• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are your state's values?

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I was listening to Democracy Now! and the woman with the 1619 Project was on. Then someone from Texas was recorded saying an "1836 Project" was launched to teach school children Texas' values.

So, what are the values of your state and states you've lived in for long enough to have an idea?

No dogging on other states, please.

I was listening to Democracy Now! and the woman with the 1619 Project was on. Then someone from Texas was recorded saying an "1836 Project" was launched to teach school children Texas' values.

So, what are the values of your state and states you've lived in for long enough to have an idea?

I could care less about my state's values. I care more about my family and friends' values. State values change with the changes in leadership.

Aviation and innovation just to name two but since i feel my area is like Austin texas, i dunno if i can say my state really has great values.

I could care less about my state's values. I care more about my family and friends' values. State values change with the changes in leadership.

I care about values on several different organizational levels. I wouldn't want to live in and pay taxes to a state that's doing things that I think are obviously and blatantly wrong.

Here in Colorado, we just like fresh powder, our 300 days of sunshine, mild weather and especially being high (average elevation more than 5000 feet) so that we can look down on all those people in the other states.;)

In that case, why are you participating in a political forum?

In that case, why are you participating in a political forum?
Politics and values are not the same thing. For example, while I am not pro war, I also did not think we should have left Afghanistan. I am against war, however I do see that the job was not done there. And if I was ever drafted, I would be obligated to serve even if it is against my values.

Another example. While I am pro 2nd Amendment, I also believe that certain regulations that could be implemented do not fall under the category of "taking away the 2nd amendment".

Another example. While I am pro life, I do agree that the federal government should not meddle in that, that it should be left to the states.

If you want more examples of how my values sometimes differ from "good politics", I'd be happy to oblige.

The biggest value is to ensure the safety and well being of my family, regardless of politics.

I live in Arizona. Two of our prominent Congressmen are Paul Gosar and Andy Biggs. Arizona has no values.

I live in California, and by all observations this state values:

open drug use
defecating in the streets
illegal aliens and their anchor babies
gangs
graffiti
homeless zombies
destroying businesses and suburban neighborhoods
smash and grab thefts
rape and murder
freeing criminals or not prosecuting them
and the Kardashians

I live in California, and by all observations this state values:

open drug use
defecating in the streets
illegal aliens and their anchor babies
gangs
graffiti
homeless zombies
destroying businesses and suburban neighborhoods
smash and grab thefts
rape and murder
freeing criminals or not prosecuting them
and the Kardashians
Not my experience of California. It's a pretty good place if you stay out of LA.I avoid large cities wherever I travel and California is a pretty attractive place.
You sure you're not damning the place where 40 million people live because 4 million live in a nasty metropolis? Hell, any city of 4 million is a nasty metropolis.

Not my experience of California. It's a pretty good place if you stay out of LA.I avoid large cities wherever I travel and California is a pretty attractive place.
You sure you're not damning the place where 40 million people live because 4 million live in a nasty metropolis? Hell, any city of 4 million is a nasty metropolis.
Since most Californians live in the large cities, it means youve never really been there other than in the fringe areas.

Since most Californians live in the large cities, it means youve never really been there other than in the fringe areas.
Care to guess how many people live in LA, San Fran and San Diego? Just over 6 million, out of a population of just under 40 million. I've been to those cities but for no longer than necessary.
Most Californians live in the hinterlands outside those metro areas.

Care to guess how many people live in LA, San Fran and San Diego? Just over 6 million, out of a population of just under 40 million. I've been to those cities but for no longer than necessary.
Most Californians live in the hinterlands outside those metro areas.
Wrong again. As usual.

California_population_map.png

States are not just arbitrary land masses, they are one of the main forms that comprises the government of the United ... States.

States do have values because different states have different laws and make other decisions (especially regarding what to or not to invest in) which are often based on values. Of course states have people with all kinds of values. But regions are often known for having certain values.

God and guns........ and meth

**** you, poors. We ain't feeding you if you're hungry.

**** you, poors. We ain't sheltering you if you're cold.

**** you, poors. You are having that baby whether you want to or not, but don't expect us to feed it when it gets hungry.

**** you, poors. You don't need medical care, anyway.

Shall I continue, or is the "**** you, poors" narrative pretty clear?

Aviation and innovation just to name two but since i feel my area is like Austin texas, i dunno if i can say my state really has great values.
An awful lot of people are moving to Texas because of economic opportunities and conservative values - not so much in Austin.
Can't imagine that state turning blue because of places like Austin.

Here in Colorado, we just like fresh powder, our 300 days of sunshine, mild weather and especially being high (average elevation more than 5000 feet) so that we can look down on all those people in the other states.;)
An excellent elitist attitude.

I live in Arizona. Two of our prominent Congressmen are Paul Gosar and Andy Biggs. Arizona has no values.
Since this is a political forum, I believe Kyrsten Sinema in AZ is doing an excellent job of blocking the overreach of the Democratic party affecting the entire country.
I hope she continues to stand her ground and does not get bought out by Biden or Chuckie Schumer. Her values are keeping the Dems from overriding states' rights in the Constitution.

My state's values consist of:

1. Hand piles of money to the private prison industry, and

That's it.

CA.

Crime is acceptable, almost encouraged.
Tax everything, burying your citizens.

Back
Top Bottom