• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What caused the Great Depression? What ended it?

I don't mind some tax abatement for hiring geezers, personally.
A tax rebate for hiring people over 55 or so? Really? Can you foresee any unintended consequences from such a policy?

No, because I think people still would hesitate to hire fogeys. But hey - it's out there.

I'm not sure you've really thought through the results of such a discrimination in the workforce, but, hey, maybe when you've had more life experience it will come clear.

I'm not sure you've really thought through the results of such a discrimination in the workforce, but, hey, maybe when you've had more life experience it will come clear.

When I'm some CFO somewhere after 25 years, I won't really be thinking about discrimination. They'll be wanting to keep me way too much.

When I'm some CFO somewhere after 25 years, I won't really be thinking about discrimination. They'll be wanting to keep me way too much.

Sure, until someone who is just enough older than you to qualify for a tax subsidy and who has the same experience you do comes along and wants your job,

or when someone who is fresh out of grad school, who is full of new ideas and enthusiasm, and who is willing to work more hours for half your pay comes along,

or when the CEO needs a job for his brother in law,

let us know how that works out for you.

Everyone is expendable.

Sure, until someone who is just enough older than you to qualify for a tax subsidy and who has the same experience you do comes along and wants your job,

or when someone who is fresh out of grad school, who is full of new ideas and enthusiasm, and who is willing to work more hours for half your pay comes along,

or when the CEO needs a job for his brother in law,

let us know how that works out for you.

Everyone is expendable.

Yeah, I hear the turnover for corporate executives rivals Burger King.

Yeah, I hear the turnover for corporate executives rivals Burger King.

It's pretty high, and not all that easy to get to be in the corporate offices to begin with.

But, there's always Burger King to fall back on, or perhaps WalMart will need a new greeter.

Back
Top Bottom