• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are your views on climate change?

• Does not occur naturally

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jamesrage

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative

Occurs naturally regardless of how minute or severe those changes are.
Occurs naturally only with minute changes
Does not occur naturally
Not sure or other

I know some of the man made global warming fairy tale religious nuts have this belief that those who do not subscribe to their fairy tale religion are climate change denialist. So I created this poll to clear up this misconception that they have. I am sure the huge vast majority of people who do not subscribe to this fairy tale of man made climate change, man made global warming, man made global cooling, global climate disruption or what ever the **** they are calling it now will agree that climate change is a naturally occurring event regardless of how minute or severe those changes are.

Last edited:
Occurs naturally regardless of how minute or severe those changes are.

I don't get what this is supposed to accomplish, this is like asking whether or not fires occur naturally, of course they do, and what do we extrapolate from that? Would that then mean that every fire has to be a result of nature?

Last edited:
We do know for a fact that climate change occurs naturally, I don't think most global warming believers will deny this. What we do not know is if we are accelerating the process. I personally believe we don't have enough evidence to say that we are. We need more scientific evidence on the subject, which in regards to climate will take years. Many people don't understand the difference between weather, and climate, just because it's snowing doesn't mean that the climate isn't getting warmer, or just because it's a hot summer, doesn't mean that it is getting warmer.

Though, I'm all for stopping pollution, and promoting legislation that will reduce the production of pollution.

I don't get what this is supposed to accomplish, this is like asking whether or not fires occur naturally, of course they do, and what do we extrapolate from that? Would that then mean that every fire has to be a result of nature?

It is meant to counter the false accusation of Al Gore's climate discipiles that those who don't beleive in AGW also don't believe the climate is changing.

common arguement from an AGWer. "all you have to do is look around to see that the climate is changing. are you blind?"

the proven scientific fact that the climate is changing doesn't prove that the change is due to human activity.

It is meant to counter the false accusation of Al Gore's climate discipiles that those who don't beleive in AGW also don't believe the climate is changing.

common arguement from an AGWer. "all you have to do is look around to see that the climate is changing. are you blind?"

the proven scientific fact that the climate is changing doesn't prove that the change is due to human activity.

It's a shame that the message gets lost under the typical pile of hyperbole, false categorizations, false arguments, and childish rhetoric.

Last edited:
Why did you leave out:

"Occurs naturally but mankind can also influence climate"

Oh, right, because you're a partisan hack who only wants to hear from people who agree with him.

And yes, there are people who think the earth is not actually getting warmer. Hence the discussion of that topic.

Why did you leave out:

Oh, right, because you're a partisan hack who only wants to hear from people who agree with him.

And yes, there are people who think the earth is not actually getting warmer. Hence the discussion of that topic.

I would think that would fall under "Occurs naturally only with minute changes. ". Seeing how selecting this option would lead others to assume that you believe any drastic changes to be the fault of humans. This poll is about the degree of those changes you believe naturally occurs.

Last edited:
We do know for a fact that climate change occurs naturally, I don't think most global warming believers will deny this. What we do not know is if we are accelerating the process.

If we were accelerating it wouldn't it be unnatural or man made climate change? Many people who believe in the man made global warming fairy tale are pretty certian we are causing climate change, not whether or not they are unsure about it.

I personally believe we don't have enough evidence to say that we are. We need more scientific evidence on the subject, which in regards to climate will take years. Many people don't understand the difference between weather, and climate, just because it's snowing doesn't mean that the climate isn't getting warmer, or just because it's a hot summer, doesn't mean that it is getting warmer.
Both sides are guilty of this. One side will say hey look it ****en snowed in September global warming is not real and the other side will say hey we had record breaking hurricanes,heat, tornadoes, wild fires(in a naturally occurring wild fire prone area like california) or a locust plague so we have man made climate change or man made global warming.

I would think that would fall under "Occurs naturally only with minute changes. ". Seeing how selecting this option would lead others to assume that you believe any drastic changes to be the fault of humans. This poll is about the degree of those changes you believe naturally occurs.

Climate can change drastically from natural causes too. Usually it's a slow process, but there are a few periods where it happened quite quickly. (Major volcanic eruptions, asteroid impacts) Of course, "drastic" and "quickly" are relative terms. Some might say the usual glaciation cycle is a "drastic change."

So, I'll go with "Can be fast or slow and can be natural or not. The present trend appears to not be natural."

Why did you leave out:

You calling someone a partisan have that only wants to hear from people who agree with him... is the most funny thing written in the environment forum... ever.

Oh man, that **** is hilarity son.

If we were accelerating it wouldn't it be unnatural or man made climate change? Many people who believe in the man made global warming fairy tale are pretty certian we are causing climate change, not whether or not they are unsure about it.

