• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

@Decypher hasn't done a damn thing around here since that show started. I'm going to check it out tonight.

šŸ™‚ Only 3 episodes left and then Iā€™ll be back to cleaning out @RedAkston ā€rumpus room.ā€

Last edited:
No , we always go with the original voices. Apparently they cleaned it up a bit in the dubbed versionā€¦donā€™t want to make the wokeists cry lol.šŸ„². Got to episode 3ā€¦enjoying it so far.šŸ‘šŸ¾
Episode 4 is quite an adventure.

Episode 4 is quite an adventure.
Watched 4 and 5 tonight, very entertaining . Korea is making film and tv better than some of the woke bs coming out of the States nowā€¦after watching the ultra woke ā€œMidnight Massā€ ( filmed in Canada I believe) I can confirm that lol.šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

Lovely Fall weather here sunny and warmish with glorious foliage........so made a big pot of chile and home made southern style biscuits. This weekend is Thanksgiving and all that goes with that but I am totally focused on the next day leftover turkey and stuffing sandwiches on squishy white bread and mayo......better than the main event.

Sounds greatā€¦I love Indian food and British style Indian food is very tastyā€¦but they probably wouldnā€™t recognise it in the Indian sub-continent ā€¦.it developed over time to British tastes.

Our local takeaway is greatā€¦

I suppose it is the same for all foreign and domestic cuisines. Each cook has their own recipe and adjusts it to the taste for whom they cook.
You are lucky. Watching British telly often makes my mouth water with all their talk about take-aways from Indian, Thai and Chinese places. We are very restaurant poor around here, but that's a price we gladly pay for having peace and quiet around us.
As an aside, we found that Yorkshire Gold makes for great iced tea. We just finished our second order. Amazon, the world at your fingertips.

I suppose it is the same for all foreign and domestic cuisines. Each cook has their own recipe and adjusts it to the taste for whom they cook.
You are lucky. Watching British telly often makes my mouth water with all their talk about take-aways from Indian, Thai and Chinese places. We are very restaurant poor around here, but that's a price we gladly pay for having peace and quiet around us.
As an aside, we found that Yorkshire Gold makes for great iced tea. We just finished our second order. Amazon, the world at your fingertips.
Yorkshire Gold is very good teaā€¦we tend to have that or decent stuff from Waitroseā€¦cheap teas just ainā€™t worth it. Tea is massive over here but I think coffee is catching it up. When I was a kid I never saw my mum at home without a cup of tea near byā€¦she must have had 20 to 30 cups a day lol.šŸ¤£

There are many restaurants around Portsmouth ā€¦hundreds within a 10 mile radius of here but many are generic and not that great. The UK has a poor reputation for food ( it was poor in the 70ā€™s) but Iā€™ve been right around Europe and although there is great food in places like Rome ( cheap too) the UK has by far the best choice and the quality of the food you can buy is very high tooā€¦though you can slum it lol.šŸ˜Ž

Port Solent is a 20 Min walk from hereā€¦a bit generic but lovely on a warm summer dayā€¦

We were over the road having a drink with our mates tonight..we had Boston baked beans in giant Yorkshire puddings ā€¦fusion or confusion it was good! šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜‡

Pizza and wings delivery, didn't feel like cooking. Doing enough of that tomorrow.

View attachment 67357149
Tell me fellow Canadians what is on the menu tomorrow! Today I baked the pies, made the cheese sauce and the gravy and prepped the stuffing ingredients. Tomorrow's menu is.... turkey stuffing , mashed potatoes, gravy, ham, baked beans, sweet potato casserole, corn bread casserole, cauliflower, broccoli and cheese sauce.....home made pickles, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls and Alka seltzer

Oh and pecans pie, pumpkin pie and carrot cake. 20 at the table , well not at one table.. and two in high chairs

Last edited:
Tell me fellow Canadians what is on the menu tomorrow! Today I baked the pies, made the cheese sauce and the gravy and prepped the stuffing ingredients. Tomorrow's menu is.... turkey stuffing , mashed potatoes, gravy, ham, baked beans, sweet potato casserole, corn bread casserole, cauliflower, broccoli and cheese sauce.....home made pickles, cranberry sauce, dinner rolls and Alka seltzer

Oh and pecans pie, pumpkin pie and carrot cake. 20 at the table , well not at one table.. and two in high chairs
Turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes, turnips, carrots, salt beef*, beets.

