• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

Beer battered cod fillets, french fries.

I felt lazy today so it was a frozen pot pie and a bagged tossed salad.

Roast beef and Swiss sandwich with horseradish sauce and a leftover Thai spring roll on the side.

we had pizza from a local chain that dropped off of the map and then reappeared recently. reminds me of the 1990s.

A massive sushi feast.

Desert turned out to be two mugs of chicken carcass, random meat bones, and veggie broth that did not fit in the containers I put in the freezer . . .

(I save lots of veggie bits. Stems of mushrooms, parts of green peppers I don't cook with, the bits of onions I peel/cut off when I 'open' one, leftover bones (rinsed) such as from pork ribs, even steaks, but mainly whole chicken carcasses. I use the broth to cook all sorts of things).

Salami and Gouda cheese on Ritz crackers, artichoke hearts on the side.

Wonderful but for me that's a gallbladder attack...seriously. Hope you enjoyed your feast while you still have good digestive health. I am so jealous...

Wonderful but for me that's a gallbladder attack...seriously. Hope you enjoyed your feast while you still have good digestive health. I am so jealous...
Sorry to hear you have such health issues Trix, please take care.

Bacon, tomato, onion and mayo sandwiches on Orowheat Oatnut bread. Canned raspberries with heavy cream for dessert.

Sorry to hear you have such health issues Trix, please take care.

T/Y Hopefully, I will be good in another few months or so, once I get the culprit removed.

You're welcome, good luck with your surgery.

12/2 if it isn't cancelled due to CA. being moved from red to the purple zone.

T/Y for your best wishes.

T/Y Hopefully, I will be good in another few months or so, once I get the culprit removed.

i'm wondering if i will be looking at the same thing eventually. Dad had his taken out twenty years ago. that would be ten years from now for me. good luck with your surgery and recovery.

bologna and Swiss sandwich with mayo.

i'm wondering if i will be looking at the same thing eventually. Dad had his taken out twenty years ago. that would be ten years from now for me. good luck with your surgery and recovery.

Thank you, Helix.
I was told there's some hereditary factor in the above. My maternal grandmother had hers removed as well.
I am off to the kitchen because I promised my hubby I would make chicken piccata, and parmesan risotto. Not hungry, and it's getting harder to cook when I am not in the mood to eat. Seems like almost everything makes me feel ill.

Oh well, it will be over soon.

Thank you, Helix.
I was told there's some hereditary factor in the above. My maternal grandmother had hers removed as well.
I am off to the kitchen because I promised my hubby I would make chicken piccata, and parmesan risotto. Not hungry, and it's getting harder to cook when I am not in the mood to eat. Seems like almost everything makes me feel ill.

Oh well, it will be over soon.

i think that my dad has felt better and just eats a little differently. however, he is of the generation that doesn't talk much about that, so i haven't asked. i know that he and Mom split a hamburger occasionally and eat a pretty wide variety of foods.

Me: 12 oz cheeseburger, 4 strips of thick cut bacon, a handful of cheddar, thin-sliced onion, lettuce, sugar and sweetener-free ketchup (just smashed tomato).

Wife and MIL: same but with 10 oz burgers.

Half way between a standard medium and medium rare. Feel-good 'nice to the cow' grass-fed beef from our meat share. Light-med toasted brioche buns.

****ing awesome. It's a little better if I half-melt bone marrow and work it into the burger, but y'know... that takes more than a little time.

hamburger helper cheesy shells.

Tonight: feel-good meat share ribeyes, 12 oz each.

Since it's a meat share you don't get custom cuts. If I'm going to grill a steak, I usually eat a bit light through the day and go for a 20-24oz.

Panang Shrimp Curry (no contact delivery) with added sea scallops at home. Coconut shrimp. Canned raspberries with heavy cream for dessert.

Homemade Bolognese sauce over whole wheat linguine, BELL'AGIO Chianti. Canned raspberries and heavy cream for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom