• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What are your LEAST favorite activities?

radcen

Phonetic Mnemonic ©
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist

Dentist ranks right up there. Over two hours later and my lip is still a little numb.

Board meetings. If not for the "free" lunch they would be a total waste of time. Sitting around discussing minutia while the overall vision of the organization is put on the back burner just drives me nuts.

Handing someone a bunch of money to either repair or replace something that I bought not long ago that was supposed to last till much longer than now but it is a bunch of crappola.

That and cleaning the cat litter box.

YUK.

:2sick1:

Last edited:
Waiting rooms for doctors is probably #1. I don't mind actually seeing my doctor for the 5 minutes he spends in the same room as me, its the 2 hour wait leading up to that that I can't stand.

If my appointment time is at 9 am, and I won't be seen till 11, how about I just come in at 11 and skip reading Sports Illustrated for 2 hours?

Board meetings. If not for the "free" lunch they would be a total waste of time. Sitting around discussing minutia while the overall vision of the organization is put on the back burner just drives me nuts.

they don't have to be that way
was responsible for setting the board meeting agenda for my last turn-around client
i tried to do two things. either make it a fun (and informative) field trip, or make sure the meeting was actually a festive event
the board members actually looked forward to them. some even brought their spouses for the entertainment
that alone caused the board to want to keep me around
if possible, try it for your upcoming board meeting

least favorite activity: wait in non-moving traffic
as often as not only due to rubberneckers
that human curiosity must keep NASCAR in business

getting up in the middle of the night to go pee. I hold it off until I can't stand it anymore.

Then I have to lay in bed a couple more hours to enjoy the relaxed state I am in afterwards.

Walking the dogs. Oh, I do enjoy it, but my hips HATE it. I am exhausted by the time I get back to the car (I take them to the beach so they can run leash free).

Putting dishes away. I like washing them because the hot water feels sooooooo good on my hands, but putting them away? Yuck.

Vac'ing and mopping.

getting up in the middle of the night to go pee. I hold it off until i can't stand it anymore.

Then i have to lay in bed a couple more hours to enjoy the relaxed state i am in afterwards.

Funny Man!

+1 to U.

Walking the dogs. Oh, I do enjoy it, but my hips HATE it. I am exhausted by the time I get back to the car (I take them to the beach so they can run leash free).

Putting dishes away. I like washing them because the hot water feels sooooooo good on my hands, but putting them away? Yuck.

Vac'ing and mopping.

WOW!...when we were dating, my wife said the very same thing about washing dishes. She said she loved the feel of her hands in dishwater.
That was when I knew I had just met the lady I was going to marry.
...and as her reward, I always insist on putting away the dishes after they are done.
She also said that she hates to put them away too.

You two must be sisters of different mothers.

Driving over really tall bridges.

Vacuuming.

Stopping to put gas in the car. Just hate it.

Income Tax. For some I should explain, that every year early in the spring people who work and earn money have to make sure the government gets a substantial chunk which they can steal part of and waste the rest.

Income Tax. For some I should explain, that every year early in the spring people who work and earn money have to make sure the government gets a substantial chunk which they can steal part of and waste the rest.

had no idea the mexican income tax system was so corrupt

had no idea the mexican income tax system was so corrupt

That's not the least you don't know. Mexico doesn't have an income tax and I pay more in income tax in the U.S. than I pay to live in Oaxaca.

I'm constantly amazed at the ignorance displayed about Mexico. I don't mind people saying they don't know about Mexico but the Tumpkins know everything about Mexico and in truth they're as ignorant as Devious Donald.

Any kind of waiting --- I hate waiting for slow people and I hate making people wait for me.

I had a roommate in college who loved shopping at Old Navy. The first time I went with her was the last time. We walked in and went our separate ways since we were looking for different things. I was done within 20 minutes and found her to see if she was ready yet. She was still looking and trying on so I went out into the mall and sat on a bench to wait. TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER she comes out. I kid you not. Never again.

Washing whites . . . .Hate it because it's tedious . . .socks especially.

Also --- getting up earlier when school starts again.... :(

Dentist ranks right up there. Over two hours later and my lip is still a little numb.

Dentist... tooth/mouth pain is the worst.

A close second is washing dishes though. :D

Sorting socks after they're washed. Ugh!

We settled that at my house. We just dump all socks in a drawer and if you want a matching pair YOU find 'em. :D

image.jpg

Dentist is definitely up there followed by bathing suit shopping.

Dentist is definitely up there followed by bathing suit shopping.

I always thought women loved shopping of any kind. :mrgreen:

Walmart and now target.

I have mild ptsd, it pretty much never shows until I get into a crowded area. I can not stand going there, always way too crowded, every customer blocks the isles like they think that walmart was built exclusevly for them, And I can not stand the fact that the more busy walmart is, the less cashiers they have. I live in a military area, 1st and 15th are the busiest days, yet walmart will be standing room only with only 2 cashiers open, mcdonalds does the same, they will have lines forever, but have a bare minimum staff on their busiest days they full well knew were coming.

And now shopping at target. I used to use walmart except on the beginning and halfway through the month, because the target where I live is a ghost town. Problem is they are getting so bored there, especially since they have more staff than walmart, every isle I go on is a sneak attack from employees. Every isle an employee just comes around the corner asking if I need help finding anything, it bugs the crap out of me.

Back
Top Bottom