• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you have for dessert?

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Anything or nothing?

A chocolate brownie with chopped walnuts, melted caramel. Beyond rich...

Talk about something that will shoot your blood sugar off the scale! :rolleyes:(y)

I don't have desert.

Made a dietary bargain that paid off more than enough times over, and the main point was giving up useless carbs. That included desert. Now desert tastes disgusting (if I ever give in to my wife's demands that I "just try" something she ordered at a restaurant).

I always wanted to try Baked Alaska. The last memeroble dessert I had was French Silk.

A wise old man once said: "A life without dessert is possible, but pointless".

Homemade apple pie. I'm lucky I've got a wife that loves to cook! And she's pretty damn good at it, too!

Homemade apple pie. I'm lucky I've got a wife that loves to cook! And she's pretty damn good at it, too!

Homemade cheese cake with cherries in it is also fine - if it is not tooooo sweet.

Doing some Keto-friendly sweets baking for the holidays, and yesterday I made a cake like this:

So, hubby and I had some of it for dessert (and the rest is packed and frozen for Xmas). using Splenda.
I must say that I've tried doing that several times over the years but never got it right. Only yesterday did I finally did it.

Also tried making Lemon Cheesecake Bar, and had some of it too - and hubby liked it.

Next weekend will be the Pecan Pie bar, and fudgy Chocolate Brownie (which will also be used in trifle with coffee flan).

Last edited:
I don't have desert.

Made a dietary bargain that paid off more than enough times over, and the main point was giving up useless carbs. That included desert. Now desert tastes disgusting (if I ever give in to my wife's demands that I "just try" something she ordered at a restaurant).

I'm supposed to be diabetic (although the last time I got tested - Sep - the doc says my blood sugar for that day registered "normal").
Life-changing diet for me with a whiole lot less carbs. Been at it for at least a year now. It's only on holidays that I want to get into some sweets.

lately, it has been apple bread. my parents gave us one for Thanksgiving.

Last of Mom's (G-ma's recipe) Chocolate Cream Pie (y)

I never buy desert when at home, but when I'm visiting family like I have for Thanksgiving this weekend, I will have some homemade pumpkin pie with whipped cream.

@ dessert

Long time no see?
Long time no have?
Long time no eat?

Coming Easter you will have a dessert, I think? :)

Come Easter, you will have a dessert, I hope?
A dessert, not a desert.

Blackberry cobbler with whipped topping.

The way the cobbler is made, it's like a rectangular double crust pie. Not bad for store bought.

Dinner was great--grouper ceviche as an appetizer, herb stuffed fish steak baked in banana leaf, grilled young veggies and corn on the cob, fresh fruit, and mint tea. For dessert, grilled pineapple spears, drizzled with rum caramel sauce and freshly roasted coffee.

Remarkably, it was a healthy meal. The only fat was the butter for the corn and cream in the coffee.

Last edited:
Strawberries with milk and sugar! :love:

And a question:

Could this thread also be fixed at the top, together with threads like breakfast etc?

What is "grouper"?

Back
Top Bottom