• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What did the Clinton Administration know about 9/11/01 and when did they know it?

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
It seems like the Clinton Administration knew about the attack on the USS Cole and on the WTC prior to their happening and did nothing to stop them.....Stay tuned.........

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/2312271.html

Secret Security Unit Identified 9/11 Ringleader Before Attacks

The vice chairman of the House intelligence committee says a secret U.S. security unit identified terrorist Mohamed Atta more than a dozen times before the 9/11 attacks.

Congressman Curt Weldon also says the secret military team, code-named "Able Danger,” found "a problem" in Yemen just two weeks before the deadly al-Qaeda attack on the USS Cole.

But Weldon said the ship commander was not told.

Weldon, a Pennsylvania Republican, has pushed Congress and the Pentagon to investigate the workings of Able Danger, which mined data to identify terrorist activity.

If he is correct, it would change the timeline for when government officials first became aware of Atta's links to al-Qaeda.

Former members of the 9/11 panel have dismissed Weldon's findings.

A Defense Department spokesman says Pentagon officials will welcome the chance to discuss these issues at a House Armed Services panel hearing Wednesday.

Yep, this belongs in the Conspiracy Theory forum with other similar garbage.

And if this was true, why did no one in the FBI or CIA (many of whom were leftovers from the Clinton Administration) alert Saint George about the imminent attack during his first eight months in office? Did it slip their minds?

Kandahar said:
Yep, this belongs in the Conspiracy Theory forum with other similar garbage.

And if this was true, why did no one in the FBI or CIA (many of whom were leftovers from the Clinton Administration) alert Saint George about the imminent attack during his first eight months in office? Did it slip their minds?

Well Congress might disagree with you because hearings start on the issue with the armed services committee on Wednesday............

I think you will probably find out that "Slick Willie" was a little to busy getting a hummer to be bothered by the details..........stay tuned....

Navy Pride said:
Well Congress might disagree with you because hearings start on the issue with the armed services committee on Wednesday............

I think you will probably find out that "Slick Willie" was a little to busy getting a hummer to be bothered by the details..........stay tuned....

So first you say he knew about the attacks, then you say he didn't know about them because he was getting a hummer. Which is it?

Kandahar said:
So first you say he knew about the attacks, then you say he didn't know about them because he was getting a hummer. Which is it?

I don't know........Hopefully Clinton is called to testify and we will find that out........It should be fun.......

Navy Pride said:
I don't know........Hopefully Clinton is called to testify and we will find that out........It should be fun.......

Honestly, doesn't it hurt your head to be so stupid on such a regular basis?

Kandahar said:

Lets see, are we in the basement? No..........

Hopefully we take you hero "Slick Willie" down and take him down hard.............Have a nice day........:roll:

Navy Pride said:
Lets see, are we in the basement? No..........

Apologies then.
This, however, is the wrong board for this thread as well. It belongs in Conspiracy Theories.

Navy Pride said:
Hopefully we take you hero "Slick Willie" down and take him down hard.............Have a nice day........:roll:

He's not my hero. Unlike you, I don't consider modern politicians to be entirely good or evil. They are what they are, and some of them are more effective, more honest, smarter, and have better policies than others.

Kandahar said:
Apologies then.
This, however, is the wrong board for this thread as well. It belongs in Conspiracy Theories.

He's not my hero. Unlike you, I don't consider modern politicians to be entirely good or evil. They are what they are, and some of them are more effective, more honest, smarter, and have better policies than others.

Apology accepted...........If you took the time to read the article you would see that the House Armed Services Committee does not think it is a conspiracy because they are beginning hearings on the issue on Wednesday........

If he is not your hero why are you so adament in defending a scumbag like him?:confused:

Kandahar said:

Come on, you're better then this. Don't go around calling people stupid. If you disagree with something they posted, point out what you disagree with. Calling someone stupid isn't debating. Stick to the issues at hand.

Navy Pride said:
It seems like the Clinton Administration knew about the attack on the USS Cole and on the WTC prior to their happening and did nothing to stop them.....Stay tuned.........

The vice chairman of the House intelligence committee says a secret U.S. security unit identified terrorist Mohamed Atta more than a dozen times before the 9/11 attacks.

Congressman Curt Weldon also says the secret military team, code-named "Able Danger,” found "a problem" in Yemen just two weeks before the deadly al-Qaeda attack on the USS Cole.

Weldon, a Pennsylvania Republican, has pushed Congress and the Pentagon to investigate the workings of Able Danger, which mined data to identify terrorist activity.

If he is correct, it would change the timeline for when government officials first became aware of Atta's links to al-Qaeda.

A Defense Department spokesman says Pentagon officials will welcome the chance to discuss these issues at a House Armed Services panel hearing Wednesday.

Your story says:

The vice chairman of the House intelligence committee says a secret U.S. security unit identified terrorist Mohamed Atta more than a dozen times before the 9/11 attacks.Congressman Curt Weldon also says the secret military team, code-named "Able Danger,” found "a problem" in Yemen just two weeks before the deadly al-Qaeda attack on the USS Cole.

