• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Turkey and swiss or rye bread sandwich grilled, and the last of the bagged salad greens with a vinaigrette dressing. I'm trying to be healthy, plus it's very hot and humid. The corn and soybeans may love this weather but I'd prefer it to be 20°F cooler

Uncomfortably humid here....gonna go with ham, cheese and mushroom omelets. Maybe a little salad.
It's 85°F and rains about every 2-3 hours. I just received an automated text from the National Weather Service that this area is now under a flash flood advisory.

It's 85°F and rains about every 2-3 hours. I just received an automated text from the National Weather Service that this area is now under a flash flood advisory.
Hope you get some sunshine and cooler temps. Weather has gone nuts in a lot of places.

The scale told me yesterday i could have a road meal on my trip, so i did.

Double cheeseburger
Small fries.

I'm down to my high school weight again, but i like to get below that. Working on it. I have been doing a lot of walking.
Congrats!!

Hope your home and family aren't directly affected Lisa. I was just watching some flooding on the news, scary stuff.

Hope your home and family aren't directly affected Lisa. I was just watching some flooding on the news, scary stuff.
Thanks but that isn't a problem, yet.

I live at almost the top of a hill, so its unlikely that the flood warning will directly affect me. I'm more concerned because my power comes from a natural gas fired power plant that is at the low point. It would suck to be without power for 3 days.

More than likely the people that like along a small river and the swamp that it flows through on the other side of the county are likely already under water, in a 2-3 country area.

It will start to rain in about a hour and will continue to rain for the next 6 hours. Thankfully its raining at night so the thunderstorms have faded away and it will only be light rain. 4 weeks ago they were talking about it being drought conditions but that isn't a problem now. Most of the winter wheat seems to be harvested from what I can see from the local roads.

why don't you have access to the good guinness instead of that german brew?

j/k, i'll drink anything that says "beer" ... even the 'lite' stuff if that is all that is available
but i do envy your ready access to the good guinness
That’s one of the best lagers in the world …the name is Czech for “ First Pilsner”… it has loads of taste unlike some American Macro brews ( The US is now home to some of the best beers in the world now btw)… Guinness is quite an ordinary brew really, it’s everywhere here… I like it but their West Indies Porter is better.

You shouldn't store your leftovers in the can, Big Eye. Don't ask me why, but I was taught Never.
We do loads of crazy things over here…my American brother in law ( sadly no longer with us) used to be amazed that we kept Mayo and ketchup in the cupboard…this place is air-con land though..

Most cans over here are lined, so they should be ok for a couple of days in the fridge.

We do loads of crazy things over here…my American brother in law ( sadly no longer with us) used to be amazed that we kept Mayo and ketchup in the cupboard…this place is air-con land though..

Most cans over here are lined, so they should be ok for a couple of days in the fridge.
MAYO! OMG Here we have 3 hours tops to have anything with mayo out of the fridge before we all die.

MAYO! OMG Here we have 3 hours tops to have anything with mayo out of the fridge before we all die.
My wife just told me off for leaving the Mayo out lol…it’s quite hot here at the mo .🤣😂

A little of this, a little of that; leftovers from yesterday, a late afternoon, and early dinner.

Hubby and I shared a half of a hamburger and a half of a turkey club, with a few fries leftover.

Absolutely marvelous. Can't wait to visit this sports bar and grill again. Great food and service.

Of course.
Can I come over? Onion soup is a passion of mine. Gruyère? Oh, mon ami, you are speaking my language.

Can I come over? Onion soup is a passion of mine. Gruyère? Oh, mon ami, you are speaking my language.
LOL! I noticed you're from the south. Me too! I'm in Georgia. I used swiss this time.

Back
Top Bottom