No, it doesn't have to be one or the other. It can be both, think of a car rolling down a hill. And if you hit the gas it will accelerate the process.

You calling someone a partisan have that only wants to hear from people who agree with him... is the most funny thing written in the environment forum... ever.

Oh man, that **** is hilarity son.

Yes, all those posts I made where I try to argue my side to skeptics are definitely me avoiding discussion with skeptics!

Sure, drastic climate change occurs naturally. It occurs only when there are extraordinary events that force it. So, skeptics, what extraordinary event seems to be forcing the fast pace of change, this time? Could it be ... Mankind burning astronomical amounts of fossil fuels???

Sure, drastic climate change occurs naturally. It occurs only when there are extraordinary events that force it. So, skeptics, what extraordinary event seems to be forcing the fast pace of change, this time?
Well natural climate change denier or man made global warming fairy tale believer how about naturally occurring events as the cause of these drastic changes. And who is to say these changes right now if any are drastic, climates changes has existed for billions of years and we only existed in a blink of eye?

No, it doesn't have to be one or the other. It can be both, think of a car rolling down a hill. And if you hit the gas it will accelerate the process.

If man is causing it isn't a unnatural event? Besides that a car going down the hill is not really a good analogy because man caused the car to go down the hill in the first place.

If man is causing it isn't a unnatural event? Besides that a car going down the hill is not really a good analogy because man caused the car to go down the hill in the first place.

No its a perfect analogy. It's a natural event, but what we don't know is if we are unnaturally accelerating it, or if we kick started the process. The car rolling down the hill is a natural event due to gravity, but the unnatural acceleration of pushing the gas is representing our polluting the environment. The thing is, that we don't know if we are pushing the gas or not.

climate change itself does not but the measurement of the carbon dioxide ratio's certainly do

Well natural climate change denier or man made global warming fairy tale believer how about naturally occurring events as the cause of these drastic changes. And who is to say these changes right now if any are drastic, climates changes has existed for billions of years and we only existed in a blink of eye?

Fine - what "naturally occurring event" can be causing the climate change??

I think man's affect on global climate is still an evolving and developing science that has yet to reach a level where the majority of the scientific community can agree upon it. People act like there is only one truth, whatever they personally believe, in this matter but in reality no one is 100% sure.

I also think that because of what I said above most people don't have a basis for claiming to have an intelligent opinion on the matter because they only know what someone says some scientist said. And I think that the debate among those of us not educated enough to tackle the issue is only getting in the way of the natural scientific process that leds to agreement in the scientific community.

I think man's affect on global climate is still an evolving and developing science that has yet to reach a level where the majority of the scientific community can agree upon it. People act like there is only one truth, whatever they personally believe, in this matter but in reality no one is 100% sure.

I also think that because of what I said above most people don't have a basis for claiming to have an intelligent opinion on the matter because they only know what someone says some scientist said. And I think that the debate among those of us not educated enough to tackle the issue is only getting in the way of the natural scientific process that leds to agreement in the scientific community.

Mate any time you want me to provide you with research papers supporting AGW please ask I have only read about 200 or so

Fine - what "naturally occurring event" can be causing the climate change??

Solar activity, ocean temperature currents, gravitational axis, a combination of those things or a whole bunch of other naturally occurring things.

No its a perfect analogy.It's a natural event,. The car rolling down the hill is a natural event due to gravity, but the unnatural acceleration of pushing the gas is representing our polluting the environment.

Here is why your analogy is bad. Someone put the car on top of the hill and someone made the car. Nature doesn't put cars on hills and even if some wild animals or a tornado put the car on the hill humans still made the car.

The thing is, that we don't know if we are pushing the gas or not.

If we are pushing the gas in regard to weather then it would not be a naturally occurring event.

Solar activity,

Been investigated - at present (well up until the beginning of this year) we were in a record solar minima and in fact the scientists were getting worried because there were so few sunspots

ocean temperature currents,
Do affect climate I concede but they have to get heat from somewhere and it takes a LOT to heat our oceans
gravitational axis,
Now this is silly - don't you think SOMEONE would have noticed if this were the case?

a combination of those things or a whole bunch of other naturally occurring things.

What makes you think these things were NOT investigated and been ruled out? In fact the like the sun spot measurements is science that is done by a different group - astronomy not climatology and so cannot be part of the whole conspiracy theory surrounding the science of climatology

Here is why your analogy is bad. Someone put the car on top of the hill and someone made the car. Nature doesn't put cars on hills and even if some wild animals or a tornado put the car on the hill humans still made the car.

No, the car represents the Earth, the hill represents climate change, and eventually the car is going to get to the bottom of the hill, what we don't know is if we are helping it along by pushing the gas.

If we are pushing the gas in regard to weather then it would not be a naturally occurring event.

Yes it would, just because it occurs naturally doesn't mean we can't help it along.

Back
Top Bottom