• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What country is this again???

The issue is raw milk. If you understand medicine and nutrition, thats obvious.

And that's just what we know of. Usually, wackadoodle moms who refuse to listen to medical science on one issue have a whole lot more pathology underneath. I can tell you this from experience, having reported more than one mom to DCFS in my time, all with good reason.

Really now, where in the story was raw milk made the issue. Making **** up as your accusing the op. You do know that goats milk is available in stores don't you?

The issue is raw milk. If you understand medicine and nutrition, thats obvious.

And that's just what we know of. Usually, wackadoodle moms who refuse to listen to medical science on one issue have a whole lot more pathology underneath. I can tell you this from experience, having reported more than one mom to DCFS in my time, all with good reason.

Raw milk is legal in Maine, as far as I can tell.

Raw Milk Laws and Regulations in Maine - Real Raw Milk Facts

State-by-State* Review of Raw Milk Laws

CDC Asks States To Consider Further Raw Milk Regulation | Food Safety News

If I wanted to feed my kid ' Charlie Sheen's tiger blood infant formula™ '
what the hell business is it of the local government's?
xkwpw8.jpg

All the earmarks of junk science and hatred of Big Gummit doing its job protecting kids.

Meanwhile, the fact that people have fed goat milk to kids in the past has nothing to do with modern medical data on the subject.

That's another reason I think you're a conservative: you use anecdote instead of data.

Sure tiger, I posted data from the European Food Safety Association (EFSA) and the World Health Organization (WHO) both of which give an ok to goats milk. You loose. And I'm not a conservative. Why wouldn't I just say so if I was.

Really now, where in the story was raw milk made the issue. Making **** up as your accusing the op. You do know that goats milk is available in stores don't you?

Sorry to step on your manufactured outrage.

I'm sure the gummint wants to take away babies for no good reason and the reporting pediatrician knows much less than you do about the case. Where do I sign the faux-outrage petition?

Sorry to step on your manufactured outrage.

I'm sure the gummint wants to take away babies for no good reason and the reporting pediatrician knows much less than you do about the case. Where do I sign the faux-outrage petition?

No, no. See its real, and your not a signer anyway because you already let the cat out of the bag. I wouldn't care if this mother milked her own goat and pasteurised it and grew her own celery. And anyone who cares about civil liberties would understand. You one of those guys who's agencies budget is tied to how many children you've taken away from their mothers and put in that rubbish program known as foster care?

No, no. See its real, and your not a signer anyway because you already let the cat out of the bag. I wouldn't care if this mother milked her own goat and pasteurised it and grew her own celery. And anyone who cares about civil liberties would understand. You one of those guys who's agencies budget is tied to how many children you've taken away from their mothers and put in that rubbish program known as foster care?

Not really. I'm one of those guys in the ER who saw the consequences of child abuse.

But I guess I should have not reported it because freedom.

as soon as goat's milk and celery lands this kid in the ER I'd say make the call :lamo

Not really. I'm one of those guys in the ER who saw the consequences of child abuse.

But I guess I should have not reported it because freedom.

Oh. Now your equating a child being physically abused and sent to the emergency room with a mother feeding World Health Organization approved goats milk. Wow, just WOW!

Oh. Now your equating a child being physically abused and sent to the emergency room with a mother feeding World Health Organization approved goats milk. Wow, just WOW!

Why are you assuming physical abuse?

Maybe it's because the parent exposes that child to toxic or dangerous substances without care for the child's health.

Like- maybe raw milk. Especially if it was being prepared in an unsafe manner or being given to an infant who was immunocompromised or in the midst of a known infectious outbreak.

http://www.foodsafety.gov/blog/raw_milk_details.html

Like I said....you don't know the whole story. And you probably never will, unless the Mother brings this to court and allows the state to tell its side.

mebbe its cuz the gubbermint always knows whats best fer lil jonny

Threegoofs, WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION APPROVED GOATS MILK!! Billions of humans probably your grandparents were raised on raw milk, legal in Maine as pointed out by another poster! Why are you debating a story that you admittedly don't know everything about?

I have to say, I was raised on raw [cow's] milk, raw cottage cheese (which is sweet btw), raw cream. As was every kid in the town. Yes, we could buy pastuerized milk at the town store, but why buy the milk when you own a cow? Used to be able to get it here in Oregon (again the raw cottage cheese is the best), but the nannies have made that difficult. I understand, as more people are served the larger the operations that supply milk grow. Harder to catch bad milk or prevent an introduction of something nasty when your operations are huge.

And goat's milk? It's okay, a little strong, funky tasting for my tastes. Also noticed the day's milk takes on the flavor of whatever they're grazing through that day.

Threegoofs, WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION APPROVED GOATS MILK!! Billions of humans probably your grandparents were raised on raw milk, legal in Maine as pointed out by another poster! Why are you debating a story that you admittedly don't know everything about?

What I'm saying is:

1) you don't know anything about the story either.

2) the issue clearly isn't goats milk, its probably raw milk. We may both be wrong, but your supposition is nonsensical, mine is logical.

3) Millions of people were exposed and survived smallpox just fine. I think if someone was trying to expose their child to smallpox deliberately, that could be a problem.

Hahahaha ha, yes your arguing about a story that you admittedly know nothing about and your the logical one.

Hahahaha ha, yes your arguing about a story that you admittedly know nothing about and your the logical one.

Yes, but you miss the critical point....I'm not pretending that this is some sort of horrible impingement upon freedom.

My debate is not with the story, its with the faux-outrage manufactured over a partial story.

It's none of your business that a mothers feeding her baby approved milk, its not the DHHS's business to be interfering either. Like Angry said, when you see the baby in your ER, make the call, until then....................

It's none of your business that a mothers feeding her baby approved milk, its not the DHHS's business to be interfering either. Like Angry said, when you see the baby in your ER, make the call, until then....................

See? There's the faux outrage. Do you know there was nothing more involved than goat milk? Because official policy of the DHHS and MD is to not make the neglect public, for privacy reasons.

If my outrage was fake as you are accusing, I wouldn't be spending my precious time arguing with you. Do I need to start posting the numerous stories on DHHS failures, you know they get it wrong often. I already said that I don't care if this mother is milking her own goat and growing her own celery! That's better than the food your eating from Walmart.

See? There's the faux outrage. Do you know there was nothing more involved than goat milk? Because official policy of the DHHS and MD is to not make the neglect public, for privacy reasons.

That argument is just plain silly. Stating that we cannot know, because the gov't will not release the facts, but assuming that these unreleased facts are "ample justification" for the gov't action of declaring neglect is silly. This is what permits NSA, and other gov't agencies, to do whatever they want, so long as current the POTUS is to the liking of those in the media. Just like the "patriot act" was evil and draconian under Bush but, as soon as Obama started to put it into really high gear, now it is "proper gov't action"; nothing to see here folks, please move along.

ttwtt as the government has become more and more totalitarian, those of us that squawk will seem sillier & sillier wearing our tinfoil hats.
Things that are considered perfectly acceptable and commonplace today would have been seen as unconscionable acts of Nazism in the recent past.
As the frog slowly boils his time to hop out the pot reaches a point of no return, I contend we've already passed that point.

So assuming that the gubmint takes away babies from mothers for inappropriate reasons is a more logical position to take?

I will have to say, having to discuss the whole story would probably really put a crimp in your arguments, though.

Fake outrage by making the world black and white is SO much easier on the brain cells, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom