustard

Baked Lays.

Pan fried boneless pork chops with garlic and mushrooms, asparagus, and toasted rye bread.

Lipton chicken noodle soup with extra angel hair pasta, lovingly broken by hand, saltines and a honey crisp apple with Marzetti low-fat caramel dip.

Left over chicken tenders from no contact WingStop delivery a couple of days ago, lemon pepper and Louisiana dry rub with ranch dipping sauce. Tiramisu for dessert.

Left over chicken tenders from no contact WingStop delivery a couple of days ago, lemon pepper and Louisiana dry rub with ranch dipping sauce. Tiramisu for dessert.

Lady Bum complains she cannot find decent Tiramisu within a close drive......and I end up way out in Auburn getting it.

Lady Bum complains she cannot find decent Tiramisu within a close drive......and I end up way out in Auburn getting it.
This is the best brand we've been able to come by. It used to be available in Kroger supermarkets years ago, but not anymore. We did go to the Costco business warehouse last year and picked a few up. The second picture is what I had tonight, bought it today at the regular Costco near me, just a cup dessert.

imageService

Tiramisu_Glasses.max-420x243.png

Whole roast chicken + Salad. The greens, green onions, tomatoes were from my garden. The avocado, mushrooms, onions, bell peppers weren't.

Back
Top Bottom