• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are your "pet" issues?

Well, Tommy has a tendency to get ear mites.

Prissy refuses to use the same litter box the boys use.

And Decoy thinks that I'm a trampoline when he wants to jump off of high shelves over my bed.

Those are my biggest pet issues.

Well, Tommy has a tendency to get ear mites.

Prissy refuses to use the same litter box the boys use.

And Decoy thinks that I'm a trampoline when he wants to jump off of high shelves over my bed.

Those are my biggest pet issues.

Yeah, but what about your dogs and cats?

My own pet issues usually touch on issues having to do with groupthink, belief without reason, and ideology as identity.

single term limits for all elected offices

As I found out last night in a dream, I want to be able to use my cat as a bowling ball. I was doing well enough to go pro, so i think we should consider cat bowling being legal. Certainly pet owners should get some use out of a cat aside from a moving and shedding doily.

I'm not a Vet and my experience is limited to cats but I hope that she has been given a shot of Prednisone as well as an antibiotic. There are pain meds for animals. Tramadol is one that can be written by Vets. They never offer it but if you ask, they can and likely will. It's much less regulated than the codones or morphines and it works.

Sorry to hear this. When they suffer I suffer with them.

My "pet" issue this past week has been some nasty spider or bug that bit my poor dog and caused her a severe allergic reaction and lots of pain. The only thing worse than the vet bills was listening to her cry all day and all night and not be able to do anything to comfort her.

I'm not a Vet and my experience is limited to cats but I hope that she has been given a shot of Prednisone as well as an antibiotic. There are pain meds for animals. Tramadol is one that can be written by Vets. They never offer it but if you ask, they can and likely will. It's much less regulated than the codones or morphines and it works.

Sorry to hear this. When they suffer I suffer with them.

Thanks for your comments - I'm not up on all the pain meds for people, let alone pets. I know that the vet gave her a steroid shot of some sort and allergy medication and after about 6 hours she was much more comfortable and she's on some type of medication now that seems to be helping.

Sick animals break your heart - even more so than children, they just have no way of telling you what's wrong and that makes the feeling of helplessness even worse. I hate to say it, but I think vets manipulate people for that very reason.

I'm fortunate to have a Vet that cares more about me and my brood of 30 some extended family cats. Many Vets are indeed salespeople and that's really unfortunate.

Hope your baby recovers very quickly.

Thanks for your comments - I'm not up on all the pain meds for people, let alone pets. I know that the vet gave her a steroid shot of some sort and allergy medication and after about 6 hours she was much more comfortable and she's on some type of medication now that seems to be helping.

Sick animals break your heart - even more so than children, they just have no way of telling you what's wrong and that makes the feeling of helplessness even worse. I hate to say it, but I think vets manipulate people for that very reason.

Unfurgivable.

As I found out last night in a dream, I want to be able to use my cat as a bowling ball. I was doing well enough to go pro, so i think we should consider cat bowling being legal. Certainly pet owners should get some use out of a cat aside from a moving and shedding doily.

Religion, personal and fiscal responsibility and making rational decisions.

Race and education (particularly the education of low-income and minority students)

I could probably expand race to "issues surrounding marginalized groups" although race is probably what I concentrate on most. Broadly though, I'm very interested in the history, current reality and problems faced by marginalized groups in society. This includes black Americans and Native Americans to gay people, women and people with mental illnesses. I have a huge problem with how those in power tend to ignore or dismiss concerns involving those groups so it's definitely a "pet issue" of mine.

What are your "pet" issues?

It's not uncommon to take many issues seriously, and that's good, but most people have one or two issues that are closer to their hearts than others. Which issues are those for you?

Mine are...

- Civil asset forfeiture. It seriously boggles my brain cells that anybody could rationalize this as being Constitutionally acceptable.
- Police abuse/corruption, especially as it contributes to wrongful convictions and usurping people's Constitutional protections.
My dad's dogs bark a lot whenever someone comes over. The quickest way to stop their barking is to go pet them once....but they'll also chase my green laser and cower at tje sight/sound of a fly swatter.

Healthcare
Healthcare is an easy issue to resolve: go buy a policy.

If you can't afford a policy, then go get a job and buy a policy.

There really isn't anything to get all worked up over.

Returning to a constitutionally limitted federal gov't (e.g. no department of education, no income redistribution programs) and getting ALL levels of gov't out of social engineering (no bans on personal behavior not directly affecting others, no income tax code based on how, or upon who, your money was later spent).

Back
Top Bottom