• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What could we do to fix California?

enderpotato00

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is a serious thread, not complaining. I'm just curious.

Convert to primarily organic agriculture.

Invoke prima nocta by southernors against the cali folks, the problem with californians is they are too californian!!!

"What could we do to fix California?"

Detach it from the US of A.

Lots of problems. High taxes, crap in the cities, democrat government, etc.

I'm not sure those are massive issues? I don't like high taxes either, but if California was its own country, it'd be the 5th largest economy behind the United Kingdom. (And California's got about 40% less people ...) Likewise it's middle of the pack for poverty rates, unemployment and others so I don't think that the tax burden is hardly anything overwhelming.

Same thing as for all states, get rid of Trump supporters. Boom, massive average IQ increase. Way less people dependent on government.

Same thing as for all states, get rid of Trump supporters. Boom, massive average IQ increase. Way less people dependent on government.

What do you mean by "boom"?

I'm not sure those are massive issues? I don't like high taxes either, but if California was its own country, it'd be the 5th largest economy behind the United Kingdom. (And California's got about 40% less people ...) Likewise it's middle of the pack for poverty rates, unemployment and others so I don't think that the tax burden is hardly anything overwhelming.

You always hear that but if you examine it, a lot of it has to do with its geographic position as the primary shipping destination to the SW and parts of the rockies and even some to the SW. I think if California were an independent country it would sour that golden egg with its tax mentality rather quickly. It was a wonderful nexus of natural resources, agriculture, tech development, tourism, movie industry and trade. Just my 2 cents.

we really just need a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage, unemployment compensation for being unemployed on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States, and Industrial Automation to help with social costs.

Not understanding simple things, your new found trumpster identity is on point.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You heard him, fellow Trumpies! He said he's gonna shoot us all down. So, that's it. Go bags. Report to militia posts. It's time ta show them cross eyed crooked shootin' libs who's boss. Locked and loaded.

At this point, conservatives' whining about California has become a meme.

Just like liberals' complaining about Texas has become a meme.

Neither state is near the bottom of the barrel of any quality-of-living standard, and it is a fool's errand to pretend otherwise.

There's a reason California went dark blue, a reason most conservatives won't admit.
They HAD control of California for MANY MANY DECADES...if they'd done such a spectacular job, don't you think California would still be conservative?

So the first thing that needs to be done is, conservatives need to admit that they screwed the pooch, and if they're serious about helping, then HELP instead of trying to figure out how to sabotage everything all the time.

Democrat government a bad thing, eh? The majority disagree with you.

5th economy in the world doesn't mean ****. Half of the cities look like god damn 3rd world countries. We are also 48th and 49th in reading and math in the entire country.

**** off. The state is liberal. The liberal govt. has ruined it.

...focus on fusion (an energy with a future), miniaturization.

Eureka is our State motto!

Even Colonel Hammer should be able to get into some, "Slammer Tanks".

Let them succeed from the Union, since that has been forwarded by many of their leadership. Then take them back in when they ask to return, after they figure out that they're not as smart and special as they think they are and collapse their own economy with all their giveaways, and sanctuary city costs, and without Uncle Sugar in DC to bail them out.

Let them succeed from the Union, since that has been forwarded by many of their leadership. Then take them back in when they ask to return, after they figure out that they're not as smart and special as they think they are and collapse their own economy with all their giveaways, and sanctuary city costs, and without Uncle Sugar in DC to bail them out.

Thats not a bad idea, actually.

Lets see here.. What can we do to turn the 5th largest economy in the WORLD to being more like Mississippi, and state ranked 50th in the US in everything?

That's a toughie..

So your solution is a big earthquake that will cost billions in federal relief not to mention risk the lives of US citizens, including my daughter and grandbabies.

Go **** yourself.

Sad when politics become so strong that people wish for the death of fellow Americans just because they live in a Blue State.

Back
Top Bottom