• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are your state's values?

Care to guess how many people live in LA, San Fran and San Diego? Just over 6 million, out of a population of just under 40 million.

"Greater Los Angeles, with a 2019 population of 18,710,563"

You might wanna check those numbers again

Innovation and relaxation seem to be the top values of my state. Followed by a sense of "fairness" enforced through a redistributive taxation structure.

Greater Los Angeles? That might include 600 acres of cabbage and asparagus.
The point is most of California isn't the San Fran-LA-San Diego corridor. Most Californians live outside that axis.

Innovation and relaxation seem to be the top values of my state. Followed by a sense of "fairness" enforced through a redistributive taxation structure.
Sounds good so long as the 'redistributive tax structure' isn't as retaliatory as your description makes it sound.

Greater Los Angeles? That might include 600 acres of cabbage and asparagus.

It doesn't, it's pretty much all urban

The point is most of California isn't the San Fran-LA-San Diego corridor. Most Californians live outside that axis.

That's incorrect, 30 million people live in that corridor

making sure every sob is a born again Christian.......whether he wants to be or not

I was listening to Democracy Now! and the woman with the 1619 Project was on. Then someone from Texas was recorded saying an "1836 Project" was launched to teach school children Texas' values.

So, what are the values of your state and states you've lived in for long enough to have an idea?

No dogging on other states, please.
Alaska stands for individual rights and independence.

A full 14 years before the Supreme Court decision in Heller Alaska had already passed a State Constitution amendment acknowledging the individual right to keep and bear arms in 1994. Even during the COVID pandemic Alaska never shut down or made unconstitutional mandates. That only occurred in cities that were under the control of totalitarian leftist filth, and they were quickly removed from power.

I was listening to Democracy Now! and the woman with the 1619 Project was on. Then someone from Texas was recorded saying an "1836 Project" was launched to teach school children Texas' values.

So, what are the values of your state and states you've lived in for long enough to have an idea?

No dogging on other states, please.
I don't know, its just a state. The local culture here in Ohio seems less closed off and primitive than it did back when I was in Georgia, but beyond that, I never cared as long as I can find a way to do my hobbies.

He is only counting the City of Los Angeles. Not the "greater" Los Angeles area which includes numerous other cities.

Alaska stands for individual rights and independence.

A full 14 years before the Supreme Court decision in Heller Alaska had already passed a State Constitution amendment acknowledging the individual right to keep and bear arms in 1994. Even during the COVID pandemic Alaska never shut down or made unconstitutional mandates. That only occurred in cities that were under the control of totalitarian leftist filth, and they were quickly removed from power.
So, tell me, how often does Alaska see Presidential candidates visit their state?

Kind of hard to say in a country where referendums are few and far between.

Kind of hard to say in a country where referendums are few and far between.
Referendums are technically unconstitutional. A violation of Article IV, Section 4. "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government" and referendums and initiatives are both a form of direct democracy. Thus, violating the US Constitution.

That depends on the candidate. We got to know McCain's VP choice in 2008 pretty well. :p
She was already your governor... what about 2000, 2004, 2012, 2016, 2020

How often do Presidential candidates visit your state?

She was already your governor... what about 2000, 2004, 2012, 2016, 2020

How often do Presidential candidates visit your state?
Not many presidential candidates visit Alaska, but every President since Nixon has visited Alaska. Biden has already been to Alaska when he was VP, back in 2011.

Back
Top Bottom