So, you contend that the ship's commander wasn't told, therefore wasn't aware, of the impending danger. But the President was told and did know. He simply didn't tell anyone.

Can you see any logical problems with that? Do you think people in the intelligence community knew, reported to Clinton and he then told them to keep their mouths shut and allow the attack to happen?

Chief, I disagree with you on a bunch of issues, on the flip side I do find stuff I agree with you on. Agree wth you or not I usually find you to be logical and your arguments to have some merit. But I think this is just plain silly.

I mean do you think intelligence agencies would knowingly let an attack happen? If the intelligence agencies knew about what a danger Atta's was and his links to al-Qaeda, even if Clinton didn't allow them to do something about it. Wouldn't they have run screaming to GWB the minute he took office? Or do you think they had some allegiance to Willie? I mean how many meetings concerning Atta did the Bush Admin. have prior to 9-11? Did the entire agency change and go away when Bush took office. Or did they just forget to mention all this? To make this Clinton's fault you have to believe there's a whole lot of miserably incompetent people in our intelligence community.

I know you hate Clinton, but you're better then this. This right up there with the people who believe Bush blew up the towers himself to start a war he wanted all along.

Pacridge said:
Come on, you're better then this. Don't go around calling people stupid. If you disagree with something they posted, point out what you disagree with. Calling someone stupid isn't debating. Stick to the issues at hand.

I apologized.

Pacridge said:
Your story says:

The vice chairman of the House intelligence committee says a secret U.S. security unit identified terrorist Mohamed Atta more than a dozen times before the 9/11 attacks.Congressman Curt Weldon also says the secret military team, code-named "Able Danger,” found "a problem" in Yemen just two weeks before the deadly al-Qaeda attack on the USS Cole.

So, you contend that the ship's commander wasn't told, therefore wasn't aware, of the impending danger. But the President was told and did know. He simply didn't tell anyone.

Can you see any logical problems with that? Do you think people in the intelligence community knew, reported to Clinton and he then told them to keep their mouths shut and allow the attack to happen?

Chief, I disagree with you on a bunch of issues, on the flip side I do find stuff I agree with you on. Agree wth you or not I usually find you to be logical and your arguments to have some merit. But I think this is just plain silly.

I mean do you think intelligence agencies would knowingly let an attack happen? If the intelligence agencies knew about what a danger Atta's was and his links to al-Qaeda, even if Clinton didn't allow them to do something about it. Wouldn't they have run screaming to GWB the minute he took office? Or do you think they had some allegiance to Willie? I mean how many meetings concerning Atta did the Bush Admin. have prior to 9-11? Did the entire agency change and go away when Bush took office. Or did they just forget to mention all this? To make this Clinton's fault you have to believe there's a whole lot of miserably incompetent people in our intelligence community.

I know you hate Clinton, but you're better then this. This right up there with the people who believe Bush blew up the towers himself to start a war he wanted all along.

Well lets say I hope the armed forces committee can get the facts out and let the chips fall where they may...................

I think both of us would like to know who knew what and when............

As far as Clinton goes I actually backed him on most of his military endeavors but I can never forget how he disgraced the office of the presidency.......

Navy Pride said:
Well lets say I hope the armed forces committee can get the facts out and let the chips fall where they may...................

I think both of us would like to know who knew what and when............

As far as Clinton goes I actually backed him on most of his military endeavors but I can never forget how he disgraced the office of the presidency.......

I completely agree we should find out who knew what and when.

I also want to make sure we're learning from our mistakes. Not simply have commissions look into things on the surface and then publicly them gloss over. I want us to stop doing dumb things. (And yes, I think we've been doing dumb things long before Bush took office.)

Ready for the cold? Sounds like it headed this way and you'll get it first. I'm headed south but not until next month.

Navy Pride said:

So why exactly did you try to link Clinton to 9/11? Why do conservatives keep blaming liberals for our country's problems when they are the ones who have been running our country into the ground for the last 6 years? It's their budget that has racked up a record debt, it's their war that has us wasting billions of dollars a month and countless lives (a war that was waged against a relatively peaceful country), and it's their president who at the moment has no less that 3 investigations looking into his cabinet's shady dealings and general incompatence. When are you Bushies gonna realize that maybe our countries problems aren't coming form across the isle but perhaps from your side.

Last edited:
Cassapolis said:
So why exactly did you try to link Clinton to 9/11? Why do conservatives keep blaming liberals for our country's problems when they are the ones who have been running our country into the ground for the last 6 years? It's their budget that has racked up a record debt, it's their war that has us wasting billions of dollars a month and countless lives (a war that was waged against a relatively peaceful country), and it's their president who at the moment has no less that 3 investigations looking into his cabinet's shady dealings and general incompatence. When are you Bushies gonna realize that maybe our countries problems aren't coming form across the isle but perhaps from your side.

