• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Common Food Have You Never Eaten?

LOL...yeah I'll pass on those rubbery little wormy things thanks...

now

coconut covered shrimp are okay along with the mushroom caps....yup

with lots of wine
In the dish, or in the diner?

Both, I think! :thumbs:

I've never eaten Squash before, but I don't think I want to.

Winter squashes (Acorn, etc...) are flipping fantastic.

Summer squashes (Zucchini, Crookneck, Pattypan, etc...) are excrescent and as repulsive a veg as I can imagine.

game meats...omg....I can't do that either, or oysters nope

WAT?!?!?!? I live for wild game. SO much more flavorful and healthy that most (but not all) commercially raised animals.

Perhaps you've just never had it prepared right?

We agree on oysters. Ate them once, almost died, and it turns out I'm allergic to iodine.

WAT?!?!?!? I live for wild game. SO much more flavorful and healthy that most (but not all) commercially raised animals.
I won't argue with you there

Perhaps you've just never had it prepared right?
or here...lol

We agree on oysters. Ate them once, almost died, and it turns out I'm allergic to iodine.
omg...now that is scary...I didn't even know oysters had iodine...they just look like like slimy fish to me...kinda off putting

Winter squashes (Acorn, etc...) are flipping fantastic.

Summer squashes (Zucchini, Crookneck, Pattypan, etc...) are excrescent and as repulsive a veg as I can imagine.
:shock:

I can't imagine doing without zucchini.

Have you ever had it properly fried like in Greek restaurants (with lemon & skordalia)?

My moms gumbo is my favorite food. I could eat that stuff everyday for every meal for the rest of my life no doubt. I haven't had it years now though. :(

As for the question, what is considered common food? Would lamb be considered common food? If so, I have never had it.

Greetings, Henrin. :2wave:

I've never eaten lamb, either, or rabbit. Maybe I watched too many Disney movies as a kid? :mrgreen:

I've never eaten lamb, either, or rabbit. Maybe I watched too many Disney movies as a kid? :mrgreen:

Where can you even find rabbit? Do they even sell that in stores?

:shock:

I can't imagine doing without zucchini.

Have you ever had it properly fried like in Greek restaurants (with lemon & skordalia)?

Oh, sure. You can cover it up until it's boring, you can fry it like the Greeks or at a county fair, stuff it with cheese (my addiction) or Italian meat stuffing, whatever.

It takes away the disgusting nature of it, but then what's the point? It's vile taste is simply blanketed by other, more righteous things.

IT'S A TRAP!

Pork... and believe it or not... COFFEE.

You've never tried a coffee flavored candy or coffee ice cream?

It would give you a good idea of what to expect.

Side note: I just stopped drinking coffee one day several years ago. The flavor is nice (I liked it black), but it just never did a thing for me.

My wife would die w/out it.

Oh, sure. You can cover it up until it's boring, you can fry it like the Greeks or at a county fair, stuff it with cheese (my addiction) or Italian meat stuffing, whatever.

It takes away the disgusting nature of it, but then what's the point? It's vile taste is simply blanketed by other, more righteous things.

IT'S A TRAP!
:lamo

Hah - fair enough!

How about eggplant? <-- Chomsky listed his next goto veggie after zucchini

I used to hate Salmon, because it made me nauseated it was so oily but now I like it. Human bodies are so weird.

I've never eaten lamb
I've eaten rack of lamb on rare occasions.
I feel a little bad when I do.
It's the "lamb" part that gets me.
Grown-up lambs meat is called "mutton" I think.
Sounds a little chewy to me.

or rabbit.

I ordered half a rabbit somewhere, years ago.
Scrawny little creature. Not much to it.
Never again.

Maybe I watched too many Disney movies as a kid? :mrgreen:

Probably.......I don't eat venison because of the "Bambi" connection.

:lamo

Hah - fair enough!

How about eggplant? <-- Chomsky listed his next goto veggie after zucchini

I HATED THAT CRAP as a kid. One of those 'You'll stay at this table until you eat that!" foods.

As an adult? No problems at all. It's not amazing (unless it's prepared Japanese style), but it's nice.

Extremely versatile food. I'll give it a 7+

I HATED THAT CRAP as a kid. One of those 'You'll stay at this table until you eat that!" foods.

As an adult? No problems at all. It's not amazing (unless it's prepared Japanese style), but it's nice.

Extremely versatile food. I'll give it a 7+
Too bad political differences couldn't be reconciled so easily! :cheers:

(BTW - I'm hooked on eggplant parmigiana & greek moussaka)

moussaka-4-FP.jpg

You've never tried a coffee flavored candy or coffee ice cream?

It would give you a good idea of what to expect.

Side note: I just stopped drinking coffee one day several years ago. The flavor is nice (I liked it black), but it just never did a thing for me.

My wife would die w/out it.

Never had coffee flavored candy. Had coffee flavored ice cream a couple of times. I used to drink massive amounts of soda. I believed that drinking coffee would be like giving injectable heroin to Vicodin addict, so I avoided it. Nowadays, I just think the obsession with designer coffee is annoying.

Have you seen Babe? And do you like bacon?

Finding Nemo? Like fish?

Back
Top Bottom