• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What are your plans for Christmas?

George_Washington

DP Veteran
Reaction score
United States of America and proud of it!
Political Leaning
Conservative
SUP, fellow debatepolitics peeps.

So does anybody have any big plans for Christmas? I don't. I got a new job so I am just going to be working a lot during the season. So I probably won't be traveling anywhere this Christmas. Unless I win the lottery or something.

I personally love the Christmas season, do you? I know some people say it makes them depressed or they just don't like it. I, however, like it. I like having all the Christmas shows on TV and just the general mood.

For the people who aren't Christian and don't celebrate Christmas, that's cool, but please still say if you are doing anything for whatever you celebrate. Or if you're an atheist or something and don't celebrate anything, um, just respond with something interesting.

Christmas is a time to celebrate Jesus. Jesus is the reason for the season.
George_Washington said:
SUP, fellow debatepolitics peeps.

So does anybody have any big plans for Christmas? I don't. I got a new job so I am just going to be working a lot during the season. So I probably won't be traveling anywhere this Christmas. Unless I win the lottery or something.

I personally love the Christmas season, do you? I know some people say it makes them depressed or they just don't like it. I, however, like it. I like having all the Christmas shows on TV and just the general mood.

For the people who aren't Christian and don't celebrate Christmas, that's cool, but please still say if you are doing anything for whatever you celebrate. Or if you're an atheist or something and don't celebrate anything, um, just respond with something interesting.

Get drunk on fine wine and sing we all live in a yellow submarine...

128shot said:
Get drunk on fine wine and sing we all live in a yellow submarine...

really? im almost similar but i get drunk of Fine vodka, i.e. grey goose and then open my gifts naked! :D

I know some people say it makes them depressed or they just don't like it.

This is me. As youngster, if my dad spent less than 10k on us - he considered it a bad year.
This turned us into greedy peeps. Now, my kiddos only get 3 small gifts (less $20 each) and we talk about what Christmas is really about. If I had my say, it would be celebration of Jesus, a good meal, and a nap.

We would have our Christmas Turkey dinner at about 3pm roughly, stuffing, roast and mash potatoes, peas, carrots, brocholi, brussel sprouts with thick gravy. As a starter either watermelon or garlic mushrooms. Wine flows freely. I'm going to my uncles and aunts house this year, we take it in turns. Then after dinner their is a party where EVERYONE in my family is invited and their partners. I have 20 cousins, so its a pretty big family. We would all drink and be merry, sing, dance. My grandmother would be annoyed at us coz we are drinking (she doesn't drink). Somehow we manage to get supper into our stomachs, with chicken, garlic bread, pasta, meat, potatoes with cheese and bacon in them. Everyone starts going home at 1am.

Then the day after we have another Turkey dinner sometimes Duck for Boxing Day!!

lol I can't wait now. I don't see Christmas as a religious holiday, a family tradition I would consider it.

vauge said:
This is me. As youngster, if my dad spent less than 10k on us - he considered it a bad year.
This turned us into greedy peeps. Now, my kiddos only get 3 small gifts (less $20 each) and we talk about what Christmas is really about. If I had my say, it would be celebration of Jesus, a good meal, and a nap.
I'm the opposite...

My dad was THEE worst judge of gifts and my Christmas mornings were far from enthusiastic...pimple balls...pencils with our names on them...and BY FAR the worst gifts ever invented...stuff he'd won throughout the year...

My dad has been big on contests for decades...he would sit and do, what I call, "playing with envelopes" for hours at a time...he received multiple contest newsletters, and did the small, intricate things to give himself an advantage in these contests(highlighting the edges of the envelopes...placing pieces of cardboard in them so they stand out)...

Of course he never won anything big or worthy...but he'd receive a ton of stuff in the "thanks for playing" catagory...especially T-shirts...UGH!....Those freakin' T-shirts...

So my Christmas' were spent opening UPS boxes from companies like Velveeta or Quaker Oats and getting 1 of 10000 "fouth place" prizes...

Thanks dad...Your day in Hell awaits...

I'm heading to Laredo, Texas, to see my bro and my parents. I am hoping it will be warm. I used to go into Nuevo Laredo, Mexico, because the Cadillac Bar has the best tortilla soup. However, with all the murders going on there, I can't go. :(

Regardless, the Mexican food in Laredo is some of the best (not Tex Mex). Yummy! Oh, and I am excited to see my parents and bro. ;)

Back
Top Bottom