• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

This afternoon he lit the grill because I wanted a burger and he had a steak. I made roasted potatoes with onion and lemon pepper. As the coals were dying I put soaked wood chips on with 2 bone-in-chicken thighs to smoke. Tomorrow nite I will use those thighs, plus some andouille to either make gumbo or jambalaya because they share most of the ingredients.

I made jamabalya. It was much hotter than I expected and I am not sure why. I used a jalapeno, but it was seeded and deveined. I used 2 TBL of cajun season and 1 TBL of paprika but it was mild sweet paprika. The chicken thighs strangely didn't impart much smoke to the dish,. The andouille sausage wasn't overly hot. The rice took a long time to cook through.

wh18pksy3jy81.jpg

Chicken Caesar Burger... marinated chicken in Caesar dressing, grilled bun, put chicken in bun with lettuce in Caesar dressing, some shaved parmesan and tomato. Much easier than it sounds and was wonderful.

My Wife was helping with the Grandkids, so I was left to my own devices, to find lunch.
I had grilled some boneless chicken thighs with ginger, garlic, soy , and Oyster sauce.
I sliced up a thigh and served it on toasted multigrain bread, with honey mustard topped with
Havarti cheese melted over the chicken.

Last night was creamy garlic chicken breast, mashed potatoes and veggies. Tonight was cheddar topped meatloaf, and leftover mashed potatoes and veggies.

Chicken flavored rice with carrots
Vegetable egg roll with orange sauce and Ponzu soy sauce.

Oven broiled Norwegian salmon fillet and oven roasted herbed gold potatoes.
while i do not eat fish, my wife loves it ... especially salmon

so, i rarely cook it on the grill
when i do, it is typically topped with diced garlic with equal portions of lemon juice and olive oil

do you have a seasonings reciope that works well for you when preparing salmon? i'm looking to change things up

when i do, it is typically topped with diced garlic with equal portions of lemon juice and olive oil

do you have a seasonings reciope that works well for you when preparing salmon? i'm looking to change things up
We never grill fish, always broil it in the oven, usually Norwegian salmon fillets or Atlantic salmon fillet if not available. Only seasoning we use is sprinkling it with Old Bay, compliments it nicely.

base_070328005230.jpg

@Overitall , what kind of spaghetti? We had some left over from an Alfredo dinner, so we had some sort of lo mein with lots of veg last night.

@Overitall , what kind of spaghetti? We had some left over from an Alfredo dinner, so we had some sort of lo mein with lots of veg last night.
Tbh, I don't know. My wife is the cook. I can burn water. She's a great cook but since she's gluten intolerant and I don't care for too much gluten free food she'll make a dish just for me and it's always delicious. The only thing I have to do, other than eat, is clean up the kitchen afterwards. :)

Dill, especially fresh.

Back
Top Bottom