• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

That makes my mouth water. I love lemon anything.
Happy late birthday Auntie. What a milestone.
It was a lovely birthday party until everyone started getting sick with food poisoning. The caterer is now being investigated by the Health Dept. It has been very nasty the last three days for hubby and me ,........ and a whole lot of others.

It was a lovely birthday party until everyone started getting sick with food poisoning. The caterer is now being investigated by the Health Dept. It has been very nasty the last three days for hubby and me ,........ and a whole lot of others.
I am so sorry and hope y'all will recover quickly. It must be esp difficult for the birthday girl.

I am picking up ramen noodles for me and my plus one from a ramen bar that we like, and haven't had (or been to) in quite a good while. I'm grabbing spicy tonkotsu miso ramen! 🍜

Also, RIP to the Jamaican restaurant near my house that I used to love. It closed this week. I will miss your whole red snapper. 😭

Home cooked "tikka masala"

Tasted nothing like restaurant tikka massala, but was tasty in it's own way, the family wants it on the rotation so not a failure I guess. That's the third try, none have tasted much like restaurant tikka.

tonite was clean-out-the-fridge nite
after trashing a bunch of stuff that had long gone into hiding
wound up with two steaks in need of broiling
let em sit out and absorb seasoning while coming to room temp
found a container of meat sauce and another of cooked linguine
now eating the remnants of a cheese cake
the cabernet was by decoy and the cheese cake courtesy of trader joes
the steaks and pasta were the result of my dog's dilligent oversight
especially after he claimed the porterhouse bone before the cook
presently, he is snoring at my feet
while he declined to tip, it appears he approved of the effort

Tummy feeling oogie today so I had cream of chicken soup over toast and a coke.
It’s been decades since I’ve heard the word ‘oogie’ for a queasy stomach.

I always thought it was a family word since I can’t recall encountering it anywhere else.

As a kid I suffered from carsickness — I was oogie a lot.

I always thought it was a family word since I can’t recall encountering it anywhere else.

Going around curves too fast, lots of oogie.

Home cooked "tikka masala"

Tasted nothing like restaurant tikka massala, but was tasty in it's own way, the family wants it on the rotation so not a failure I guess. That's the third try, none have tasted much like restaurant tikka.
If the family wants it on the rotation, its a winner winner chicken dinner.

I'm going to Outback Steakhouse with my dad not long from now! Just me and him–he told me that he missed having me around at home, and I just started crying. I love my dad! 😭

So, this will be a another nice get back together thing for the two of us.

I'm planning on ordering myself a juicy steak; medium-rare. 😎

I found out that I was susceptible to carsickness as a kid when I read a comic book for an extended period of time in the back row seat of a van.

I found out that I was susceptible to carsickness as a kid when I read a comic book for an extended period of time in the back row seat of a van.
That's how I found out, but it was Goosebumps or Animorphs or something. And I never heard of oogie. It was carsick or seasick or motion sick or queasy or nauseas.

Tonight was breaded pork chops, mashed potatoes and corn.
58B62DE7-6477-416F-BFB9-B73D7E5240F3.jpeg

Sitting in the backseat of the family car going over Malibu Canyon Road. No comic book needed.

Then they found an even more twisting road — Decker Canyon.

I was the child that could ruin any Sunday drive.

One of those terms I heard as a kid. I always took it as something's not quite right but could go downhill pretty damn quick.

Back
Top Bottom