• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What causes mass shootings?

Voters want to regulate guns because of mass shootings.

• early childhood trauma

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • exposure to violence at a young age

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • parental suicide

• physical or sexual abuse

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • the shooters all had the means to carry out their plans

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • domestic violence

• severe bullying

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • a specific grievance against their "enemies"

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • relationship rejection. divorce, etc

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • studying the actions of other shooters (more of a symptom)

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
So you disagree with the premise of the post I quoted, and agree with my position that said premise is inane.
Thank you.

Absence of (x) means (x) cannot be use to kill someone.
So what?
So, let's do whatever we can to make sure that the nutcase doesn't have a gun. I thought that was obvious.

So, let's do whatever we can to make sure that the nutcase doesn't have a gun. I thought that was obvious.
"Nutcases", defined by law as this adjudicated mentally infirm or involuntarily committed to an instituton, are already banned from having firearms.
Should be double-ban them?

access to firearms is never really defined by gun banners. They seem to think banning honest people from having guns denies access to firearms by people already banned from owning them legally

access to firearms is never really defined by gun banners. They seem to think banning honest people from having guns denies access to firearms by people already banned from owning them legally
Well sure - their goal is to make it as hard as posisble for the law abiding to exervice their right to keep and berr arms; any positive effect on crime is a happy coincidence.

Well sure - their goal is to make it as hard as posisble for the law abiding to exervice their right to keep and berr arms; any positive effect on crime is a happy coincidence.
most of them really don't care about reducing crime because they actively oppose laws that do that. For example, when the GOP and the NRA pushed a plan of sending felons with firearms to the Federal prosecutors, where the felons would get more time, the Democrats and allied organizations (like the ACLU and NAACP) claimed giving felons with guns more time was "racist" since many of those busted were inner city black gangbangers. Gun control was proffered as a way Democrats could pretend they were doing something about rising street crime in the 1930s and 1960s without actually doing anything that made life harder for violent street criminals or upset those segments of society that enable-or at least excuse-such crime

"Nutcases", defined by law as this adjudicated mentally infirm or involuntarily committed to an instituton, are already banned from having firearms.
Should be double-ban them?
If banning them means they don't have them, then the job is already done.

If banning them means they don't have them, then the job is already done.
Glad you agree we have done whatever we can to make sure nutcases doesn't have a gun.

Well, what causes mass shooters?

you can post your own reasons down below

I believe the reasons of cause are as varied and individual as people themselves. What may be traumatic to 1 person does not seem to bother someone else. It is sort of the same as someone pulling up along side you revving their engine and taunting you to race. Some people could care less and will never join in while other cannot resist the urge to race. I think it is a genetic and triggered by events. I think when you combine the genetic disposition with the right triggers it just going to happen. If guns were the problem with all the guns in this country we should have mass shooting non stop.

Not 99.99 percent of the law abiding gun owners anyway. Of course law abiding gun owners only shoot people who need to be shot.

100% of none gun owners are responsible for the slaughter.,

Even if the anti gun crowd won, and I don't think they ever will, how long do you think it would take to get the 400+ million guns in circulation confiscated.

I know I will never, as long as I am breathing, give up my guns. I am a law abiding productive member of society with no criminal record. All this would do is make a criminal out of me.

Even if the anti gun crowd won, and I don't think they ever will, how long do you think it would take to get the 400+ million guns in circulation confiscated.

I know I will never, as long as I am breathing, give up my guns. I am a law abiding productive member of society with no criminal record. All this would do is make a criminal out of me.
a well armed criminal

Bans only create a market for criminals. One only needs to look at banned items like weed and alcohol to realize that.

Bans only create a market for criminals. One only needs to look at banned items like weed and alcohol to realize that.
gun control advocates have never been motivated by a desire to actually stop criminals. Gun control is a way they can pretend they are trying to do something about crime without actually impeding or harassing mopes

gun control advocates have never been motivated by a desire to actually stop criminals. Gun control is a way they can pretend they are trying to do something about crime without actually impeding or harassing mopes
They'll need their votes one day.

They'll need their votes one day.
They already have their vote. These are the same people who think dismantling the police is the solution. They want get rid of the police, disarm law abiding citizens, bring in lawless losers who have no respect for our immigration laws, and blame the problem on the law abiding citizens of this country who think our Bill of Rights is worth keeping.

The vast ability of guns in the US and bad mental health of its population due to a violent and unequal/unsolidaric society.

The vast ability of guns in the US and bad mental health of its population due to a violent and unequal/unsolidaric society.
why do the areas that have the highest rates of legal gun ownership do not have the highest levels of gun violence? why does the group that has the highest level of legal gun ownership trail well behind the group that has the lowest level of legal gun ownership in terms of violent crimes?

why do the areas that have the highest rates of legal gun ownership do not have the highest levels of gun violence? why does the group that has the highest level of legal gun ownership trail well behind the group that has the lowest level of legal gun ownership in terms of violent crimes?
There is an easy answer for that. Maybe if they spent as much time and money going after the people breaking our laws as they spend attacking the rights of the law abiding they might actually solve the problem. Just look at their solution for the problem of people illegally entering our country. They reward them with immigration status while millions of law abiding people all over the world are not being let in. When you prioritize bringing people into our country who have no respect for our laws this is the end result. Just look at the violence in our left run cities. The left leaders running these cities can't even weed out the bad police. They instead punish all the good police who are trying to solve the problem. Hell now killings don't even make the front page in most of these cities. Well unless they can toss the race card out there and do a bunch of protesting. Otherwise these poor people being killed every day don't even get mentioned in the news.

From whom did you steal this talking point?

Well, what causes mass shooters?

you can post your own reasons down below

Unfortunately it is question that can NEVER BE ANSWERED. It simply is a mystery. It is beyond the ken of mortal men to know this. I believe it is like the Heissenberg Uncertainty Principle in that if you know some things you can never know other things. Well, we KNOW we have more guns than any other developed first world nation and we know we have less restrictions on those guns but that means we can NEVER KNOW what causes our extremely high rate of gun homicides and mass shootings.

We should just give up and accept the fate that in America being gunned down in an elementary school is the PRICE OF FREEDOM!

Back
Top Bottom