• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What did he leave out? The most important part.

Renae

Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Sometimes, what someone doesn't say, says more about them then what they do say.

Sometimes, what someone doesn't say, says more about them then what they do say.

Makes perfect sense. He thinks our rights are given by the government.

I agree, show people that he believes Gov't is the highest power.
And those that, are in agreement show us all who they are.

Yes, those of us who don't believe in big scary men and women in the sky, please raise your hands!

:2wave:

My hand is up rivrrat.

Rights given by God (or whatever you want to call that sort of being) are absolutely and completely unless you actually have them to exercise in your life. And if you live in a land where the government says you don't have them - what is your God going to do about it????

Yes, those of us who don't believe in big scary men and women in the sky, please raise your hands!

:2wave:

That's not the point, rivrrat, not that you'll ever admit it.

The force that drove the Founding of the Country WAS predicated on a "Creator" a Higher moral authority then the fickle failings of man. Whatever PERSONAL beliefs you have, it's completely dishonest to deny the influence that founded the Country. Don't like that, move to CHANGE the country, but don't insult people with your arrogant insults just cause you happen to have issues.

The force that drove the Founding of the Country WAS predicated on a "Creator" a Higher moral authority then the fickle failings of man. Whatever PERSONAL beliefs you have, it's completely dishonest to deny the influence that founded the Country. Don't like that, move to CHANGE the country, but don't insult people with your arrogant insults just cause you happen to have issues.

I have no issues, hon.

The govt grants the rights, so leaving some fairy tale "creator" out of his speech was spot on. It should have been left out of the DOI too.

I have no issues, hon.

The govt grants the rights, so leaving some fairy tale "creator" out of his speech was spot on. It should have been left out of the DOI too.

Sadly, you're comments show a serious lack of understanding history, what motivated the Founding Fathers, or why America came to be. You make the most, absurd comments.

Those who think that the laws of the land originate from anywhere but the minds of humans are delusional and misguided.

Sadly, you're comments show a serious lack of understanding history, what motivated the Founding Fathers, or why America came to be. You make the most, absurd comments.

Why do I care what motivated the founding fathers? If they thought rights were endowed by some invisible man in the sky, they were wrong too. I applaud Obama for correcting their ignorance.

This is the type of thing where honestly I don't see why people care either way whether he said it or not.

Until someone can prove this was intentional and is evidence of some kind conspiracy or hidden part of Obama, is as non-issue as an issue can get.

Your comment shows a serious lack of understanding the real world. You make the most, absurd comments.

And what exactly is this video supposed to show? Why is it even worth posting? What is the point of this thread?

Last edited:
My hand is up rivrrat.

Rights given by God (or whatever you want to call that sort of being) are absolutely and completely unless you actually have them to exercise in your life. And if you live in a land where the government says you don't have them - what is your God going to do about it????

That's because you lack the understanding about why that premise is important. If everyone believes or agrees that your rights come from something higher than government, "God" will never have to intervene because men will strike any attempt by govt to subvert those rights. But of course you have to understand that concept first. Those that lack understanding, virtually always on the left, have compromised intellectual immune systems.

That's because you lack the understanding about why that premise is important. If everyone believes or agrees that your rights come from something higher than government, "God" will never have to intervene because men will strike any attempt by govt to subvert those rights. But of course you have to understand that concept first. Those that lack understanding, virtually always on the left, have compromised intellectual immune systems.

:rofl :rofl

Yeah, until someone else's fairy tale comes along with different ideas. :lol: Or people actually start to get a grip and stop believing in fairy tales altogether.

Rights are created and protected by PEOPLE. The government is PEOPLE. Rights are not innate. They are not granted by some invisible man in the sky. They are man-made, man-designed, and protected by man. We think them up. We change them. We grant them. We revoke them. We protect them.

I have no issues, hon.

You're both wrong. The people grant themselves the rights, not a god, not the government.

You're both wrong. The people grant themselves the rights, not a god, not the government.

Individuals can EARN rights by way of ability, intimidation, etc outside of a govt. But when living within the confines of a govt, it most certainly is the govt - by way of the individuals that comprise it - that determines our rights.

OMG. He left that out on purpose? Give me a break.

And, by the way, our "founding fathers" (even THAT reference makes we want to puke) didn't even believe all men were created equal. Our "founding fathers" were a bunch of racists. Those words should have stuck in his throat.

OMG. He left that out on purpose? Give me a break.

And, by the way, our "founding fathers" (even THAT reference makes we want to puke) didn't even believe all men were created equal. Our "founding fathers" were a bunch of racists. Those words should have stuck in his throat.

:prof white male property owners are more equal than anyone else.

Individuals can EARN rights by way of ability, intimidation, etc outside of a govt. But when living within the confines of a govt, it most certainly is the govt - by way of the individuals that comprise it - that determines our rights.
The government didn't give us the Bill of Rights.

Back
Top Bottom