Cassapolis, I hear you. It would be nice to see some repubs or conservatives express some disappointment with this administration. NO administration is perfect. People lose credibility when they can never admit that their party has messed up, even if just slightly. I cannot fathom this undying loyalty. Regardless, the undying loyalty is what makes them NOT credible in my eyes. Those of us who can admit fault within our own party have a leg to stand on.

Pacridge said:
I completely agree we should find out who knew what and when.

I also want to make sure we're learning from our mistakes. Not simply have commissions look into things on the surface and then publicly them gloss over. I want us to stop doing dumb things. (And yes, I think we've been doing dumb things long before Bush took office.)

Ready for the cold? Sounds like it headed this way and you'll get it first. I'm headed south but not until next month.

Being brought up in Western Pa. and spending some time in Kodiak Alaska the cold doesn't bother me that much, now the rain, that is another matter..........Have a safe trip my friend.......

Cassapolis said:

We will probably see how Clinton was linked to 9/11/01 by the Able Danger hearings.......I say let the chips fall where they may whether it affects a Republican or a Democrat, Bush or Clinton.......As a Clinton apologist do you have a problem with that?

Never mind the left wing talking points and spin.......We have heard it a 100 times and no one is buying it anymore........

aps said:
Cassapolis, I hear you. It would be nice to see some repubs or conservatives express some disappointment with this administration. NO administration is perfect. People lose credibility when they can never admit that their party has messed up, even if just slightly. I cannot fathom this undying loyalty. Regardless, the undying loyalty is what makes them NOT credible in my eyes. Those of us who can admit fault within our own party have a leg to stand on.

aps, God knows I have my disagreements with the Bush administration but the alternative you put up in Kerry to run against him made it a no brainer as to who to elect.....Your party somehow has to get back to the center away from the far left so that moderate candidates have a chance to win your partys nomination...Until that happens I will just continue to vote for the lessor of the two evils.........

What did the Clinton Administration know about 9/11? Err, nothing. Unless I missed the part that says he knew about plans to fly planes into our buildings. Can you show me where it says that NP? I didn't think so. The title of this thread is misleading and foolish.

Clinton let bin Laden get away three times (1993 WTC, Kenya, Cole). Bush let bin Laden get away too, in March 2003 when we took a wrong turn at the Euphrates river. They both suck!

Navy Pride said:
We will probably see how Clinton was linked to 9/11/01 by the Able Danger hearings.......I say let the chips fall where they may whether it affects a Republican or a Democrat, Bush or Clinton.......As a Clinton apologist do you have a problem with that?

Never mind the left wing talking points and spin.......We have heard it a 100 times and no one is buying it anymore........

What exactly did i spin? What did I say that wasn't true? Have the republican's NOT been leading the country for the last 6 years? Is it NOT a republican "conservative" budget that has us wracking up a record debt? Is George W. NOT a republican who's administration is under investigation right now for multiple things? Where exactly did i spin anything? That being said didn't the Clinton administration have a plan to get rid of Osama Bin Laden that they gave to the Bush admin who ignored it?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/727459/posts
http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101020812/story.html

Cassapolis said:
What exactly did i spin? What did I say that wasn't true? Have the republican's NOT been leading the country for the last 6 years? Is it NOT a republican "conservative" budget that has us wracking up a record debt? Is George W. NOT a republican who's administration is under investigation right now for multiple things? Where exactly did i spin anything? That being said didn't the Clinton administration have a plan to get rid of Osama Bin Laden that they gave to the Bush admin who ignored it?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/727459/posts
http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101020812/story.html

I don't know why I bother this has been covered a dozen times but you believe if you keep saying it someone will believe you....

First of all 9/11/01, 2 wars and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this country cost money......Secondly when comparing the debt to the GNP percentage wise our debt was higher in the eighties.........

Now as far as Bin Laden goes, the Government of Sudan offered Binladen on a silver platter in 1996 but "Slick Willie" was to busy getting hummers from Monica to do anything about that.........

Navy Pride said:
Now as far as Bin Laden goes, the Government of Sudan offered Binladen on a silver platter in 1996 but "Slick Willie" was to busy getting hummers from Monica to do anything about that.........
Oops, wrong again NP!

"Hannity distorted a remark Clinton made in a speech to the Long Island Association's annual luncheon on February 15, 2002, in which Clinton said that he "pleaded with the Saudis" to accept Sudan's offer to hand bin Laden to Saudi Arabia. Sudan never offered bin Laden to the United States."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200406220008

Binary_Digit said:
Oops, wrong again NP!

"Hannity distorted a remark Clinton made in a speech to the Long Island Association's annual luncheon on February 15, 2002, in which Clinton said that he "pleaded with the Saudis" to accept Sudan's offer to hand bin Laden to Saudi Arabia. Sudan never offered bin Laden to the United States."

http://mediamatters.org/items/200406220008

Hannity has nothing to do with this..........Google on it and you find find all the proof you need that Clinton refused to accept Bin Laden......

Back
Top Bottom