• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Lazy day again. Refried beans, sour cream, salsa and low carb tortillas. We have our roof redone, lots of things happening.
Breakfast was just as boring, home made yoghurt with radish sprouts.

Lazy day again. Refried beans, sour cream, salsa and low carb tortillas. We have our roof redone, lots of things happening.
Breakfast was just as boring, home made yoghurt with radish sprouts.

Breakfast sounds very interesting to me.

I once again took the ingredients from a Denver omlette (onions, peppers, potatoes, cheese, mushrtooms, and 2 scrambled eggs ) that I used to fill 2x 12 inch flour tortillas. Essentially a breakfast burrito. I was cleaning and doing laundry, plus its +85°F with the humidity of the rain-forest, so I wanted something easy and fast.

yesterday, chicken and pastry, plus pound cake for dessert

today, chili and corn bread

my 'kid' is in town

she normally eats healthy food ... this weekend it was country food

slow cooked, smoked baby back ribs are on tap for tomorrow; creamed fresh corn for a side

oilve oil

many of us have favorite beer
favorite wine
favorite spirits
do you have a favorite olive oil?

lucini is what i am fond of using, but have sampled only a few brands to compare

and if you have one you avoid (pompeii for me) please share the brand name so that i/we can avoid it, too

Last night was burgers on the grill. As the fire was dying I added soaked smoking chips and put 2 boneless pork chops to get a little smoke flavor on them. Tonight I made scalloped potatoes with 3 potatoes that had started to show signs of sprouting an a quart of milk that outdated on Saturday to use it up before it spoiled. I seared the chops that I smoked last night and put those on the top of the scalloped potatoes to finish cooking. Strangely, the smoke flavor wast very strong.

I'm fasting right now so I'll not be posting here for a bit. Might avoid it also as everything sounds really good.

A made a quick lentil salad and sear/roasted a cod fillet with a quick pan sauce over the lentils.
Lentil salad sounds great. How do you make it?

Chilly and rainy so we fixed Engagement chicken, mashed potatoes and chilled, steamed cauliflower and broccoli dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.

Lentil salad sounds great. How do you make it?
Lentil salad and grilled meat is a great for a light summer dinner. It's very french.

I did sear-roasted cod again but today I made wild rice and quinoa pilaf.

yesterday, chicken and pastry, plus pound cake for dessert

today, chili and corn bread

my 'kid' is in town

she normally eats healthy food ... this weekend it was country food

slow cooked, smoked baby back ribs are on tap for tomorrow; creamed fresh corn for a side
My favorite. Did you make it using rolled out pastry strips @justabubba ?

Cheesy smothered mushroom chicken with roasted carrots, mashed potatoes, and mac and cheese on the side.

My favorite. Did you make it using rolled out pastry strips @justabubba ?
absolutely
made the dough with lard
gradually added enough milk to get the right consistency to roll out
then cut the 1/8" thick pastry into strips

key technique is NOT to stir the pastry strips into the boiling broth; add them slowly and allow them to puff up and float back to the top
stirring them causes those strips to fall apart
[learned that technique the hard way]

Back
Top Bottom