*a Newfoundland tradition designed to help retain our place on top of the stroke/heart attack rankings.

We're doing a turkey and stuffing, ham, rolls, cranberry sauce, cream corn, broccoli and carrots, mashed potatoes, turkey gravy, store bought pumpkin pie and making a blueberry pie tomorrow. Probably forgot a couple of things.

I made a generic red curry with basmati rice and warm naan.

It's only 72Ā°F here today and I was sweating, even though that was a nice breeze with all of the windows open. I have no idea how they manage to cook this same food in the Asian subcontinent with the heat and humidity much higher. I would melt or starve.

It was very good but I am not a hot weather person.

Yorkshire Gold is very good teaā€¦we tend to have that or decent stuff from Waitroseā€¦cheap teas just ainā€™t worth it. Tea is massive over here but I think coffee is catching it up. When I was a kid I never saw my mum at home without a cup of tea near byā€¦she must have had 20 to 30 cups a day lol.šŸ¤£

There are many restaurants around Portsmouth ā€¦hundreds within a 10 mile radius of here but many are generic and not that great. The UK has a poor reputation for food ( it was poor in the 70ā€™s) but Iā€™ve been right around Europe and although there is great food in places like Rome ( cheap too) the UK has by far the best choice and the quality of the food you can buy is very high tooā€¦though you can slum it lol.šŸ˜Ž

Port Solent is a 20 Min walk from hereā€¦a bit generic but lovely on a warm summer dayā€¦

I'll just sail into Portsmouth in my 65' Oyster. I love videos of the Solent in boat launch videos.

Yea right. I couldn't afford the dinghy, but I can dream.

*a Newfoundland tradition designed to help retain our place on top of the stroke/heart attack rankings.
Years ago we had guests from Newfoundland at the cottage and they insisted on making dinner for us and it runs in mind it was a turkey in a bag with veggies . AM I having a magic mushroom moment?

Years ago we had guests from Newfoundland at the cottage and they insisted on making dinner for us and it runs in mind it was a turkey in a bag with veggies . AM I having a magic mushroom moment?
I've not seen that but it sounds like something that would be traditional here, especially if they were root vegetables.

not seen that but it sounds like something that would be traditional here, especially if they were root vegetables.
This was niggling at me so I did a little Google homework. I was wrong it wasn't turkey it was corned beef and its called a Jiggs dinner

This was niggling at me so I did a little Google homework. I was wrong it wasn't turkey it was corned beef and its called a Jiggs dinner
Jiggs dinner is a common Sunday meal here.

Had a deli lunch and really pigged out, so much that I had to chomp several TUMS. I laid out the leftovers and had a bowl of Special K with almonds and an English muffin with raspberry jam.

I made a generic red curry with basmati rice and warm naan.

It's only 72Ā°F here today and I was sweating, even though that was a nice breeze with all of the windows open. I have no idea how they manage to cook this same food in the Asian subcontinent with the heat and humidity much higher. I would melt or starve.

It was very good but I am not a hot weather person.

I'll just sail into Portsmouth in my 65' Oyster. I love videos of the Solent in boat launch videos.

Yea right. I couldn't afford the dinghy, but I can dream.
The Solent is great, especially on a hot summer day when it is teeming with sail boats , wind surfers , para surfers and various military and commercial vessels. My mother and father in law are in the process of relocating back there ( to Ryde) so weā€™ll have plenty of excuses to get over there in the future. The Isle of Wight is beautifulā€¦it always feels like England 50 years ago to meā€¦except the prices lol. Iā€™ve worked in Cowesā€¦thatā€™s a beautiful little town where a lot of famous people who like sailing hang out.

It gets busyā€¦

Cowes-Week-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom