• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

vesper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In preparations prior to heading to the store, I scour the sale adds and then clip all my digital coupons, and gather all other coupons. Then I make out my list designing our meals around the sale items. It takes a good amount of time. But because groceries these days are so expensive, I find it necessary.

For example, I purchased a large jar of sauerkraut which will be part of three meals. It will be used in Reuben sandwiches. I got a dollar off on the corned beef and a dollar off on the baby Swiss cheese. The rest of the kraut will be used in cooking beef smoked sausage in the kraut in the crockpot. I add a shredded carrot and a shredded apple to cut the sourness. Both the carrots and apples were on sale. This will make two meals. The carrots will be used in a crockpot beef stew using one of the two chuck roasts purchased on sale @ 6.99 per lb..
Just about everything was on sale or I had a coupon.

Tonight, Reubens, chips and cold packed garlic pickles.

Old 'N Chill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
In preparations prior to heading to the store, I scour the sale adds and then clip all my digital coupons, and gather all other coupons. Then I make out my list designing our meals around the sale items. It takes a good amount of time. But because groceries these days are so expensive, I find it necessary.

For example, I purchased a large jar of sauerkraut which will be part of three meals. It will be used in Reuben sandwiches. I got a dollar off on the corned beef and a dollar off on the baby Swiss cheese. The rest of the kraut will be used in cooking beef smoked sausage in the kraut in the crockpot. I add a shredded carrot and a shredded apple to cut the sourness. Both the carrots and apples were on sale. This will make two meals. The carrots will be used in a crockpot beef stew using one of the two chuck roasts purchased on sale @ 6.99 per lb..
Just about everything was on sale or I had a coupon.

Tonight, Reubens, chips and cold packed garlic pickles.
We get the Wednesday weekly ads in the newspaper for two local supermarkets. Don't really plan short term meals, but do go on the computer and clip the digital coupons, don't like to use the phone for such things. In a perfect world you store member cards should grant you all store sales, but that would be too easy, lol.

BirdinHand

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Today I made chicken pot pie/chicken with dumplings.

(I make Jersey “chicken and dumplings”, add veggies - then once that all comes together put it in a casserole dish and add some biscuits on top and pop it in the oven until the biscuits bake and are golden)

SayMyName

Live, Love, Laugh.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A little late, but I do not have much time to sign on, and often vpn does not work in many parts.
StuffedSomethingYunna500x.jpg

Old 'N Chill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Honey Smoked Salmon with Ritz crackers and Philadelphia cream cheese on the side. Dessert will be pineapple sherbet.

vesper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Kinda chilly, so we had homemade beef stew and cornbread --- blueberry cobbler and ice cream for later.
Sounds good! I am having beef stew tomorrow. Instead of cornbread it will be biscuits.

Tonight, it was cheese/fennel ravioli you find in the freezer section with a meat sauce using readymade spaghetti sauce. Dessert was readymade individual sponge cakes topped with macerated strawberries and whipped cream that comes out of the can.

vesper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I really wanted to make beef stew today because it sounded so good, but life happened, so we had the leftover raviolis from yesterday. However, the chuck roast needed to be cooked so I did it in the crock pot.

Risky Thicket

Sewer Rat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I made some macaroni and cheese with smoked gouda, English cheddar, and smoked American cheeses, heavy cream and homemade butter, ground beef and onion and garlic and a pinch of cayenne pepper. There were no leftovers sadly. :cry:

That sounds like serious eats, brother.
My husband took his dad out for a burger. I have a rotten head cold and had Campbell's cream of chicken soup over toast and an iced tea.

Bad weather and a free bad cold should get you extra points on the home front. I hope they spoil you all weekend.

Risky Thicket

Sewer Rat
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Tonight I cooked smash burgers on the griddle outside with American cheese, hamburger seasoning, lettuce, tomato, Dijon mustard, ketchup on brioche buns and chips on the side with Stone Lazy Hazy IPA.

Top Bottom