• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What comes after making abortion illegal

Indydave

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Can we anticipate a groundswell by the Christian right to outlaw masturbation (after all wasting ones seed is technically a half abortion...right?)......

Can we anticipate a groundswell by the Christian right to outlaw masturbation (after all wasting ones seed is technically a half abortion...right?)......
Naw, they don't wanna piss off the INCEL contingent.

Just curious - what color is the sky in your world?

An inquisition? The guillotine?

What comes after making abortion illegal​

Women will likely seek back alley abortions and possibly become maimed or die as a result. Women will not have certain rights. This has happened before. History will just repeat itself. And that's a sad commentary on our society that wants to go socially backwards 50 years.

What comes after making abortion illegal?

Unchallenged and unimpeded, especially given right wing media?
At its end, what comes is the American Taliban.

The howler-monkey-level hysterics are out in full force I see....

Contraception & Gay marriage are next.

Men better hope to God that women don't get too organized because if they do, they may very well cut men completely off until we reverse this male inspired cranio-rectal inversion.
Better get used to whacking off, fellas.

There might not BE any nook-nook if our RW male counterparts keep upping the ante.

An inquisition? The guillotine?
As the saying goes, "Nobody expects the ... inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise. Surprise and fear, our two weapons are fear and surprise...." ---Monty Python

Well, we could make Xanax illegal because....

Men better hope to God that women don't get too organized because if they do, they may very well cut men completely off until we reverse this male inspired cranio-rectal inversion.

There might not BE any nook-nook if our RW male counterparts keep upping the ante.
This supposedly happened during the Women's Suffrage Movement by women who were married to legislators.

This supposedly happened during the Women's Suffrage Movement by women who were married to legislators.
It did happen.
The sad part? How women claim they have no choices.

Why is it when men think of the idea of women go on strike it is their penis that gets first concern?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Icelandic_women%27s_strike#:~:text=garnered%20international%20attention.-,Women's%20Day%20Off,the%20factory%20workers%20were%20women.
On 24 October 1975, Icelandic women went on strike for the day to "demonstrate the indispensable work of women for Iceland’s economy and society"[1] and to "protest wage discrepancy and unfair employment practices".[2] It was then publicized domestically as Women's Day Off (Kvennafrídagurinn).[3] Participants, led by women's organizations, did not go to their paid jobs and did not do any housework or child-rearing for the whole day.[1][2] Ninety percent of Iceland's female population participated in the strike.[1] Iceland's parliament passed a law guaranteeing equal pay the following year.[1]
Employers prepared for the day without women by buying sweets, pencils, and paper to entertain the children who would be brought into work by their fathers.[2] As a result, sausages, a popular meal, sold out in many stores that day.[2]

When in fact it is more likely the problem will be that no one has cooked dinner , done the dishes and took care of the kids that will be men's biggest problem.

Why is it when men think of the idea of women go on strike it is their penis that gets first concern?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975_Icelandic_women%27s_strike#:~:text=garnered%20international%20attention.-,Women's%20Day%20Off,the%20factory%20workers%20were%20women.

When in fact it is more likely the problem will be that no one has cooked dinner , done the dishes and took care of the kids that will be men's biggest problem.

I would never cast any of this as either/or and definitely not as mutually exclusive zero sum games.
I am quite certain that women will happily use any and all tools in the toolbox.

Where the heck is @soylentgreen's dinner?

If 90% of american women agreed to strike for a day. that would make a difference. but unfortunately america is not a united country and women in america will never do that .

I just thought it was hilarious that you think "DINNER" is the thing that will turn the tide.
Sorry, we don't all live in Pleasantville.

Wifey makes dinner at Hacienda del Strangler two or three nights a week, sometimes only one or two nights.
Rest of the time one of us orders something, or we fend for ourselves, or all three of us have fun making something together.
It used to be all four of us before our daughter moved to Portland....or our daughter (who was the best cook out of all of us) would make dinner.
Occasionally I make dinner solo. I am good at making something like six or seven things really well.

And we rotate on who does dishes, and admittedly all three of us are lazy because we really focus on enjoying the meal, and the dishes may end up waiting as much as a day or even two.
Sink filling up? Time to do dishes.
Since we have a double sink, the left one is allowed to lie fallow and the right sink (with the disposal) is kept clear.

Wife and daughter are the kind of cook who just make a happy mess while cooking so dishes may get done sooner if it was my daughter, whereas I
cook and clean at at the same time, so I don't make quite as much of a mess, or let's say that "the mess" is better organized after I finish.

I just thought it was hilarious that you think "DINNER" is the thing that will turn the tide.
Sorry, we don't all live in Pleasantville.

Wifey makes dinner at Hacienda del Strangler two or three nights a week, sometimes only one or two nights.
Rest of the time one of us orders something, or we fend for ourselves, or all three of us have fun making something together.
It used to be all four of us before our daughter moved to Portland....or our daughter (who was the best cook out of all of us) would make dinner.
Occasionally I make dinner solo. I am good at making something like six or seven things really well.

And we rotate on who does dishes, and admittedly all three of us are lazy because we really focus on enjoying the meal, and the dishes may end up waiting as much as a day or even two.
Sink filling up? Time to do dishes.
Since we have a double sink, the left one is allowed to lie fallow and the right sink (with the disposal) is kept clear.

Wife and daughter are the kind of cook who just make a happy mess while cooking so dishes may get done sooner if it was my daughter, whereas I
cook and clean at at the same time, so I don't make quite as much of a mess, or let's say that "the mess" is better organized after I finish.
Yes you do. Have you seen the common stats on who does most of the housework even when she already has a full time job.

How nice. Are we then to believe that you and your family represent all of america. Or perhaps we should look at surveys of women in general and their opinion on who does the most house work.

Yes you do. Have you seen the common stats on who does most of the housework even when she already has a full time job.

How nice. Are we then to believe that you and your family represent all of america. Or perhaps we should look at surveys of women in general and their opinion on who does the most house work.

That's my point.
I think your Pleasantville demographic isn't current anymore.
It still exists but what I described or some variation of it represents a demo that's been fast growing these last twenty years.

Back
Top Bottom