• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did Jesus look like'

Everything anyone posts is any other posters business. Don't post what you don't want questioned.
Question til the cows come home...I'm not obligated to answer any more than you are...

If Jesus is a fictional person than those who worship him may imagine Him in ways that they feel are more personally related

Black Jesus_R Lentz.JPG
An image using ancient style by R. Lentz

Maori Jesus_Sofia Minson.JPG
Jesus re-imagined as a Maori with the traditional Moko face tattoo

When you pray to Him, what image of the being is in your mind?

Is it this?

View attachment 67391614

This is a painting by Warner Sallman (1940) and is seen by many as the best portrait of Jesus. Millions of copies have been distributed around the world since the end of WWII.

Do you think He really looked like this?

He's much thinner now.

Guess you are afraid to justify your views.
She knows that she cannot justify her views with a rational claim. That is why she doesn't reply to me, or maybe she has me on ignore' because I don't tolerate religious nonsense.

Last edited:

Is it this?

View attachment 67391614

This is a painting by Warner Sallman (1940) and is seen by many as the best portrait of Jesus. Millions of copies have been distributed around the world since the end of WWII.

Obviously not

Why worry? Not that I want to get sucked in to a race baiting whatnot, nor do I care about outward appearance, my Savior looked like whatever people looked like back in the day. Not important in the greater scheme of things.
What is important to me is meeting Him some day, and I will, because I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior.
What is it that they say? It will be for me to know and for others to find out if they want to.

Some would say he had the TRUTH...

People weigh if someone is telling the truth differently.
Some focus on social standing, others on logic, yet others if the message resonates in their souls. But all are imperfect.

Is it this?

View attachment 67391614

He looks like a used car salesman to me.

People weigh if someone is telling the truth differently.
Some focus on social standing, others on logic, yet others if the message resonates in their souls. But all are imperfect.
That is true but it still does not change the truth of God's Word, which is perfectly inspired from God...

That is true but it still does not change the truth of God's Word, which is perfectly inspired from God...
Which of course, is only the Torah.

I thought Trump was Jesus.......

I thought Trump was Jesus.......
Some here still think so, as it seems:
Trump = Jesus
Biden = Satan
That is the Gospel for some ....

Not at all...I do notice the Jew's hatred for Christians, though...beginning with Christ...
Christ wasnt a Christan. What an absurd thought. He was a Jew.

Why worry? Not that I want to get sucked in to a race baiting whatnot, nor do I care about outward appearance, my Savior looked like whatever people looked like back in the day. Not important in the greater scheme of things.
What is important to me is meeting Him some day, and I will, because I accepted Him as my Lord and Savior.
What is it that they say? It will be for me to know and for others to find out if they want to.

If he existed, then your "Savior" probably looked like one of these two guys
face-of-Jesus_0.jpg Jesus remagined using AI_Bas Uterwijk.jpg

Obsession over someone's looks is so...how shall I say it...so superficial...:sneaky:

Obsession over someone's looks is so...how shall I say it...so superficial...:sneaky:

The commonly understood meaning of "someone's looks" has more to do with whether that person is seen as attractive or unattractive and has little to do with their race or skin colour - well, it doesn't for those who aren't racist.

A Romanesque Jew, probably some features inherited from his Father and some from his Mother, though I have never seen any point or reason to pray to him or any other dead person.
Reasoned and rational self initiated action/reaction has always made more sense, as well as much more beneficially productive, to me than speaking to an invisible non-existent entity or an existing government representative, for that matter.

Really? What did “his Father” (or ”his Mother”) look like?

As are all “religious” images, statues, symbols or trinkets.

No one knows what Jesus looked like, and it does not matter.

What does matter is perception of what he must have looked like allows for just as much latitude as how people follow the Bible.

Really? What did “his Father” (or ”his Mother”) look like?
Isn't that what my post answered? His Father likely a Roman soldier, his Mother a Jewish girl.

Back
Top Bottom