• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did you do for a workout today?

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Like the dinner thread, lets hear it. What did you do for a Workout today?

Nothing today, but last night while watching the game with a friend, I did several right arm curls using a liquid-filled weight that gradually diminished as I worked through my regimen. Several times throughout my workout schedule I replenished the weight so to make sure I was building up proper stamina.

Walked a mile. And I'll be doing physical therapy in about an hour. Then I'll walk another mile.

I can't really work out until my shoulder is better. :( Unless I just jog in place or something.

Nothing today, but last night while watching the game with a friend, I did several right arm curls using a liquid-filled weight that gradually diminished as I worked through my regimen. Several times throughout my workout schedule I replenished the weight so to make sure I was building up proper stamina.

well, you are supposed to lift to the point of failure.

Not sure that's the best thing for your body, bud. 60 miles a week? :shock:

if you have at lest two good pairs of running shoes (swap shoes every day or so so that the rubber can recover) you should be OK.

I used to run 5 miles a day in the morning every day and then a 15 mile jog every night 6 times a week. Trouble was, you couldn't always use proper running shoes in the army so my left knee buckles if I ever run up any slopes.

My workout today was a 30 mile cycle run before work. No more jogging for me ever again.

I walk 1.5 miles a day

I do yoga three days a week.

About an hour's practice with a weighted shield and a piece of number eight rebar

What??? :lol:
I use a large round shield that is weighted so I can use the real thing with less difficulty. Number eight rebar is a section of rebar that's about an inch in diameter, extremely heavy. I use that so when I pick up a shortsword, it feels almost non-existent. And it builds arm muscle.

Nothing, yet.
I'll row 4000 m later this evening, if my stomach starts feeling better. it's kind of upset today.

I put the cat out and petted the dog.

I also ordered my teenage son to perform certain strenuous chores, that was kinda tiring. I had to actually get up and go to his room, he had the TV on too loud and couldn't hear me bellowing. I had to rest a while after that, and then it was time for my before-dinner nap.

Hey, it's Sunday. :mrgreen:

Took the escalator down to Starbucks from work, and took the escalator back up to Work.

Not sure that's the best thing for your body, bud. 60 miles a week? :shock:

That's what I told my doctor, but as I've lost better than 150 lbs, he says he's fine with it. But I've been thinking about cutting it down to seven or so.

if you have at lest two good pairs of running shoes (swap shoes every day or so so that the rubber can recover) you should be OK.

I used to run 5 miles a day in the morning every day and then a 15 mile jog every night 6 times a week. Trouble was, you couldn't always use proper running shoes in the army so my left knee buckles if I ever run up any slopes.

My workout today was a 30 mile cycle run before work. No more jogging for me ever again.

I do. I go through shoes pretty fast. And I hate finding a good shoe and then they get discontinued. Hard to find a good fit.

about 20 minutes of yoga followed by lunges, push-ups, crunches and "the plank"

That's what I told my doctor, but as I've lost better than 150 lbs, he says he's fine with it. But I've been thinking about cutting it down to seven or so.

Switch to sprinting. how many times have you seen a fat sprinter? :prof:

Switch to sprinting. how many times have you seen a fat sprinter? :prof:

Been known to work in a sprint or two, but I actually like losing myself in the run. Takes a good 90 minutes and all and all, I feel quite good afterwards. Clears the head.

30 minutes on the treadmill at the hotel plus a frantic run between A and D terminal in the Atlanta airport, dragging carryon luggage. The latter really got my heart rate up.

Probably do some kettlebell swings after while. Took the summer off of strength training, will slide back into that next week with a new, eight week 5x5, three times a week.

Kinda hard getting back into the groove after a summer of slacking. Well.. not exactly slacking, had plenty to do around the house to keep me busy, built a large deck.

I spent the past two days waxing my car...yep it takes e 2 days because I get tired very quickly.

I spent the past two days waxing my car...yep it takes e 2 days because I get tired very quickly.

Winston... :(.
Please do something so you can get better.
I really like you, and i don't want you to be sick.

Back
Top Bottom