• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dinner? -Part dois

fish filet sandwich and chicken nuggets with a honey packet. had a longer commute today.

fish filet sandwich and chicken nuggets with a honey packet. had a longer commute today.

How come you feel better eating junk food than you did eating what's good for you?

How come you feel better eating junk food than you did eating what's good for you?

it's probably a coincidence. we're planning to put some effort into eating less like **** in the coming days, as i have no desire to buy new clothes. so far, everything still fits. it's also possible that i was not eating a good vegetarian diet, and that i was experiencing some nutrient deficit that was easily solved by eating meat. maybe my stomach just randomly decided to be ok for a while. i don't know.

Tonight it's back to Giordano's for the deep dish Meatball, Garlic and Spinach

Been roasting a lot of chickens using a pretty simple recipe. Love a simple roast chicken.

Tonight it'll be medium rare strip steaks from our "nice to animals" type meat share... grass fed. Looks pretty well marbled though.

Tomorrow will probably be medium rare filet mignon. Same source.

Sunday will be a giant authentic chinese food order with visiting family. (Guts, tendon, etc; stuff Americans tend to shy from)

Grilled chicken breasts marinated in garlic and lime, wild rice with pan fried mushrooms, broiled Brussel sprouts in a foil pouch with a bit of sherry.

I was Baby Girl Bums turn to cook this evening. ;)

Tonight it's back to Giordano's for the deep dish Meatball, Garlic and Spinach

Oh just stop... I'm sooo jealous.

CA. does not do good pizza. I am a former Chicagoan.
The last time I had Giordano's was about four years ago. Miss it.

Been roasting a lot of chickens using a pretty simple recipe. Love a simple roast chicken.

Tonight it'll be medium rare strip steaks from our "nice to animals" type meat share... grass fed. Looks pretty well marbled though.

Sunday will be a giant authentic chinese food order with visiting family. (Guts, tendon, etc; stuff Americans tend to shy from)

I don't often eat beef but just bought a couple of Ribeyes. Roast chicken and Salmon filets are more of my common entries, but the steaks lately have been outrageously tasteful. I think the grocery's are getting cuts usually reserved for restaurants.

6 inch club sub
baked lays.

Oh just stop... I'm sooo jealous.

CA. does not do good pizza. I am a former Chicagoan.
The last time I had Giordano's was about four years ago. Miss it.

i last went there on a date with my wife probably six years ago. good pizza.

That's exactly what I had tonight. :mrgreen:

they've changed it a bit in my area because they can't seem to source roast beef. i didn't mind.

i last went there on a date with my wife probably six years ago. good pizza.

Cool!

We bought a lot of pizza to bring home, I mean A LOT of parbaked pizza. We had direct flights, the entire family, but did we all look like a bunch of pizza starved idiots getting on board the plane with our keep cold bags of pizza going in the overhead compartments of the plane. Lol!

Good times. ;)

Cool!

We bought a lot of pizza to bring home, I mean A LOT of parbaked pizza. We had direct flights, the entire family, but did we all look like a bunch of pizza starved idiots getting on board the plane with our keep cold bags of pizza going in the overhead compartments of the plane. Lol!

Good times. ;)

definitely. i had a lot of good times in Chicago. i went there like every second or third weekend for a while. it was a long distance relationship that became a short distance relationship later.

they've changed it a bit in my area because they can't seem to source roast beef. i didn't mind.

Publix has had a problem getting Boar's Head brand meats for their subs until recently. I didn't really notice a big difference either.

definitely. i had a lot of good times in Chicago. i went there like every second or third weekend for a while. it was a long distance relationship that became a short distance relationship later.

Your wife is from Chicago then?

no, but she lived there for a while. she misses it. we're both from the same place.

My husband and I are both from Chicago, born and raised. We miss it too, but not the weather if you catch my snowdrift. ;)

Glad that you both had the chance to experience some of the best and most extraordinary culinary arts ever!
I miss it so.. but I am a good cook, so ask if you need a good recipe. Italian, being my favorite. :)

Oh!

And for the last 5-6 nights I've had a mostly self-garden salad. The tomatoes were terrible this year. Because of (good) things that changed my life quite a bit this June, I planted my plants but half or quarter-assed the care. 18 tomato plants became 6, thanks to squirrels digging the seeds out and a wood chuck - he's an asshole - eating the leaves off the others.

But, I've got plenty of herbs and salad greens going on rotation. So I'll get 1.5ish weeks of salad greens every 2-3 weeks. Garden tomatoes but not at prior rates. Green onions. Herbs.

It all tastes so much sharper and defined than supermarket stuff.

Oh!

And for the last 5-6 nights I've had a mostly self-garden salad. The tomatoes were terrible this year. Because of (good) things that changed my life quite a bit this June, I planted my plants but half or quarter-assed the care. 18 tomato plants became 6, thanks to squirrels digging the seeds out and a wood chuck - he's an asshole - eating the leaves off the others.

But, I've got plenty of herbs and salad greens going on rotation. So I'll get 1.5ish weeks of salad greens every 2-3 weeks. Garden tomatoes but not at prior rates. Green onions. Herbs.

It all tastes so much sharper and defined than supermarket stuff.

For some reason, your post has inspired me to make some Hungarian Goulash.

Woodchuck is an asshole, classic. :mrgreen:

My husband and I are both from Chicago, born and raised. We miss it too, but not the weather if you catch my snowdrift. ;)

Glad that you both had the chance to experience some of the best and most extraordinary culinary arts ever!
I miss it so.. but I am a good cook, so ask if you need a good recipe. Italian, being my favorite. :)

one of my favorite Chicago things was random chairs and other objects place in hand plowed spaces to mark dibs for those who actually shoveled it and then had to go to work. it might have just been a neighborhood thing, but i think that it was more widespread. parking was hard there. once i was parked, i was parked for the weekend. after that, it was the red line or walking distance.

i also liked the block after block of independent stores. it reminded me of how it used to be where i lived. we needed a throw rug, so we just walked to the rug store. tons of independent restaurants, too. you could go to a different one every night. we tried out a bunch of them. one time, i even got to spend a week there. that was a lot better than a weekend, and i did a lot of writing. there was a good vibe.

one of my favorite Chicago things was random chairs and other objects place in hand plowed spaces to mark dibs for those who actually shoveled it and then had to go to work. it might have just been a neighborhood thing, but i think that it was more widespread. parking was hard there. once i was parked, i was parked for the weekend. after that, it was the red line or walking distance.

i also liked the block after block of independent stores. it reminded me of how it used to be where i lived. we needed a throw rug, so we just walked to the rug store. tons of independent restaurants, too. you could go to a different one every night. we tried out a bunch of them. one time, i even got to spend a week there. that was a lot better than a weekend, and i did a lot of writing. there was a good vibe.

How long ago was this? I remember the good old days of Chicago before corporate took over... So many mom and pops prior to the eighties.

How long ago was this? I remember the good old days of Chicago before corporate took over... So many mom and pops prior to the eighties.

2014 - 2015. i guess that some of them held on, or that these neighborhoods protect them somehow. she lived on the northeast side. there was plenty of corporate depending on where you went, but certain areas reminded me of my own town when i was a little kid, only much, much bigger.

bacon cheeseburgers, medium

I'm having a bowl of my mom's home made chili with some cheese. I've liked that since I was a kid.

Back
Top Bottom