• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What behaviors should constitute placement on a terrorist watch list?

My Cousin lived on the same block as a registered sex offender who is now back in prison for raping another women who lived in the area. I want to know if I'm living near someone who raped a woman or molested a child.

Focusing primarily on the point of the ineffectiveness of lists, and not to derail this thread (so don't expect a response to this post).

Did being on that list stop the rape from occurring? The answer based on your anecdotal story is, apparently not.

However, being on that list does cause people to be harassed, have property damaged, and be subjected to assault/battery for a past crime due to fear of a possible future crime.

Now, I understand that serial rapists and TRUE "child molesters" (people seem to confuse this term and mistakenly lump any sexual act involving anyone under 18 as child molestation) are a threat, because they suffer from a mental defect that prevents them from acting rationally. However, that is a problem with our criminal justice systems current methodology of handling them, treating them as normal criminals rather than persons needing serious long term mental health treatment.

Having said that, putting all persons convicted of a sex offense on a public sex offender list is not a good way to handle the problem either.

To bring us back to the original issue. Being on a public list only serves to incite public action, usually negative, towards anyone placed on such a list. With our current emotional states regarding "terrorism" does anyone doubt being placed on a PUBLIC terror watch list would incite the same reactions as being on a sex offender list?

Last edited:
You have a penchant for straw man arguments, have you noticed this? :wassat1:

If you want my positions on such points, simply review my large repertoire of posts in this forum on gun rights vs gun control.

Meanwhile, I choose not to walk down that side path this time. :coffeepap:

I don't need to review your posting history because I responded to a post of yours that said:

The right to keep and bear arms is not a requirement.

If you choose not to (like I currently do), that is YOUR choice.

Claiming that government has the final say in whether or not someone does? Violates that Constitutional protection which now applies to all levels not just the Federal.

and I am curious if you really believe that. I mean, if the government doesn't have the final say, then correctional inmates should be able to carry firearms in prison if they want to.

EDIT: You need a refresher course on fallacies. I've noticed that.

Last edited:
I don't need to review your posting history because I responded to a post of yours that said:

The right to keep and bear arms is not a requirement.

If you choose not to (like I currently do), that is YOUR choice.

Claiming that government has the final say in whether or not someone does? Violates that Constitutional protection which now applies to all levels not just the Federal.

and I am curious if you really believe that. I mean, if the government doesn't have the final say, then correctional inmates should be able to carry firearms in prison if they want to.

EDIT: You need a refresher course on fallacies. I've noticed that.

I think it is reasonable to take away some rights from criminals who have violated other citizen's rights. Rights are reserved for law abiding citizens until due process of law proves them otherwise.

Using the "enter" door when you're exiting, thereby, running into everyone coming in. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

The more I think about it the more I really don't like no fly lists. If security getting on the plane is adequate...why?

My Cousin lived on the same block as a registered sex offender who is now back in prison for raping another women who lived in the area. I want to know if I'm living near someone who raped a woman or molested a child.

But you dont need to know where all the people who have killed live, right? Stoking the anxiety of the citizens is not a good use of government anyways, look at all the people slamming Trump for doing that.

The more I think about it the more I really don't like no fly lists. If security getting on the plane is adequate...why?

I would want the shoe bomber on a no fly list and don't know any reasonable person who wouldn't.

But, he wasn't was he?
Μολὼν λαβέ;1065981221 said:
I would want the shoe bomber on a no fly list and don't know any reasonable person who wouldn't.

I wouldn't want him on a no fly list.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065982969 said:
Like I said about reasonable...

Yeah. You want him on a list.

I want him in prison.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065986340 said:
You need a new crystal ball. :sinking:

Hahaha ok buddy.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065974107 said:
Much discussion has occurred recently about placing terrorism suspects on a watch list and depriving them of at lease one civil right without due process of law, which is to purchase a firearm.

Below are incidents that caused suspicion of the murderer yet none were reported until after the terrorism was committed. There are other incidents as well as this is not an exhaustive list. Should incidents like these place someone on a terrorist "watch list" until the individual can be thoroughly "vetted" by the FBI or whomever completes a thorough investigation?

What's the criteria for being on a watch list? Who determines the criteria?

Orlando terrorist reportedly raised suspicion at gun shop weeks before massacre | Fox News

Voting Democrat.

Voting Democrat.

I too believe that anyone who votes in a manner I disapprove of should have rights taken away.

Libertarianism, everybody!

I too believe that anyone who votes in a manner I disapprove of should have rights taken away.

Libertarianism, everybody!

Well I play to win and leftist always cheat.

Of course, of course. Couldn't possibly be more people voted for Obama.

It could not possible be that millions of people were imported into the nation via 3rd world immigration as to change the make of the nation to favor leftist...Right?

It could not possible be that millions of people were imported into the nation via 3rd world immigration as to change the make of the nation to favor leftist...Right?

Imported. Like they were ordered on Amazon.com or something.

Imported. Like they were ordered on Amazon.com or something.

Sure, its because America needed unskilled, uneducated, people who need welfare and take out more then they put in and its just a coincidence they vote for the same marxist garage they did back home...Right?

Using the "enter" door when you're exiting, thereby, running into everyone coming in. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
I use the "exit" door when going into a store, cuz I'm a rebel like that. :)

If you need an answer..........

Try Google..........lot's of good reliable and accurate information can be easily found........

But asking that question here so other folks can tell you how they feel is a waste of your good time...........that is if you really want to know

Back
Top Bottom